VIP Staff Rework.

Rework Vip Staff?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to happen to VIP staff generally?

• VIP Staff should be completly removed.
    • Reworked Fundamentally. ( My Suggestion )
    • Reworked, but not as much as you outlined.
    • VIP Staff is fine where it is.
    • Other.
  2. 2. Price Point?

• Raised above $50
    • Keep at $50
    • Lower to $40
    • Lower to $30 ( My Suggestion )
    • Lower to $20
    • I wanted it removed.
    • Other.

yes, this is my second suggestion today. 

Thank you for the idea @Preston Vasquez 

You are basically just a helper and arent promoted until higher ups see you're ready to become staff. 

Reasoning:

there are many VIP staff in garnet that have done great work, and I am glad they decided to support the server by buying the package. these are the people that make me not like the idea of complete removal. however, there are plenty of vip staff who were in no way fit to become full staff members, and should have never been allowed to. IE: Ioms, DLC, DOC Jacob ECT.

these are by no means the rule, however, I believe there is a way to have the best of both the financial support of donator staff and a system to stop them from abusing if they are not ready. enter in:

The Rework:

When you go to the new theoretical donation page for VIP Staff, you will see that it is now $30, and it is labeled VIP S.I.T ( Staff In Training ) with the disclaimer: this is a starting point for staff without having to apply. you are not entitled to a full staff rank, and you must have the TeamSpeak 3 client and a microphone in order to progress further. higher ranks can only be achieved if you are promoted by a manager+. by purchasing this package, you agree that you are not entitled to keep any rank or privilege, and you may be removed from staff at the discretion of management with no reimbursement for any reason. you are required to follow the server and staff rules or risk being removed from staff. 

Permissions of S.I.Ts. 

You Cannot:

Ban

Warn

Noclip

Force-unown

Refer players on the forums

You Can:

have access to @chat 

Jail/Jailtp

Freeze

Mute Chat/Voice

Physgun Users on duty with /adminmode

request warns / bans

use the report system to accept reports

handle sits when a moderator+ is on.

use /logs

use /roof

S.I.Ts are not held to a quota, however doing more sits properly will give a greater chance of promotion.

Every 2 weeks managers evaluate S.I.Ts and decide if any deserve promotion (15th and 30th of every month) 

if an S.I.T is promoted they become a VIP Mod and progress normally. 

VIP mods are required to have a microphone, ts and 48 hours of playtime.

S.I.Ts are to be spectated by admin+ staff regularly to look out for poor behavior and to see how well they handle sits.

this is just an outline, and I would like to hear everyone else's opinion on the idea.

Edited by Zaroni Pepperoni
Removing Needless spaces.

After speaking with Evity about the suggestion, he's given me a suggestion:

- Those who don't meet the requirements must wait until they reach 48 hours of playtime within the server before receiving the rank. 

I believe requesting warns should be just allowing them to warn, since warnings can be removed and causes little to no harm to the user. Bans, however, must have proof attached to it for a higherup to review before banning the player. 

* VIP Mods will become T. Mod after proving the dedication and trustworthy or receiving enough positive reputation from current staff members to higherups they believe they'll do good.

The price shouldn't be lowered because it'll cause more untrustworthy players consider purchasing it and saving a good $20.

Edited by National1
1 minute ago, Preston Vasquez said:

After speaking with Evity about the suggestion, he's given me a suggestion:

- Those who don't meet the requirements must wait until they reach 48 hours of playtime within the server before receiving the rank. 

I believe requesting warns should be just allowing them to warn, since warnings can be removed and causes little to no harm to the user. Bans, however, must have proof attached to it for a higherup to review before banning the player. 

* VIP Mods will become T. Mod after proving the dedication and trustworthy or receiving enough positive reputation from current staff members to higherups they believe they'll do good. 

the reasons warns are like that is because of warnstaking abuse, however if evity does not think of it as too much of an issue then it is fine.

43 minutes ago, Zaroni Pepperoni said:

Reasoning:

there are many VIP staff in garnet that have done great work, and I am glad they decided to support the server by buying the package. these are the people that make me not like the idea of complete removal. however, there are plenty of vip staff who were in no way fit to become full staff members, and should have never been allowed to. IE: Ioms, DLC, DOC Jacob ECT.

