DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Errol - Staff Application

Errol

• DarkRP Administration Team

In-game name: Errol (currently TCG StS Errol)
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:41864700
Warns: 0 (according to /warnmenu)
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Playtime?: 737:03:14
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes.
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes.
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Recon, Lika, Fat Good Boi, ednarbneumi
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Not on this server, but I have been mod on a couple (now inactive) Trouble in Terrorist Town servers back around 2013.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

So I have been (at least in my opinion) pretty darn active over the past 4-5 months or so since I've started playing on Garnet. Over this period of time I've made an effort to try and form friendships with (or at least make cordial relations with) the users of this place, and I think that because of this I've tried my very best to not make enemies which would affect my ability to be rational, fair and balanced in regards to handling moderator tasks. Of course we all have times where perhaps we've had a bad day and lashed out at another user, or done something we shouldn't have done, but I personally believe that in my over 15 years of online gaming and dealing with troublemakers and minges I am pretty confident in my abilities to deal with situations calmly and fairly, even with people I consider a friend or someone I dislike. I also would point to the fact I have a good chunk of time on most days to put toward being an active staff member, and of course this would be a great asset considering recent events with staff LOAs and resignations. I've seen too many instances also recently of staff being overwhelmed by reports on especially busy days, which puts immense strain on the only active staff, and with the times that we also do have staff who are AFK or cannot access the server because of time zones (needing to sleep, etc.) I think I would be more than willing to forego any RP if needed and help keep the community free of issues. When it comes to staffing, I have always been all-hands-on-deck and never shirked my responsibilities. And if there were any need for me to announce a LOA, I would definitely not leave you guys in the dark.

If I had to list shortcomings for the sake of transparency, I would say I'm no tech whiz. I'm 28 and have been around computers much of my life, and while I can attest that I know my way around a keyboard and can manage a staff menu if need be, I also have not had experience specifically with the tools that Garnet Gaming has provided to its staff. This is an issue of course since this is important to know in order to deal with reports, warns, jails, bans, you name it, but I believe I'm a capable and quick learner through repetition and I have been quite successful in my moderating duties in the past despite this. Otherwise I believe I am a team player and considering the staff team is now occupied with folks that I have regular communication and interaction with, I think these guys would be an immense help in matters where I may be confused or unsure, and I don't believe it's wrong to rely on others in such a situation. Aside from time, willingness to learn and a general level-headedness in times of stress, I think team-building and working together will help keep this server free of issues and we need everyone who is willing to chip in.

It pains me to see players who feel like they've been burned by staff inaction, lack of care or by the sheer volume of time it takes in order for reports to be completed. This is why I really got the urge to apply recently, and I'm sure hoping that if you read this and you think I belong on the team, that you agree that many hands make light work. I thank you for reading this and I look forward to everyone's responses!

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? I was banned one time for 2 days on August 15 (this year) for propblock and LTAP. Was pretty new and didn't realize I did it.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Most days of the week I'm free to contribute anywhere from 3-7 hours. Let's meet somewhere in the middle and say 4-5 on average.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Making music, drawing, writing, studying history.
Did you read the staff rules?: Errol

Edited by Errol
Added extra referral for ednarbneumi.
  • Like 4

+1

Can't think of any overwhelming negative experience I've had with Errol, or any negative experiences, for that matter.

Errol's played for a hot minute, so I don't think it would hurt to have him on the team.

Edited by WohMi
wrong color
  • Like 1