Climb Swep Abuse - Clarification

kerry

36. You may not climb SWEP abuse (Ex: Hitting players with the Climb SWEP for no reason)

This rule is perhaps one of the most neglected in the server, and one of the most broken. By definition, abuse means to misuse something to serve a purpose which it was not originally intended. Now, about every day I will see people on the server using the climb swep's rightclick function paired with Speed and Jump boost, to fly frantically around the map, this is not what the SWEP is intended for and so, I think it should be patched, or become an infringement of rules.

For clarification, I mean this:

Buying speed/jump boost

Jumping up, and then when you land holding w, shift, and rightclick on the climbswep to do a roll and fly forward.

36. You may not climb SWEP abuse (Ex: Hitting players with the Climb SWEP for no reason)

THE RULE DOES NOT ONLY APPLY TO SMACKING PEOPLE WITH IT, AS IT GIVES THAT AS AN EXAMPLE, IT IS NOT THE ONLY APPLICATION OF THE RULE OF ABUSE. ABUSE IS MISUSE FOR A PURPOSE WHICH WAS NOT ORIGINALLY INTENDED.

Edited by kerry
Just now, Clarksp said:

That has been around for a long time, even before the vending machine because you can do it off the walls too. I highly doubt it will be patched.

I  don't expect it to be patched tbh, just made to be against the rules so people can be reported/warned for it, because regardless, it IS abuse

Edited by kerry

Are you dumb? Did you even read the rule? That rule is referring to hitting other players with a climb swep causing there screen to shake. This also isn't abuse as you can literally get the same effect by doing it off walls. The only difference is that it's alot harder to do. Also I don't understand why this effects other players. The only way I can see this being unfair is when your being chased by police. 

• Like 1
  • Toxic 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1
4 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Are you dumb? Did you even read the rule? That rule is referring to hitting other players with a climb swep causing there screen to shake. 

For one, chill on the disrespect.

And I'm sorry, let me ask your question back to you. Did you read the rule? Because it says this

You see that it says "Ex:" That means For example, not that that is the direct definition of the system's abuse. 

Edited by kerry
24 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Are you dumb? Did you even read the rule? That rule is referring to hitting other players with a climb swep causing there screen to shake. This also isn't abuse as you can literally get the same effect by doing it off walls. The only difference is that it's alot harder to do. Also I don't understand why this effects other players. The only way I can see this being unfair is when your being chased by police. 

+1 charlie

-1 actualy post

Edited by alexandergames350
51 minutes ago, kerry said:

And I'm sorry, let me ask your question back to you. Did you read the rule? Because it says this

You see that it says "Ex:" That means For example, not that that is the direct definition of the system's abuse. 

You literally just contradicted yourself.  The example is to show what counts as abuse, and I don't see using it to b-hop on there.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
1 hour ago, kerry said:

An example of something is showing an example of what the definition of the rule is talking about. Given that said, that is the clear definition of Rule 36. 

2 hours ago, kerry said:

If that was meant to be an example pulled from multiple possible cases, there would be an "etc.". Like this: 

5. Do not spam via chat or your microphone.(This includes OOC, Advert, etc.)

or

10. Do not stack/chain adverts (example: Raid/Assist/Mug/warn123/false/over, etc.)

or 

18. Do not RP in spawn (Ex: Raping, Building, Mugging, shooting people etc.)

The "etc." of course hinting at the fact that there's more cases that aren't listed. What your suggestion should really be is to remove the "Ex:" from the rule lol. 

Edited by Jarold
  • Like 2
  • 300 IQ 2