Ban Appeal 03/27/2024

In-game name: credits
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:0:601547749
Staff members in-game name: JohnyFlame 
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): Not Sure
Date & Time of incident: 03/27/2024
Timezone: GMT(-4)
Ban Reason: Mass RDM
How long were you banned for?: 2 Weeks
Proof of Ban:

https://imgur.com/a/nZmznNr
What happened? (include any proof):

I was being attacked by this random lvl 6 who kept coming up to me, placing a prop inside me, then running away. I tried telling him to stop in the beginning, and even did a /report on him when he first started doing it, but he wouldn't listen. I was having fun rping cutting peoples hair (shown in photo) and he would just randomly come up to me, and put a fridge inside me. He would block me inside my base while I was trying to get out, come up behind me while I was in a gunfight and stuck me in place so I can get shot. All in all, he was pestering me for no reason. He wouldn't undo it until I killed him, and he kept doing it over and over and over and over and finally, after 15 minutes of annoying me and me having to kill him to get out, an admin finally teleported us into a sit. In the sit, the admin was half-there, and half doing something else. While I was trying to explain my side of what happened, the admin finally came back, without looking at what I was saying or why I had to keep killing him, said I was 'mass RDM'ing' him because I had killed him 10 times over the past half-hour of him being a prick to me and abusing the prop menu, and banned me for 2 weeks while giving him only a warn. Because of this prick I got killed in a gunfight, because he wouldn't do anything towards leveling up, making money, or anything of the sort other than being annoying to anyone he can find, taunting me through voice chat constantly, and stopping me from going anywhere as he would follow me and prop-block me constantly. And the reason I got banned, 'mass rdm' implies it was random, when it clearly was not. This dude wouldn't leave me alone, and kept coming back as well after I killed him. Meanwhile I was just trying to have a nice role-play and make some money with printers. The admin finally answered the report after I had to deal with him for so long, and tped me into a sit just as I was getting raided. And, to top it all off, a 2 week ban. I think the admin made the wrong call here and my ban is not justifiable really at all when you look at it. You would think that after a person gets killed once or twice, they'd lay off and stop pestering someone, but I know for a fact this dude was intentionally trying to get killed so he can put in a report and get me banned. He has been on the server for less than 4 hours id say, meanwhile I have logged over 20. I think I know the rules well enough to know this would no way be considered RDM.

Edited by nazy

The dude was very obviously violating NLR, otherwise he wouldn't kept coming back and being annoying to everyone there. If he would stop chasing me down, following me wherever I go and prop-blocking me, there would have been no issue at all, but despite this, with no regard for role-play or anything, he just kept returning and being a prick to everyone. JohnyFlame gave the user a warning, if he reads this he will be able to give his username. 

• DarkRP Administration Team

zvjizvrkco.png
UNDER REVIEW
Thank you for your appeal. Please allow up to 24-48 hours for a response from a member of the Operator Division. As well as allowing a reasonable timeframe to gather the facts pertaining to your ban.

Please note, bans will only be appealed if they are of a false nature, incorrect reasoning, and in some cases mishandling of sit/report/ban. 

I agree with some of your points and will be the first to admit when I'm wrong in certain areas. Although I reviewed my footage and you brought up many good points such as "uNNgalublich is still nub" spawning props, breaking NLR in some cases, and overall not having an intent to roleplay due to his actions. I can see how all of those things can make a convincing argument against them and you could be right about them but I asked you for evidence such as screenshots and clips of them spawning props inside you but you didn't give me any. During the sit, I also checked the prop logs and couldn't find any recent evidence for him spawning in the props during the times uNNgalublich was killed. uNNgalublich did later admit to spawning props inside of you so I did punish him for what he admitted to and what I could find evidence for during the time. At most during the time, I could have added NLR but I was never given evidence of him breaking NLR and thus could not verify that claim. Here is the screenshot of the logs from my video showing the number of times uNNgalublich was killed: https://gyazo.com/ef95f204c004c5bb9d88b95aabdf303a . (Not related to the sit but related to the screenshot you posted, Shotgun Ghost, who was in your photo with the textscreen was banned for 1 month after review from myself and GamingCarrot for Racism and Homophobia in his textscreen due to the 2nd line that he kept changing to multiple discriminatory words). I can understand the frustration but without a clip of which times he came back and broke NLR all I had to go on was what was presented in front of me. If you can please show me him breaking NLR that would be great! You also have to understand that you cannot kill someone just because they are breaking the rules (such as spawning a prop inside you) and you should always collect evidence (via screenshot or clip) and place a report on them.  

Best of luck!
-Jonnyflame

Hello. Unfortunately, I did not take photos, and I don't have a clipping software on my computer. I did not expect this issue to arise to much, and assumed that it was pretty obvious what he was doing if an admin did some digging or watched what was happening. He was doing it constantly, even while you teleported to us to see what the issue was. I've never had an issue with another player that resulted in me getting banned yet, so I did not know that the most important thing is to take evidence of the abuse happening. I just don't see the point in punishing me with a 2 week-ban for mass-rdm when it is obvious that it was not intentional and was provoked. I am not able to contribute anything more to my appeal, so I will just ask that you be fair with what happened, and my punishment for what happened.

• DarkRP Administration Team

zvjizvrkco.png
PARTIALLY ACCEPTED
Thank you for your appeal. After a careful review by our Operator Division, we have decided to reduce your ban to 1 week for Unintentional Mass Random Deathmatch (UMRDM).
The decision to reduce your ban and partially accept your appeal is due, but not limited to, the following:

You should not kill another player repeatedly just because they are breaking the rules, the appropriate action would be to place a report and allow staff to handle the situation. The evidence that JonnyFlame has provided clearly shows you repeatedly killing the other player. By your own admission, you knew and understood that you shouldn't repeatedly kill them otherwise you would get yourself in trouble and potentially banned as a result - quote from your appeal post:  "I know for a fact this dude was intentionally trying to get killed so he can put in a report and get me banned".

While I find that the ban for Mass Random Deathmatch (MRDM) is valid and JonnyFlame took all appropriate actions related to your own behaviour, I will on this occasion take into consideration the fact that the other player was very likely harassing you, which I believe was somewhat overlooked. Staff may use discretion in certain situations such as this, where the dispute was between you and only one other player who appears to have been targeting you for a reaction. More often than not, if the root-cause of an issue can be resolved, then countless other issues are averted. If this situation repeats itself in the future, place a report specifically for harassment as this will immediately become a staff priority.

Thank you for your appeal and we hope to see you in game soon