NLR Rule Clarification

Rabbi Reese

Not sure if i'm posting this in the right spot, but...

If your base is being raided and you die, can you /advert steal your own printers back while they are being transported by the raiding party?  Obviously you can't do this right outside your base as you'd be breaking NLR. 

I had a sit regarding this matter and I thought it was okay as long as you don't return to the general vicinity of where you die. 

• Like 1

no you can't NLR is New Life Rule, which means when you die you should pretend you have no idea what happened in your past life, if you return and counter a raid you died in your breaking nlr mate 

you shouldn't have anything to do with your base or the raid if you die in a raid 

Edited by IAMEVOLVE
21 minutes ago, IAMEVOLVE said:

no you can't NLR is New Life Rule, which means when you die you should pretend you have no idea what happened in your past life, if you return and counter a raid you died in your breaking nlr mate 

you shouldn't have anything to do with your base or the raid if you die in a raid 

What he said. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IAMEVOLVE said:

You're missing the point. The player isn't returning and countering the raid.  They are waiting for them to leave the base and then adverting steal as they are running in the street with the raided printers.  In doing so, they get their printers back without breaking NLR. 

My question is, should that be allowed? 

14 minutes ago, Rabbi Reese said:

You're missing the point. The player isn't returning and countering the raid.  They are waiting for them to leave the base and then adverting steal as they are running in the street with the raided printers.  In doing so, they get their printers back without breaking NLR. 

It would still be involving yourself with a raid that you died in, therefore it would still be NLR. 

Edited by Grace
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Rabbi Reese said:

your missing the point LOL, when someone transfers the printer from one base to another they have to have a raid advert active still which means you interfering with the raid is still nlr 

The rules state that you cant go out of your way around rules (loopholing). I was in this sit, and the player was salty I had raided him. During the raid, he came back to his own base, watched me while I raided, and adverted steal to take the printer back. I died, Reese took the sit, and gave him a verbal to not do it again. I continued the raid, he came back again, then countered steal outside his base and killed me again. This was loopholing the rules in a huge way, as it gives him a second and even third chance at defending his base. As Evolve said, the player who died/was raided should have nothing to do with the player who killed/raided him. As Grace put it, it is still involving yourself with a raid you died in, therefore breaking NLR. Off topic but still important- this same player continued to harass me after the raid. He switched to a police officer and camped outside my base so he could warrent. I killed him and he made a useless report on me, then once again went outside to camp the base. Also, he would bait people into the base and even stunstick them in. This isn’t a player report, so I won’t mention the player nor wish him any ill will. However, my point in bringing this up is that he was going out of his way to break the rules and somehow make me pay for raiding him fair and square. The NLR rules are very clear, and it is against the rules to /advert steal to try and get your printers back after a raid. 

• Like 1