Dear Marines/MARSOC

18 hours ago, Lust | TGN said:

A while ago I swear the new CSD desert just came out and it’s not my video lol

it happened 1 week ago but still applies to this topic

That video is not related to this at all in the context of the full post. What was said in the video is very honestly meant towards one person (not Gotham, or Marine/MARSOC officers) and was definitely not the way that should have been handled in my opinion, and steps past were already taken as an apology and to better understand the situation.

In honesty I do agree with PrisonNightmare. US needs to step it up and teach enlisted how to play on our MRP. I'm gathering a set of things that GB can teach to enlisted in terms of combat and tryouts, so I think I'm definitely going to push for GB to start being more responsible in the same sense - where people learn by a semi-strict system instead of just being killed for breaking PTS, as an example. Discipline isn't the only thing that gets you respect. But then I also believe that those types of decisions should be up to the host of the briefing, because in all fairness when US is in the briefing hall and its properly claimed it is implied that it is KOS to interruptions and breaking PTS counts as a definite interruption.

I know this topic has died down a bit and the situation was resolved but I was unable to respond yesterday and decided to today, especially after seeing @Lust | TGN's post of a video from GB with mistaken context.

• Winner 1
52 minutes ago, Fier said:

That video is not related to this at all in the context of the full post. What was said in the video is very honestly meant towards one person (not Gotham, or Marine/MARSOC officers) and was definitely not the way that should have been handled in my opinion, and steps past were already taken as an apology and to better understand the situation.

In honesty I do agree with PrisonNightmare. US needs to step it up and teach enlisted how to play on our MRP. I'm gathering a set of things that GB can teach to enlisted in terms of combat and tryouts, so I think I'm definitely going to push for GB to start being more responsible in the same sense - where people learn by a semi-strict system instead of just being killed for breaking PTS, as an example. Discipline isn't the only thing that gets you respect. But then I also believe that those types of decisions should be up to the host of the briefing, because in all fairness when US is in the briefing hall and its properly claimed it is implied that it is KOS to interruptions and breaking PTS counts as a definite interruption.

I know this topic has died down a bit and the situation was resolved but I was unable to respond yesterday and decided to today, especially after seeing @Lust | TGN's post of a video from GB with mistaken context.

I think you completely understand what that video shows, but the topic has died down so I’m just end it there

Edited by Lust | TGN

This is something I noticed myself at fault in the past. I always tried to maintain discipline and order within the faction but sometimes I went to far. Its all about balancing RP and making fun gameplay. Marines have some excellent officers in the ranks that are capable of ensuring high expectations are met throughout the ranks. Can't really add more to this conversation more, but glad a conclusion was met.

• Winner 1
On 2/23/2019 at 8:37 PM, {GG}otham said:

Keep up the good work MARSOC/Officers. It's not our concern to be "nice" in relations to RP, it's to continue to lead the best and longest running entry faction.

IMO, I believe that saying "best" is extremely subjective, and as you're the leader of the faction you might have some bias there. Also, I think that most of the entry factions in US were created at the same time so I don't see how "longest" is a valid point. From this sentence alone you proved Prison's point, and the fact you came at him so aggressively on this post shows your ego overpowers your decision making.

• Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Winner 2
3 hours ago, Stone said:

IMO, I believe that saying "best" is extremely subjective, and as you're the leader of the faction you might have some bias there. Also, I think that most of the entry factions in US were created at the same time so I don't see how "longest" is a valid point. From this sentence alone you proved Prison's point, and the fact you came at him so aggressively on this post shows your ego overpowers your decision making.

Thank you for your input on a topic that was resolved between the 2 factions more than a week ago

50 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

Thank you for your input on a topic that was resolved between the 2 factions more than a week ago

If you wanna consider this resolved then fine, I kind of wanted to just let this post die to be honest because I don't plan on playing US anymore for the foreseeable future (and I'm sure you can guess why that is). Most of my points still stand, although in general from what I've seen you yourself have gotten better with how you talk to people in other factions. Can't say the same about some others though on the US side.

I wish you good luck with running MARSOC/Marines.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1

Over the years there has always been set toxic players on the server. Usually you can easily identify them by behaviors such as,

only playing with a certain group,

avoiding communication in faction based channels,

hated by a certain group but loved by others, being smart while also being partially or seriously arrogant,

dedicating most of their time to the server(weird one I know) which leads to a form of tunnel vision,

Blow off legitment thoughts of others with jokes or memes, or any form or apathy,

and getting away with certain acts later in time such as protecting a lower rank from punishments. 

