Add a Statute of Limitations

1 hour ago, IAreGunner said:

why would someone think that lol

I'm trying to remember which admin it was at the time, maybe it was Henderson? But ages ago I was in a sit for RDM because of this exact thing. I was told that about 2-3 minutes is a generally accepted amount of time for RP actions for arresting and killing in an RP scenario, like how the 3 minutes for the NLR is the RP amount of time to pass. 

There's also no reason to be condescending. 

1 hour ago, 1998Corolla said:

I'm trying to remember which admin it was at the time, maybe it was Henderson? But ages ago I was in a sit for RDM because of this exact thing. I was told that about 2-3 minutes is a generally accepted amount of time for RP actions for arresting and killing in an RP scenario, like how the 3 minutes for the NLR is the RP amount of time to pass. 

There's also no reason to be condescending. 

I mean, I kind of think of it as you’re able to kill that person if he damages you until you die. After new life rule comes into effect. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, IAreGunner said:

I mean, I kind of think of it as you’re able to kill that person if he damages you until you die. After new life rule comes into effect. 

For the record, I don't disagree with you. My only point is that every person may have a different idea of an amount of time that fits within an RP situation because it's not written and is left up to interpretation from the players involved in RP and the staff who have to deal with sits. 

If I was told 2 years ago by an admin it was around 3 minutes and never heard or read anything since then, and you Gunnar as recent staff on the server enforced otherwise, then theres just needs to be better communication that doesn't need to be on the forums and can be likely be resolved in the staff discord or brought up at their next staff meeting so Merk doesn't need to add micromanaging rules on the server. 

Even @Vortex's -1 response sounds valid and within RP and I don't disagree with. But doesn't yours and Vortex's responses to me "assuming" something that I was told by an admin show that perhaps show that theres an issue within the suggestion or staff communication or training?

Edited by 1998Corolla
formatting.
2 hours ago, 1998Corolla said:

because it's not written

That’s the thing, if it’s no written in the f4 rules it’s clearly a sign that there are no time limitations which makes total sense. Back then, the only reason a player would decide not to shoot back their attacker was the logs system would reset making it complicated. Now with the new logs system it’s not even a problem.

2 hours ago, 1998Corolla said:

But doesn't yours and Vortex's responses to me "assuming" something that I was told by an admin show that perhaps show that theres an issue within the suggestion or staff communication or training?

It shows there is an issue with ‘’some’’ staff that seem to like to have their own interpretation of the server rules. My sit shouldn’t have taken 30 min + the need for merk to log on when they could’ve simply idk maybe look at the server rules? If I didn’t call for a higher up aka merk didn’t come to the rescue I would’ve been either warned or jailed for something I knew wasn’t against the rules. Now imagine you’re a new player and don’t have easy access to merkio, well you’re most likely getting false jailed or warned. That’s the real problem.

• Agree 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team
Posted (edited)

Honestly this is a double edged sword, and can be annoying to deal with in sit, but it doesn't need to be a rule, if a player wants to shoot another play for any reason and they run away to hide, i don't see why the player shot can't hunt the guy and put him down. Now the double edged sword part is if the player or the player shot dies then a rule can be  broken, thats just the risk when you don't kill them at the start, so really it will deal with it self, not a lot of player can't stay alive for too long. So if you plan on hunting a player after they shoot you and they run, please watch the kill feed because if they die before you get to them and you kill them, you can be jailed/warned for RDM

Edited by OG_Bob_The_Builder

Neutral.

I kind of assumed this was already the case if you walk away from someone for 5 minutes there's a good chance they've started a new life. Coming back 5 mins later and killing them could essentially be RDMing them in their new life.

• Disagree 1