Vac's Application

Vac_

Name: Vac ( STEAM_0:1:212323038 )

Total time on the server: | NSWC PO2 Vac has played for 1913:26:15.

Do you own a microphone:  Yes

Referrals: none

Staff History (warn/bans): No active warns/bans (never been banned, but have gotten 3 total RDM warns) 

Country of Residence: USA (EST) 

Past experiences staffing? Former Head-mod on MRP | Former Mod on a Prop hunt server.

Why do you plan on benefiting our server? 

When I returned to Garnet Gaming, I made a poor impression, and I want to apologize to Jasmin for not only disrespecting her by RDM'ing her, but also for interrupting her while she was trying to have a conversation. That action had damaged my overall appearance and moto to show maturity and to be a role model for players. However, I am determined to express my motive to improve and support the server as a staff member.  Most of my abilities/talents have already been expressed in prior applications and expressed in the server/TS, however, I have many more then what is said. Some of my talents that will benefit the server are; my ability to show maturity even when it isn't given in return, ability to stick to a task and stay with it, and to be able to make sure new players are encouraged to remain on the server instead of being neglected and leaving.

Maturity: As stated above, this part of me was damaged in a way that took time to recover, however, since then I have strived to remain calm, and to not express toxicity to players, rather, de-escalating situations that get too heated. Another thing that sets me apart in maturity is even though OOC is out of character, it doesn't mean it won't affect your overall appearance. That is why when in OOC, I still keep the same attitude/word choice as I would in radio.  The last thing I would want, is a new player seeing a disrespectful/hateful message in OOC, and bringing that mingy/negative attitude into radio or even voice chat. All that will do is build toxicity in the server, driving RP players away, leaving only minges. Lastly, I don't hide from my mistakes, I'll admit, and take full blame for it, being mature doesn't mean changing your identity to restart as a whole new person, it's the ability to overcome the obstacles and to rebuild yourself into someone you want to be, not labels that you were given.  It isn't a quick process, earning that respect back is a slow and challenging task. Act how you want to be labeled. Maturity is in everyone, you just got to find it.

Remain on task: As a staff member (and RP player) you are given tasks and objectives that you need to full-fill, such as: RP related OBJ's (Sims/Tryouts/Recruiting) and Staff related OBJ's (Reports/Sits/meetings) and that's one thing that I love, being able to be involved.  A lot of people dislike work, let alone multitasking, but in my opinion, it is an blood pumping enjoyment. As a current player, I understand the reliability and trustworthiness that is given to staff members. You are expected to continue with your RP faction and be able to deal with staff related OBJ's.  And lucky for me, I'm very much capable of doing said examples. Lastly, my goal is to be as efficient as possible, meaning, I understand and get the importance of Staff work > RP.

Encouragement: I notice a lot that recruits often times get ignored due to base faction's DI/DS's just don't feel like training (This isn't for all DI/DS's as some of you do an amazing job, however some of you know who you are.).  And there can be anywhere from 4-6 DI/DS's on and none decide to go to RR to train. I am always ready to train new recruits to enjoy the server and get into the battle field rather then sitting in a room for an hour twiddling their thumbs. The whole purpose of MRP is to get a rough understanding/enjoyment of what it is like to be in the military (Obviously not exact). However, making sure that people are enjoying it and not annoyed of it should be top priority.  

Trustworthiness:  This isn't a new topic that I have explained about, however it is one I want to touch back up on.  My ability to be trustworthy (not just for staff, but for new players that are having a rough time getting into the community).  I try to look out for players who just join and can't get into the community, either those that have no idea what is going on, or those that can't get any responses from people.  I think I have made at least 4 true friends with people that before I met them, probably would never of talked to them, know they are close and I'm able to rely on them if I ever need anything.  Another thing I'm capable of is my ability to talk with people. This may not be super difficult, but to some people, getting to know new people isn't easy. Just reasoning with people to open up and enjoy themselves isn't that difficult once you come to getting to know the person and who they truly are, instead of bad first impressions.

Experience: This topic isn't the  most important, but It definitely matters.  Being on the server for about 6 months now has solidified my understanding of a lot  of things that I would not have known/understood a few months back. Anyone who is applying for staff should, and probably needs, to be aware of things that are unique to Garnet Gaming and to the community, meaning, hours of playing should be involved before further steps! Applying for staff early on was a scare for me but now that I've been here for some time now, it has given me confidence in my road to success. I am always improving, and adapting to the lessons I learn daily.

~Vac

Edited by Vaccc
Spelling