Outright Ridiculous

@Garnet I understand you have personal issues and everyone is entitled to a LOA, and I believe after years of activity you deserve one, but how is a community like this meant to run itself? We need someone to be able to handle situations like the ones currently happening on DarkRP. The server is pushing at 100 ms for me (usually about 20-30ms), the server is currently down with the TS constantly crashing (been about 4 hours and counting), adv dupe & DJ is yet to be fixed even though you are aware of the issue (its been weeks if not months), and more! I'm not asking you to be here all the time but at least you could possibly give another person who you trust access to the host and/or FTP. change the pass as soon as you want to and they lose all access. there are few, but still some people who've been by your side for years and when you have a job to do, and a server to run, you can't expect it to run without someone taking care of it. That's like mcdonald's without a manager!  We either need you here or you need to provide someone with the FTP+Host Logins to run the server. Come on Garnet. This server has been running for this long for a reason, because we have a strong community and a good leader. We love you, make the right choice. Please tag garnet if you guys agree.

❤️, Mamba.

Edited by Mamba
  • Like 2
  • Dumb/Shitpost 4
  • 300 IQ 1

He needs to take his time off and get better. I know I'm not Garnet, but I'm sure if I was going through whatever he's going through I would want nothing to do with the server right now.  That's why I reacted to your post the way I did.

Just now, ToucanMcGuppy said:

He needs to take his time off and get better. I know I'm not Garnet, but I'm sure if I was going through whatever he's going through I would want nothing to do with the server right now.  That's why I reacted to your post the way I did.

did you read all of it? I absolutely understand his situation and there's no reason he should not be allowed to go on LOA, but during those times he should at least give someone, anyone, the permission to restart or fix the server, because it is very broken right now, and the server crashed and it's been down for hours now.

1 hour ago, Mamba said:

@Garnet This is kind of ridiculous. We don't deserve this. I understand you have personal issues and everyone is entitled to a LOA, and I believe after years of activity you deserve one, but how is a community like this meant to run itself? We need someone to be able to handle situations like the ones currently happening on DarkRP. The server is pushing at 100 ms for me (usually about 20-30ms), the server is currently down with the TS constantly crashing (been about 4 hours and counting), adv dupe & DJ is yet to be fixed even though you are aware of the issue (its been weeks if not months), and more! I'm not asking you to be here all the time but at least you could possibly give another person who you trust access to the host and/or FTP. change the pass as soon as you want to and they lose all access. there are few, but still some people who've been by your side for years and when you have a job to do, and a server to run, you can't expect it to run without someone taking care of it. That's like mcdonald's without a manager!  We either need you here or you need to provide someone with the FTP+Host Logins to run the server. Come on Garnet. This server has been running for this long for a reason, because we have a strong community and a good leader. Don't throw it away over some girl. We love you, make the right choice. Please tag garnet if you guys agree.

❤️, Mamba.

+1

I agree that someone should run the community in his place, but It seems that he needs some time alone and didn't think about this at the very moment. Running a community and life isn't easy, so just give it some time, maybe another day, and if  this problem still persists, then maybe phantom should get control on Garnet's LOA (With his permission ofc). 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Not Cool said:

It won't happen, in the past, every time he starts to trust someone, the person starts betraying him by stealing him money, fucking up the forums or even killing the relationships with other communities.

Those guys should not have been trusted one bit. I personally vouch for either @Phantom or @Evity as I highly doubt they would do such a thing, and I think Garnet should have at least enough trust for these two to give them access to the host during his LOA. Maybe not FTP, but you can add people (usually) to the host account as a moderator who can do certains things but also doesn't give them access to other things.

14 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I highly doubt they would do such a thing

From personal experience with other servers, you can never be too sure. Although, I do agree with you that there at least one other person that Garnet can trust should be able to get access to the gamerserver panel for things like restarts and checking the status. Back to my personal experience, both of the things you are talking about have occurred in front of me on another server (higher up gets FTP/panel access, plants backdoors and in general ruins the image of the server through "creative freedom". and the owner of the server going on a long period of inactivity due to university and work; the server sat empty for nearly 7 months with no new updates because he was the only one with FTP). With a community this size would be a great time to give a little more power to someone high up while Garnet is gone, because even with an organized staff team, meaning with proper ranks, rules, and quotas, something is bound to go wrong in some sense. And I'm not meaning the community falls apart but it could be as we see the DarkRP not working properly or as intended all of the sudden.

1 minute ago, Madison | Garnetgaming said:

Do you guys remember Nyx? The guy garnet trust in DRP (DRP Super admin). 

He destroyed the old forums..... Point is, garnet'd circle of trusted people is small

I mean understand his circle is small. I'm not saying just hand it out entirely, etc. It is very unfortunate that there are tons of people you can't trust with that type of power.

13 minutes ago, Madison | Garnetgaming said:

Do you guys remember Nyx? The guy garnet trust in DRP (DRP Super admin). 

He destroyed the old forums..... Point is, garnet'd circle of trusted people is small

haha *demotes Grace, asks for ass pics, deletes forums, com banned*

also btw this is the shit that got bowers and a few others com banned

Edited by Not cool kid

This would have been better as a PM to Garnet. I understand your concern about the server, but the way you went about it is pretty stupid. @ing him and exposing his personal issue to a community who has no business knowing is more than likely going to piss him off..

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 4