Thats not saying if you've done one of these things it makes you toxic scum, but there is correlation in these acts. If you want I can give you a list in pms or something, but I'm not going to go out of my way to name people who have fit this category, or do currently fit it. Since I only play a little now, and im not as in the loop.

This is mostly a follow up to what bread has said.

Edited by Dillan
Didn't feel right
  • 300 IQ 2
1 hour ago, PrisonNightmare said:

Most of my points still stand, although in general from what I've seen you yourself have gotten better with how you talk to people in other factions. Can't say the same about some others though on the US side.

It is not within my power to control how everybody treats each other. I can only control my own actions. And I considered it resolved seeing how I've sat in with @Chris Branch (You know, the leader of 11B) a few times about this very topic and how we can take steps to "mending" what I personally believe to be a mostly exaggerated divide between the two factions. 

Edited by {GG}otham
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

It is not within my power to control how everybody treats each other. I can only control my own actions. And I considered it resolved seeing how I've sat in with @Chris Branch (You know, the leader of 11B) a few times about this very topic and how we can take steps to "mending" what I personally believe to be a mostly exaggerated divide between the two factions. 

So you can't control how your officers act in debriefs or just in general? I don't really see what 11B has to do with any of this, as this forum post was made from my personal quarrels I have with the Marines/MARSOC side and others in the US in general. I don't represent 11B really in any way, nor have I to my knowledge said I have in the past. Other officers in the Army may not side with my opinion, so I really can't speak for them. I'm happy that you're trying to "mend" relations with Army I guess, but I don't see what that has to do with the OP. This is what I requested should be fixed/implemented to the US to overall increase the "atmosphere" in the side.

• We need to start teaching our enlisted more about the server as they play and build/improve our relations with them in general
  • We need to stop minging in US Debrief and killing each other for fun in front of the enlisted while US DB is active
  • We need to stop killing enlisted for talking out of PTS and instead teach them the correct ways to go into after war/pre war DB
  • We need to able to take criticism more maturely and use the criticism we do get to improve our factions for the sake of the United States side of the server.

I am speaking from my personal experiences with the Marines/MARSOC officers, and what I think needs to change from them. Army has nothing to do with the OP. Again it isn't in my place to tell you how to run your faction, but please just take a look at the suggestions above and try to implement them to the best of your ability. If you don't think anything needs to change then so be it, I'll just continue to play on RU. These, again, are just my opinions on what desperately needs to change within the US side and how marines are affecting it.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
19 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

So you can't control how your officers act in debriefs or just in general? 

I can't control how my officers treat or act in db if i'm not present. Furthermore, I can't control how they act when people would rather create a wide span temper tantrum about it without talking or reporting any misconduct to me. Before this post I had not received any word about my officers acting up. If you're under the impression i'm going to blindly take your word for it instead of actually coming to me about individual circumstances, you are very wrong. My better judgement is telling me to ignore this whole post because throughout the whole time it's been active, you haven't cited any of my officers specifically doing anything wrong.

We need to start teaching our enlisted more about the server as they play and build/improve our relations with them in general

I don't think this is a problem with marines. Beyond tryouts, 1MD do both friendly and informational sims together in TS almost daily. Something you wouldn't know much about because I hardly see you on anymore. And you keep saying "We", but as long as the title of this post is "To Marines and MARSOC", i'm going to continue replying as if you're are directly talking about the problems of 1MD.

We need to stop minging in US Debrief and killing each other for fun in front of the enlisted while US DB is active

This almost never happens when I'm  around. If you're trying to make the claim that my officers dick around in my absense, show me proof, or come to me 1 on 1. Otherwise, as previously stated, i'm not going to take your general statement backed by no examples or evidence seriously.

We need to stop killing enlisted for talking out of PTS and instead teach them the correct ways to go into after war/pre war DB

This is entirely situational. If there is time to kill, sure, maybe correct them without killing them. However, assuming that 11B goes through the same training 1MD does, PTS being active in DB is like the 4th thing they learn. And if there is 3 minutes left before war and people are minging and micspamming in DB, you best believe I'll the the first to put a bullet in their head.

We need to able to take criticism more maturely and use the criticism we do get to improve our factions for the sake of the United States side of the server.

