Remove or revert 3rd person

{GG}otham

I'm suggesting that we completely remove 3rd person. If that's not possible, to revert it back to how it was.

The update was to prevent people from abusing it by headglitching with 3rd person, but it has done the opposite of that. I'd argue that it actually made 3rd person sniping stronger seeing how anyone out in the open doesn't even have a chance with the current system.

Keep in mind my video only depicts the general idea. There are ways that I'd rather not disclose publicly(even though I know a shit ton of people already do) to be able to sprint, or completely disregard the fix entirely.

If you have any clips relating to this, feel free to post them under the OP, or send them to me and I'll imbed them. 

• Like 3
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

This video shows that you can still aim in third person. Not only can you just aim in third person but you can run around while holding right click and completely bypass the first person switch time and abuse this during war, if done the correct way. With the current map (CSDesert) the whole terrain is mountains, and flat lands, and the first team to push up onto a ridge and hold it wins. Either way their will be head glitching. It does not matter if the game is strictly third person or first person. Personally I would like it to be reverted back into the old third person settings. This way people that play in third person play in third person and the people that play in first play in first person.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

There has already been a post regarding third person abuse by kat here. 

Unfortunately, there is no workaround fix for this in the current state of this update as stated by Garnet himself. I would see that you would want it to be removed which might fix the whole head glitching issue going on but most players love having third-person on the server which can cause an uproar in the community. But if there was a revert then we're back to square one and still have to face people head glitching. I get why you want to make a suggestion but to be honest third-person is a controversial topic where you make all the post about you want but it's a topic that might never end to a conclusion.

• Informative 2
1 hour ago, Jasmin said:

Unfortunately, there is no workaround fix for this in the current state of this update as stated by Garnet himself. I would see that you would want it to be removed which might fix the whole head glitching issue going on but most players love having third-person on the server which can cause an uproar in the community. But if there was a revert then we're back to square one and still have to face people head glitching. I get why you want to make a suggestion but to be honest third-person is a controversial topic where you make all the post about you want but it's a topic that might never end to a conclusion.

That suggestion is for fixing the 3rd person exploit to which Garnet said there is no work around. The only think I disagree with Garnet is that it's an improvement. This suggestion is for either, as read in the name, "removal or reverting it back"

Just now, {GG}otham said:

That suggestion is for fixing the 3rd person exploit to which Garnet said there is no work around. The only think I disagree with Garnet is that it's an improvement. This suggestion is for either, as read in the name, "removal or reverting it back"

And what kind of improvement is that for that glitch then?

Edited by Jasmin2nd
3 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

And what kind of improvement is that for that glitch then?

Reverting it makes it a ore even battleground seeing how everyone can do it, complete removal makes it to where no one can do it. ResidentSleeper

Edited by {GG}otham

+1 to its ultimate removal.

Honestly third person if used the "legit" way is completely useless in general from what I've seen. I've only been on the server once since the update so I might be wrong but when I've used it, it didn't really serve any purpose. Plus, now that it can be used to get an unfair advantage I think it should just be removed in general.

Why don't I think it should be reverted? Well, I think it's more fun to PVP against people using first-person mode only, it makes everything a lot more challenging to do and it feels more "Fair" in general. Again, I haven't been able to play much at all recently but from I've played I think it's better just having first person only, rather than having third person as well.

• Friendly 1

+1 to the removal.

It quite simply causes a lot of problems, and it is possible to snipe without it.

Besides, this is an RP server, and I haven't tried but I'm not entirely sure that I can see around walls...

Anyways, best thing to do is to see what will happen to this. Let's hope Garnet finds a good fix for this!

+1 for Removal of Third Person

While an Invaluable tool if used properly, It only encourages cheap playstyles and results in (near) perfect coverage.
Without it, You'll have to use your ears instead of Eyes, which I think is definitely a doable thing. 
Even the playing field for all players. Not just those who know how to use Third person to their advantage.
It should be up to skill, not cheekiness.

• 2 weeks later...