DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Camera Tool Suggestion

Toast

9 hours ago, Chappie said:

-1 it was removed due to people abusing it, and placing invisible cameras in other peoples bases ect.

lol this was me and my friends. We did that alllllllll of the time.

People would also abuse cameras to watch their bases from the outside. -.-

Edited by Lori From The Deli
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
34 minutes ago, Lori From The Deli said:

lol this was me and my friends. We did that alllllllll of the time.

People would also abuse cameras to watch their bases from the outside. -.-

lol

Edited by Stone
im dumb
  • Like 1
  • Toxic 1

-1, Cameras were removed because of exploitation and other reasons.  Exploits such as stated above but back then they could crash the server because you could move them outside the map in certain locations.  However with the new addon which de-spawns props once they enter outside the map this is still a bad idea since it will just invite exploiters with the cameras back again.

Not to mention that you have to be quick with taking a screenshot or taking a video to have proof of the camera if it is or isn't invisible...

16 hours ago, Im Dream said:

+1

why it has been removed tho?

removed for abusing, once had police put a camera on every one of my windows while I was top of the hotel

+1 I feel that VIP should have it but you have to have a required playtime and make separate rules about abusing the tool for purposes like scoping bases with printers,and Raiding with it. the cameras should have a spawn maxed to about 2-4 at one time, they should be able be put outside your own base or if a mayor decides he can put them around the street and scope for people breaking laws/carrying printers kind of like CCTV cameras. 

• Winner 1
19 minutes ago, Not cool kid said:

removed for abusing, once had police put a camera on every one of my windows while I was top of the hotel

+1 I feel that VIP should have it but you have to have a required playtime and make separate rules about abusing the tool for purposes like scoping bases with printers,and Raiding with it. the cameras should have a spawn maxed to about 2-4 at one time, they should be able be put outside your own base or if a mayor decides he can put them around the street and scope for people breaking laws/carrying printers kind of like CCTV cameras. 

To add on to Wendell’s points, as he said something very interesting, what if only security guards and protective drones could use cameras? Since both of these are security related, why not allow only these jobs to have cameras? A security guard can spawn only one in, and a protective drone 2 (as it’s a VIP class). Of course, the amount of cameras can be edited to whatever Garnet or Evity want, but the principle of the idea is what matters. I believe this would give more of an incentive for people to play on the protective drone and security guard classes. Also, giving the police chief the ability to add security would also be a nice touch, and again, give more insentive to play on that job. If given to thieves and all classes, it can be easily abused. At least with the classes I’m suggesting, it adds an RP reason as to why they would have cameras. Finally, though it’s a little stretch, cyber thief should also have the ability to spawn in cameras as, after all, he is a cyber thief. Most people play as cyber thief because they disregard the Franklin class, which is better in every single way. It would at least give players who know the difference between the two and pick Franklin over the cyber thief more of a flexible play style. They can play aggressively with Franklin, his knife and climb swep, or they could play as cyber thief, a more defensive class with options on base security, allowing them to monitor their printers and raids. These suggestions are all simply food for thought, and do have some flaws. But I believe adding the cameras back would be beneficial, but need restrictions. 

+1, but restrictions need to be applied.

• 300 IQ 2

Putting this out there but why not make cameras not in tools in the Q menu but what about in entities like for ammo and shit? Having to set up a few cams for like 100/200 $ per cam and a monitor for 1,000 this way you can't abuse it as much and you can set rules stating these cams can only be put in someones base and not abused like the ones in the past were.

I recommend a way around taking cams away and setting them as donator.  For players who like basing more then raiding like to be able to keep tabs on printers they have like a gun store owner or someone who likes being in the back of the base while being able to see his front door for raiders or as a dealer it would be costumers but since there are no cams its mostly coming down to playing with friends as not many will base knowing they can't see whats going on in there base which pulls people closer and closer to there printers so they can be close to protect there profits which i understand fully.

Am -1 for cams to be donator but am +1ing to keep cams in some way and i would hate for the sever to lose something that many players find useful. I suppose to sum my opinion it would be -0 as am for and against certain things about this like cams shouldn't be abused but also are very useful for store owners and raiders alike or just for common players.

Edited by gambler01dyer
On 2/19/2019 at 10:42 AM, gambler01dyer said:

Putting this out there but why not make cameras not in tools in the Q menu but what about in entities like for ammo and shit? Having to set up a few cams for like 100/200 $ per cam and a monitor for 1,000 this way you can't abuse it as much and you can set rules stating these cams can only be put in someones base and not abused like the ones in the past were.

I recommend a way around taking cams away and setting them as donator.  For players who like basing more then raiding like to be able to keep tabs on printers they have like a gun store owner or someone who likes being in the back of the base while being able to see his front door for raiders or as a dealer it would be costumers but since there are no cams its mostly coming down to playing with friends as not many will base knowing they can't see whats going on in there base which pulls people closer and closer to there printers so they can be close to protect there profits which i understand fully.

Am -1 for cams to be donator but am +1ing to keep cams in some way and i would hate for the sever to lose something that many players find useful. I suppose to sum my opinion it would be -0 as am for and against certain things about this like cams shouldn't be abused but also are very useful for store owners and raiders alike or just for common players.

Are you becoming a DRP main?

• Like 1