We need to be more mature with how we express criticism. You've taken a lot of thought into making this post. However, removing all the filler, you've just made a lot of baseless claims directed at a faction. Most of this stuff could have been settled via talking 1 on 1, but you having the taste of dramatic decided to fill up a whole paragraph of baseless claims. Example, the whole "comms thing".

"Hey Gotham, I don't know if you were joking or not, but for future reference if you could not do that, that's cool"

"Hey Gotham, while you werent around, your officers were rdming eachother in DB, here's screen shots"

"Hey Gotham, i've noticed your faction has little patience with people breaking PTS, maybe we should try and train them in a different manner"

A whole shit show avoided by a maximum of 3 PM's wow. But instead you decided that this was the best call.

Edited by {GG}otham
  • 300 IQ 2
8 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

I can't control how my officers treat or act in db if i'm not present. Furthermore, I can't control how they act when people would rather create a wide span temper tantrum about it without talking or reporting any misconduct to me. Before this post I had not received any word about my officers acting up. If you're under the impression i'm going to blindly take your word for it instead of actually coming to me about individual circumstances, you are very wrong. My better judgement is telling me to ignore this whole post because throughout the whole time it's been active, you haven't cited any of my officers specifically doing anything wrong.

I don't think this is a problem with marines. Beyond tryouts, 1MD do both friendly and informational sims together in TC almost daily. Something you wouldn't know much about because I hardly see you on anymore. And you keep saying "We", but as long as the title of this post is "To Marines and MARSOC", i'm going to continue replying as if you're are directly talking about the problems of 1MD.

This almost never happens when I'm not around. If you're trying to make the claim that my officers dick around in my absense, show me proof, or come to me 1 on 1. Otherwise, as previously stated, i'm not going to take your general statement backed by no examples or evidence seriously.

This is entirely situational. If there is time to kill, sure, maybe correct them without killing them. However, assuming that 11B goes through the same training 1MD does, PTS being active in DB is like the 4th thing they learn. And if there is 3 minutes left before war and people are minging and micspamming in DB, you best believe I'll the the first to put a bullet in their head.

We need to be more mature with how we express criticism. You've taken a lot of thought into making this post. However, removing all the filler, you've just made a lot of baseless claims directed at a faction. Most of this stuff could have been settled via talking 1 on 1, but you having the taste of dramatic decided to fill up a whole paragraph of baseless claims. Example, the whole "comms thing".

"Hey Gotham, I don't know if you were joking or not, but for future reference if you could not do that, that's cool"

"Hey Gotham, while you werent around, your officers were rdming eachother in DB, here's screen shots"

"Hey Gotham, i've noticed your faction has little patience with people breaking PTS, maybe we should try and train them in a different manner"

A whole shit show avoided by a maximum of 3 PM's wow. But instead you decided that this was the best call.

Again, I wrote this back when I was active in the US, I am no longer a US main so I don't know how much has changed since I left. You're right about I should have PM'd you first before I wrote this, and I'm sorry for that. At the time when I wrote this I was so pissed off at the current state of things I jumped the gun and wrote it. As for not mentioning officer names, I didn't because I didn't really want to call out people in specifics other than you (The leader of 1MD/MARSOC). When I wrote the OP I wanted it to be more of a rant than an actual full blown suggestion, but I guess I did a pretty bad job at doing that huh.

As for killing an enlisted during DB, I still don't believe that is the proper course of action. You should either honestly call an admin to deal with it if it's that severe or implement some sort of RP to the situation, not just fucking blow their heads off. Again, just my opinion. It doesn't take long to just report the dude typically, and if you're having DB that close to war there's a problem in the first place. If it's that close tell one of your officers to deal with him and A. Report them, or B. Make an RP situation out of it.

As for the comms thing, to me it seemed like you are actually acting that way towards me. Typically when you give a suggestion to someone they don't go off on you like the way you did to me, how was I supposed to know it was a joke? I barely even know you so for you to assume that I would know it was a joke is kind of dumb. I asked you in PM's (which is OOC chat technically) to refrain from prolonging DB by having your "own separate DB" while I was trying to host US DB, and you started to go off on me in a public chat.

To be honest I kind of want to just put this into the past, as all this post was to me was releasing some anger I had towards your factions/US in general, I never really wanted it to go THIS far, I expected some debating but not a full out argument like it turned out to be lol. This will probably be my last response to this thread. You're correct I should have PM'd you first with proof about specifics in your faction and I'm sorry for that, but I don't regret my decision to make this post in general public, as I believe it still brings out a lot of problems the US in general has. 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1