Dear Marines/MARSOC

27 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

Keep up the good work MARSOC/Officers. It's not our concern to be "nice" in relations to RP, it's to continue to lead the best and longest running entry faction.

I'm not saying you need to be "nice" and constantly suck up to your enlisted, I'm saying that you need to stop being such a dick to everyone around you. There's a difference between RP and actual disrespect. Remember, this is a game there's no need to act like your high and mighty on a Gmod MilitaryRP server. Even if it is RP, you need to learn to be respectful and not such a dick, it makes people not want to play.

I have 4 people in my officers page, so just do us all a favor and stop dancing around.

Sorry, I don't know the exact amount of your officers but again most of them do act like this, I don't see how that changes.

Want to know why 1MD grows to insane numbers, it's because I don't treat them like the children they probably are.

I can guarantee you that isn't why you have more numbers than Army, and I don't know why you're bringing this up in the first place as it has nothing to do with the disrespect you have with your enlisted/army's enlisted. You aren't just disrespecting your own enlisted, you do it to Army as well. Just because one doesn't cuss and swear at players doesn't mean you're treating them like children, your treating them with RESPECT.

It's a game. That is RP. If this is your style of play so be it, but everyone knows I'm usually joking when I treat them "disrespectfully". The "poor 12-16 year olds" that choose to continue to play the server, and even engage with me. Yes, victimizing the player will definitely make you look like a super hero. 

Again, there's a difference between roleplaying and just being a disrespectful person towards others. If you can't see that then so I be it I can't be the one to change your actions in game, I just brought this up because I hoped you would see where I'm coming from. You think people agree with you but from what I've seen so far people have mixed opinions of you. I'm not victimizing anyone, I'm just saying the demographic of who plays on the server. They engage with you because you are their leader, so obviously they are going to follow you even if you are disrespectful. That's not to say people leave because they don't like you, I talk to people all the time that say they leave the marines because they don't like the disrespect. Disrespecting people may be your play style, but I can tell you most people rather not want to be screamed at over mic because of a game.

Ethan has a decent way to manage his factions, however, it has it's flaws. It's not for everyone. It might be very efficient, but it is hands down probably the most boring experience anyone can go through. Might have something to do with the fact that he can't find anyone to stick around for very long. While some people might prefer running a faction "professionally and nice", I prefer the route of having fun, talking meaningless shit, and fucking shit up in war.

Yeah, you are correct. I talked with Gildarts about it after I posted this thread. When I mentioned him I was mainly talking about how he was a role model and a teacher to the newer recruits and how he doesn't blow out their fucking head because they talked out of PTS. There's nothing wrong with some banter, but when you constantly have this disrespectful tone you come off as a person no one wants to hang around with. And when you disrespect people that don't really know you (me for example), how are they supposed to know your "kidding"? Usually when someone gets insulted at they don't take it as a joke. Maybe in the future you should be careful on who you shittalk against.

Weird, so the entry faction with probably the most number of people 90% of the time is being accused of having people leaving. Completely illogical.

Just because you have numbers doesn't mean people like you or your officers. Army has a weak point when it comes to recruiting new players, and that's something that needs to be addressed but has nothing to do with this situation. Most of the people that are on marines are new players that usually leave the server/faction. Hell most of them don't even know who you are because they don't play that long. Point is there are different factors of why marines have more numbers than army, and implying that this has anything to do with that is completely stupid. People leave your faction, they don't stay it's just that you recruit more than army does.

Honestly, I thought this shit was pretty funny. It was in a roleplay situation where a 2ndLt butter bar critiqued an O-10. I think you're pushing your victim complex onto everyone else. If something Is "in character" aka "not ooc", it is to be taken into roleplay. If you wan't to cry about me saying something mean to you in character, please, go ahead.

First of all, I'm not a "butter-bar". I was a higher rank than you at a time so don't say I don't know what I'm talking about. I understand that I am second lieutenant reserve but I still feel like my word has some effect when it comes to leading a faction. The fact that you can't handle my criticism shows that you're either prone to criticism or just incompetent. Secondly, as far as I know PM's are OOC, so it technically it wasn't in character of me to say that. You say that i'm pushing my "victim complex" when in reality I'm just showing proof of your disrespect/narcissism. I'm not crying, I'm addressing something that I believe is an issue. You're taking this "Military Officer man" roleplay way too seriously if you think that is what it is.

If you don't want to listen to my suggestions then fine, I'm not one to force you. But just know that you aren't fun to play with when you're disrespecting people but you are fun to play with when you are not being a dick.

• 300 IQ 3
3 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

I'm not saying you need to be "nice" and constantly suck up to your enlisted, I'm saying that you need to stop being such a dick to everyone around you. There's a difference between RP and actual disrespect. Remember, this is a game there's no need to act like your high and mighty on a Gmod MilitaryRP server. Even if it is RP, you need to learn to be respectful and not such a dick, it makes people not want to play.

