In-game name
Railgun/Buck Port'al

SteamID

Warns

Timezone
CST

Playtime?
8days 23 hours or 215 hours

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?
Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?
Yes

Referral(s)
Nobody i just like the server

Past experiences as a Game Master
I dont remember many server names but ive been GMing for about 3 years

Why should we choose you over other applicants? 
While to some I may seem like another random player i actually have quite the history and experience as both a gm and swrp player in any role. I started back in 2018 and have actively played since. I am on practically every day and have began to enjoy it a lot more than i thought i would. I am a creative and Thorough person when it comes to GMing unlike when i am playing for fun as i take the job very seriously. I would greatly enjoy being able to not only do big events but assist players with anything they might need from battalion trainings and certs to sparking an exciting day from a boring one with a sudden onworld event.

While i am new to the community I do not plan on staying that way for long, and Recruiting me as a GM would not only help me become more involved in both the server and the community. In the long run I know that people will be able to look back at the events and things I will do as a GM and reminisce about some of their favorite moments on the server no doubt. On top of everything else I also have no life tbh so I can do back to back events to keep the server rolling on the slower days when a chunk of the server is busy with work or school stuff, I dont mind GMing whether its 10 or 100 people, I enjoy it regardless. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details
No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role
I am currently job searching so at the current moment i am free from about 10am-12am every day

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?
A gamemaster is almost like the heart of a server, because no matter how good a staff or dev team is or how energetic the COs are it doesnt mean much of anything if there are never any events happening. As a GM It is your job to ensure an exciting experience for everyone on the server, From CT to Jedi to SOB. If a GM isnt doing exciting events it can cause a server to lose traction and player count quickly. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team
I have pretty vast starwars knowledge and as long as its approved by my GM overseers id enjoy bringing a set of characters who frequently appear in events in order to build a bond with the troopers as if they were normal whitelists almost

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server
An event line following a Jedi knight and his battalion commander who frequently find themselves the target of DFUs and Kidnappings, They would be recognizable models and characters who would have storylines that could easily cross over into any other event with their ability to seemingly always wind up in trouble. They would come with a made up battalion (Probably something like 13th Thunder core) And a doc detailing each adventure they find themselves in so new players can brush up on the lore of the entire plotline.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Operation Dugout
[Troopers will be allowed ground vehicles and a single LAAT/I for troop transport and positioning]

At the beginning of the event the base will receive an emergency broadcast from a republic frequency begging for assistance with their current position (To be determined once i know the maps) The troops will be given an emergency briefing and will deploy as quickly as possible. Once onworld the troops will be guided via droppods and a pair of event characters who will serve as their guides as they bunker down and are given a timer to hold off waves of droids ending with a climactic decision to rig the outpost with explosives and evac in order to destroy the CIS forces

Nightfall Protocol
[Onworld Passive RP into FOB Sweep Event]

Naval will be contacted first informing them of a possible insurgent force of clones within the base (Played by up to 4 randomly chosen players) Troops will be ordered to their bunks and inspected by CG and Naval. The event character troopers will act completely normal and pass these inspections then will steal a LAAT and set up fortifications and be reinforced by CiS forces. Troops will head out on foot to clear the FOBs and finally face off with a DFU and the event characters at the crystal caves. The DFU will surrender at the end of the conflict and be allowed to be interrogated by jedi for RP and training

Blue Moon!?
[Troops will be allowed no additional equipment]
During a training onboard a venator the troops receive a mysterious broadcast and are ordered by command to investigate it. They find themselves landing upon a seemingly abandoned CiS base with no explanation as to why it has been emptied. The troops slowly find notes and context that reveals that this was a CiS Biochemical lab that was developing a gaseous disease that rapidly deteriorates and zombifies troopers. Luckily it seems that this factory is empty of both the gas and zombies. Unfortunately it is not empty of traps as when a specific console is used it sets off an alarm that alerts a nearby CIS fleet  that hyperspaces in and launches an assault on the troops. Once defeated the CiS Leave and drop several pods that begin to release the gas. If troopers are not fast enough they will have to deal with a hazmat emergency on ship

13th Reason
[Troops will be allowed all equipment]
The Thirteenth thunder core needs the help of our troops! They are making an emergency landing to occupy the base while their Jedi General and Commander are in critical condition and their onboard medical equipment isnt good enough to save them. Then halfway during the emergency the troops will load up and leave into hyperspace, forgetting both their CO and Jedi who will then participate in an onworld base defense and swiftly be taken to reunite with their troopers. . . . . for now. . . . .

Codewords and Crackheads

[RP heavy mission, no vehicles or equipment allowed.]
There has been recent suspicious activity happening in the underbelly of Coruscant and naval have been informed that one of their spies within the CiS has sent encrypted information to a gang member of a local hutt cartel who is willing to exchange the info for a reduced sentence in prison. He however is not physically identified and can only be uncovered by a series of codewords predetermined during the briefing. Once onworld it will be up to Naval and CG to Identify the informant and safely extract him for details regarding the next offworld.

(Edited to look a little better and fixed the steamID)

Edited by Ratt
  • Like 1
  • Community Director
Posted (edited)

+1 - The formatting makes me cringe a bit. But the application is well written, some refinement work to be done. Over the course of GM Training, this will come to be an easy transition. Good Luck.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Agree 1

Having worked alongside Railgun on engineering tasks in and out of missions I’ve seen firsthand that he is capable of performing the duties of a gamemaster. I look forward to seeing some interesting events from you. - +1

• Like 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

htruyc0533.png
ACCEPTED

After deliberation with the StarWarsRP Gamemaster Leadership Team, we have decided to accept your GM Application. This is largely in-part to some, but not limited to, the below reasons:

Support from members both in the GM and Mod team

Well liked events

Welcome to the StarWarsRP Gamemaster Team! We're looking forward to getting you trained and having you on board! 

Please do not use any commands/permissions until you have been trained