Nium's Electricity

Poll:  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion:

• Yes to everything
    • Needs more revision
    • No to everything
    • Neutral/Don't care

Description: There's this addon I've been playing with called Nium's Electricity which adds a relatively simple electricity system into gmod, allowing you to power various useful things like electric fences, health and armor chargers, energy drink dispensers, etc. Because there aren't many applications for electricity in the base addon, I have some more ideas:

Powered Alarm: Alerts the owner if tripped, useful for when you're out of your base.

EMP Grenade: Disables electrical entities for a certain amount of time when detonated, useful for raids.

Powered Turret: Probably OP/broken no matter how it's implemented, but self-explanatory, an automatic turret that shoots anyone who isn't on a whitelist. For balancing maybe give it a limited range, health, ammo, can only have 1 per player, and it can't shoot through transparent props like fences.

Given the server heavily prioritizes performance (thank you nutter) the system should be simplified, like a limited update rate for the entities, getting rid of the refinery to just have the drill, having cables become static after a few seconds of being tampered with, and getting rid of entities that don't help with base building like the big power pole. There should also be some rebalancing of the chargers and drinks since there's already the doctor and perks.

Reasoning: Other than the cool factor I think adding electrical systems would deepen base building and add opportunities for new kinds of businesses. 

Additional Info: Link to addon: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2553388311

• 2 months later...
  • DarkRP Management Team

Denied

One of the things that makes our server desirable to much of our playerbase is the fact that we are the closest to vanilla of the top 5 DarkRP servers...I feel as though an electricity mod would move us more in the opposite direction, so while it would be cool, I feel as though it would be more appropriate to put on a second, modded DarkRP server for Garnet.

Thank you for the time & effort you put into your suggestion!