DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

RPGs/Explosives are/Will be the death of creativity on Garnet Gaming DRP

Ive based in the building with the slot for selling guns, had someone raid the base next to me, and he was somehow able to blow me and my printers up despite not even aiming at my base. Also ive shot it into bases and blew up people on the street. easy way to mrdm

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Graykidz said:

Ive based in the building with the slot for selling guns, had someone raid the base next to me, and he was somehow able to blow me and my printers up despite not even aiming at my base. Also ive shot it into bases and blew up people on the street. easy way to mrdm

Funny story, that was OUR base that got RPG'ed that day. I remember you basing next to us lmao. No one ever seems to believe me when I tell them that I've seen RPGs hit through solid walls, but I have, in fact, seen it happen. Not really sure if it's a glitch, but at times I've had bases close to us get RPG'ed and somehow the splash damage hits us.  But this has little to do with the topic at hand as im sure this is a bug.  Anyways thanks for the free M79 you gave me that day 😄

• Friendly 1
  • Agree 1
On 2/11/2024 at 11:42 AM, AlexConway said:

I know the DarkRP Management Team is actively policing serious alting (3+), but a hard coded solution would affect people who don't alt but use a VPN that may be shared by another player, etc.

In that case I feel like it would be appropriate to inform everyone and add it to the next rules update, (max. Alts limit / punishments, etc.) in order to leave no doubts nor questions unanswered.

• Agree 1
On 2/10/2024 at 7:51 PM, tdizz said:

, explosives haven't ever really been a problem due to the small amount of players that actually have them,

I'm not really sure when the last time you played on the server was, as I have not seen you on before, but I can assure you this is as far from true as it gets. I would wager that most players who are level 80-90 have RPGs and that might be being generous, and it doesn't really matter anyway when most of those players who have them are the most active.  

That being said if you're smart about building bases you can essentially base anywhere you'd like on the current map, the splash damage of rockets isnt enough to fully kill you if you have adequate protection of your valuables (stoves and printers ext.)

This is simply not true, and is one of those things that I've had some players tell me but never shown me. From everything that I have seen and from my own experiences, you can only really minimize the damage. Not like it really matters, if you're still taking damage through your props even if you minimized it. Most players cant out heal a consistent rocket being shot into their base's entrance. As I said in the first post, there's a reason why experienced players never base in anything but large buildings/medium-sized buildings.

raiders already have no advantages so risking using your RPG/Explosives during a raid is why the balance has been nice all these years,

I will never agree with this sentiment that 'Raiders have no advantages.' Not only are building rules extremely restricting, but sniper peaks just got a massive nerf, and it's not like shotgun peaks are even remotely usable unless you make them from extremely far away, which kind of defeats the point. I don't think there's ever been a time where defending your base has been harder, assuming the builder is following the rules. And keep in mind that weapons like (RPGs) are the reason why raiding bases became so hard. Yes, sniper peaks did exist before RPGs were spammed at every base, but RPG spam only made people want to use sniper peaks more. Ironically, the very thing you are defending is the very reason why raiding became so much harder. And let's keep in mind every tool that raiders currently have to attack bases (Every form of Explosives, Deployable keypad crackers, Nerve Gas, Smoke grenades, and I'm sure I'm missing some) All of which can be used in creative ways to take down even some of the best-built bases. Raiders have so many tools to try and take bases that I will always say raiders have the advantage if it's more than one person.

just because (im assuming) you lost your printers after someone raided you with a RPG.

The very first part of my post: 

On 2/9/2024 at 1:08 AM, HSR Sampo Koski said:

Before I start with all my points, I want to make two things very clear when it comes to this post.  First, this is not a rage post. I know and have defended against explosives throughout a good amount of my time on the server.

I'm more than happy with any of the proposed suggestions/solutions going through as I like them all, whether that be an RPG shield or a 40% splash damage nerf, but I really didn't agree with this reply.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, HSR Sampo Koski said:

I'm not really sure when the last time you played on the server was, as I have not seen you on before, but I can assure you this is as far from true as it gets. I would wager that most players who are level 80-90 have RPGs and that might be being generous, and it doesn't really matter anyway when most of those players who have them are the most active.  

The sole reason there are ‘’alot’’ of players w them is because they used to be somewhat affordable. Since the new case update they are more expensive to get from unbox, but most people ignore that and sell them for the same old 5-6-7m an rpg. Give it a few months and alot of rpgs will be lost and to get more people will have to open cases and won’t be able to afford to sell them off for what they used to go for. Like it or not RPG’s are not worth the 5m everyone is selling them at. Once the ‘’old’’ rpgs run out, the market will stabilize and fewer people will get their hands on them. That’s how it works and that why you shouldn’t sell your rpgs and gls right now for too cheap:)

• Agree 1