Sorry, I don't know the exact amount of your officers but again most of them do act like this, I don't see how that changes.

I can guarantee you that isn't why you have more numbers than Army, and I don't know why you're bringing this up in the first place as it has nothing to do with the disrespect you have with your enlisted/army's enlisted. You aren't just disrespecting your own enlisted, you do it to Army as well. Just because one doesn't cuss and swear at players doesn't mean you're treating them like children, your treating them with RESPECT.

Again, there's a difference between roleplaying and just being a disrespectful person towards others. If you can't see that then so I be it I can't be the one to change your actions in game, I just brought this up because I hoped you would see where I'm coming from. You think people agree with you but from what I've seen so far people have mixed opinions of you. I'm not victimizing anyone, I'm just saying the demographic of who plays on the server. They engage with you because you are their leader, so obviously they are going to follow you even if you are disrespectful. That's not to say people leave because they don't like you, I talk to people all the time that say they leave the marines because they don't like the disrespect. Disrespecting people may be your play style, but I can tell you most people rather not want to be screamed at over mic because of a game.

Yeah, you are correct. I talked with Gildarts about it after I posted this thread. When I mentioned him I was mainly talking about how he was a role model and a teacher to the newer recruits and how he doesn't blow out their fucking head because they talked out of PTS. There's nothing wrong with some banter, but when you constantly have this disrespectful tone you come off as a person no one wants to hang around with. And when you disrespect people that don't really know you (me for example), how are they supposed to know your "kidding"? Usually when someone gets insulted at they don't take it as a joke. Maybe in the future you should be careful on who you shittalk against.

Just because you have numbers doesn't mean people like you or your officers. Army has a weak point when it comes to recruiting new players, and that's something that needs to be addressed but has nothing to do with this situation. Most of the people that are on marines are new players that usually leave the server/faction. Hell most of them don't even know who you are because they don't play that long. Point is there are different factors of why marines have more numbers than army, and implying that this has anything to do with that is completely stupid. People leave your faction, they don't stay it's just that you recruit more than army does.

First of all, I'm not a "butter-bar". I was a higher rank than you at a time so don't say I don't know what I'm talking about. I understand that I am second lieutenant reserve but I still feel like my word has some effect when it comes to leading a faction. The fact that you can't handle my criticism shows that you're either prone to criticism or just incompetent. Secondly, as far as I know PM's are OOC, so it technically it wasn't in character of me to say that. You say that i'm pushing my "victim complex" when in reality I'm just showing proof of your disrespect/narcissism. I'm not crying, I'm addressing something that I believe is an issue. You're taking this "Military Officer man" roleplay way too seriously if you think that is what it is.

If you don't want to listen to my suggestions then fine, I'm not one to force you. But just know that you aren't fun to play with when you're disrespecting people but you are fun to play with when you are not being a dick.

So instead of talking to Gotham 1 on 1, you instead bring this up in public which kinda makes you look ridiculous as a former general.

• 300 IQ 2
  • Spicy 1
  • Winner 1
2 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

So instead of talking to Gotham 1 on 1, you instead bring this up in public which kinda makes you look ridiculous as a former general.

I don't see how that makes me look ridiculous as a former general, but if it does then whatever I could care less. I'm just speaking what I think is best for the server and the course of action i think we should take to fix these issues. If you call that ridiculous just because I did it in "public" then whatever. These are PUBLIC issues, I don't see why I would need to bring these up in private. Even if I did, I doubt he would have listened because judging from this and past experiences it doesn't look like he's keen to criticism. But hey, at least people know now.

4 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

So so far, we have 1 2ndLtR calling me and my officers big meanies, and we have vagabond calling me a meanie that he still loves. Okay, I will measure this accordingly

If you want to dumb it down instead of listening to what I have to say, then sure. if you want to be a "big meanie" towards people then go ahead, again I can't stop you. This was a rant for me to get my feelings and opinions out, I didn't really think anything would change. Have fun leading a faction where your enlisted hate you.

4 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Yo it's a garrys mod server

tru u right. I don't really care though I had to say what I had to say lol.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
Just now, {GG}otham said:

I will proceed with more caution when it comes to 11B, but in terms of marines and MARSOC, I will proceed with how I see fit.

I can agree with that, I guess it wasn't in my place to tell you how to run your faction, and I'm sorry for that. That's kind of the solution I wanted anyways, I just didn't word my argument right or something. As long as you proceed with caution with other factions then I'm fine with it.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 2

There is definitely room for improvement in our Officers and Enlisted. I have already talked to Gotham and a few officers about how we need to change. At the end of the day this is a Garry's Mod server but also a Role-Playing Game so balancing the two whilst having many different opinions on which way we should lean (serious or semi serious) it can drive people a bit crazy at times. But unless crazy terrible things are going down, Just let the Gen run the faction how they run it.

• Friendly 1