If they are able to do great work, and support the server, they can do both by applying for staff, and donating for other in-game items. Donating to become staff should not exist in my opinion purely because of this fact. Those people that make you not like the idea of complete removal would probably be able to apply and be accepted like others. Having a pay to get in system isn't needed, works just fine for MRP. Other donation items do just fine, paying for staff is a lot more likely to bring about abuse than it does good.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
2 minutes ago, Ethan said:

If they are able to do great work, and support the server, they can do both by applying for staff, and donating for other in-game items. Donating to become staff should not exist in my opinion purely because of this fact. Those people that make you not like the idea of complete removal would probably be able to apply and be accepted like others. Having a pay to get in system isn't needed, works just fine for MRP. Other donation items do just fine, paying for staff is a lot more likely to bring about abuse than it does good.

Though I do agree with you Ethan, I do not believe it should be removed entirely. If a minge wants to spend $50 on the server for VIP mod, let him go ahead. It benefits the server, keeps it running, and their damage is imo not even that bad. The Ioms mass ban, netherblaze mass ban, and others have been handled in less than 12 hours.

2 minutes ago, Bread God said:

Though I do agree with you Ethan, I do not believe it should be removed entirely. If a minge wants to spend $50 on the server for VIP mod, let him go ahead. It benefits the server, keeps it running, and their damage is imo not even that bad. The Ioms mass ban, netherblaze mass ban, and others have been handled in less than 12 hours.

Yes, but bypassing the application process with money isn't a good idea. Those that but VIP mod can attempt to charge back as well, don't think many get their money back from Garnet due to PayPal's dispute system, but I am not 100% sure about that. It's mainly the image of buying staff that makes the application process less effective/useful. Buying staff shouldn't exist, what you're doing here with this rework would stop people from wanting to buy staff because it would probably take longer to get to the rank they would if they just applied properly. This suggestion would either bring down the sales of VIP Mod, making it useless. The few people that do buy it would probably either have not known of the change or the process, or are newer, and are a lot more accident prone than a staff who has been in the DRP community for a good enough amount of time to understand most of the basic rules before even applying. Just not a good idea, not necessary in my opinion. Too many negatives, even if it is for $50 or more.

Guest ZachDLC
1 hour ago, Zaroni Pepperoni said:

DLC

I was good staff for a very long time. That hurts.

Ioms was also a very good staff member until his rapid deterioration.

I think the current system is fine. Just use more checks and balances to make their training as good as it can possibly be. If they blow 50 bucks on the ability to warn that's on them. They're not able to ban immeadiately anyway, and the forums hold them accountable as far as that goes.

Edited by ZachDLC
1 hour ago, Jeffery Setzer said:

I was good staff for a very long time. That hurts.

Ioms was also a very good staff member until his rapid deterioration.

I think the current system is fine. Just use more checks and balances to make their training as good as it can possibly be. If they blow 50 bucks on the ability to warn that's on them. They're not able to ban immeadiately anyway, and the forums hold them accountable as far as that goes.

you got VIP and then got instantly demoted afterward, so it met up with the other examples. the only difference is you did not ban the entire server in a fit.

I don't really see the point in this to be honest. Is it really that much of a problem that it NEEDS to be reworked? Also, what about the current VIP Mods? Would you force them down to SIT?

I feel these SIT people wouldn't be able to efficiently do their job, they are too dependent on actual staff members and it would probably do more harm than good.

17 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

I don't really see the point in this to be honest. Is it really that much of a problem that it NEEDS to be reworked? Also, what about the current VIP Mods? Would you force them down to SIT?

I feel these SIT people wouldn't be able to efficiently do their job, they are too dependent on actual staff members and it would probably do more harm than good.

no current vip mods would not be forced down to S.I.T, and I personally don't think its that big of an issue, but it has been brought up enough I decided to put my take on it and see how it is received. frankly, if a minge wants to spend $50 to staff abuse its fine by me.

5 hours ago, DannKeb said:

I’m pretty sure he didn’t buy VIP mod, but what happened to him? He seemed like a good guy. 

He was put down for a retraining and an hour after being told he takes his own sit,warn stacks, and random jailing people