Extension to pre-war DB KOS

Lex_

3 hours ago, Vibe said:

How is that exploiting? Literally, just go the other side of DB or hold it in the open or wait and think about the warplane and just say it at two minutes. It shouldn't take you more than two minutes to say the warplane. -1

3 hours ago, Upland said:

Easy fix: dont say your warplan it untill the two min mark.

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

Lol just wait until the two minute mark for the crucial part of the DB -1 

You're not wrong that we could just wait until the 2 minute mark. But with a high population online how could this be an effective solution? We shouldn't have to move our debrief or wait until 2 minutes to start sharing a plan, especially because entry factions are very honestly bad listeners regardless of the officer(s). What if more planning is required? Are we going to sit in debrief with 30 seconds left to war splitting up an entry? There is honestly a reason briefings are called ~10 minutes to war, and there is a reason PTLs are revoked ~15 minutes to war. It's not as simple as just saying: "go here and here" because often times high population wars don't go that way. And whats wrong with literally following the KOS? Why would it not make sense that if you're in voice range of the US DB that you can get killed because as adverts state it is KOS to unauthorized? I'm not saying its an exploit but there is literally nothing we can do except brief at the 2 minute mark - in which most SOCs and entry factions leave the briefing without being dismissed because they want to get ready for war.

• Like 1
Just now, Upland said:

because thats what we used before even with the server totally full

If I recall from my time before cscdesert_v2 swapped to Chariharikar I've never seen anyone collect the warplan by sitting outside of base. In fact, I've never seen anybody snatch the radio from outside of base. Afghan used to sneak into the base and hide in between the sandbag wall and the briefing hall building to grab the radio. This is the first time I've ever seen somebody sit outside of base to grab in character information without the opposing force being able to stop them while also in character.

At least add the cease and disperse. That would be a solution to this rather than extending the KOS to listeners (even though that makes the most sense)

Just now, Fier said:

If I recall from my time before cscdesert_v2 swapped to Chariharikar I've never seen anyone collect the warplan by sitting outside of base. In fact, I've never seen anybody snatch the radio from outside of base.

Funny you say that, since I have seen both be used more than few time during csdesert_v2 (but tbf I think i bitched about it then but eh).

Anyways again this issue seems to be something that has already been given a easy simple solution that works 100% of the time.

7 minutes ago, Upland said:

Anyways again this issue seems to be something that has already been given a easy simple solution that works 100% of the time.

Isn't one of the concerns on MRP that there should be a balance of roleplay and the gameplay that everyone loves? This and the "cease and disperse" comms message adds roleplay. It makes it harder to grab that information and allows that to be stopped without waiting until the pre-cap mark. It also makes sense with the idea of having certain people patrolling. I'm not saying the solution you're claiming is the best isn't valid because it is, but it shouldn't be the one and only. It isn't that difficult to allow killing people within voice range. It doesn't change gameplay. It adds roleplay. This could be changed to instead of being KOS that they have to be warned first and if they report for RDM they need a video that shows they didn't get a warning [which is why the cease and disperse comms message is easier to manage].

Edited by Fier
  • Like 2
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
2 hours ago, Fier said:

You're not wrong that we could just wait until the 2 minute mark. But with a high population online how could this be an effective solution? We shouldn't have to move our debrief or wait until 2 minutes to start sharing a plan, especially because entry factions are very honestly bad listeners regardless of the officer(s). What if more planning is required? Are we going to sit in debrief with 30 seconds left to war splitting up an entry? There is honestly a reason briefings are called ~10 minutes to war, and there is a reason PTLs are revoked ~15 minutes to war. It's not as simple as just saying: "go here and here" because often times high population wars don't go that way. And whats wrong with literally following the KOS? Why would it not make sense that if you're in voice range of the US DB that you can get killed because as adverts state it is KOS to unauthorized? I'm not saying its an exploit but there is literally nothing we can do except brief at the 2 minute mark - in which most SOCs and entry factions leave the briefing without being dismissed because they want to get ready for war.

I understand what you're saying, but there's an easy solution. Just divide up the men into their groups, assign leaders for those groups to make sure the Enlisted have someone to remind them of their plan as they play and keep them in line, and then tell the group leaders where they are taking their groups once the 2 minute mark hits and there are no pre-cappers. Don't sit there and waste time of course. Just call it at around 10 minutes, give about 3 minutes to collect all forces, maybe less, then organize the base factions into their groups, then you can tell the Special Forces groups where they are going by telling them in radio, or to be more secure to stop a PVT shouting it out, tell the SF faction leader in a PM/on TS.

There are many ways to avoid this issue, and it is much easier to do this for now until the possibility that "Cease and Disperse" is added, or the map is changed. Just making those that can hear the plan KOS would be interesting, but not needed at the moment, since this map isn't permanent.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:38 PM, OpTic Gunner said:

Extend it and make people watch it  but I think people should  watch it overall 

Whether or not people patrol you still can't deal with it. Are you just going to say hey guys there's RU outside and stare at him? Nah that's why this post is here. I would recommend along the lines of ethans map idea post that we make a proximity kos. For example /comms Attention all non-US personal. If you are found within 10 ft of the US base you are now KOS. Something like that.

• 2 months later...