Range Finder Addition

Homast

Description: A text box, just under the compass, that tells you the range of any target (in Meters) that your Crosshair points at, up to a Value of 1000 Meters.(Because Orsis Max Range is Over 600, Idk about the other Snipers though) 

Reasoning: The reason I would suggest adding this is to help calculate the damage dropoff on weapons that we use for CW 2.0.

Also it would help with more accurate Callouts in terms of War, and could be used in Tryouts to more accurately gauge a players accurate distance in tryouts.

Additional Information:  Colour should be about 2 shades Darker than the current dolour that is used for Degrees on the compass, Or near this colours Hex code #2c3e50

I would post the code for it, but I don't know the lua language at all. 
Here are some examples Of how I think it should look generally

In Light:

4lWFOSo.png

Against a Medium lit Surface:

b3RrK7d.png

With Very little/No Light:

pS0xRjd.png

Edited by Homast
Guest Gildarts

Neutral I think it is kinda useless, it is not really needed since no bullet drop. Also the statement on,

5 minutes ago, Homast said:

The reason I would suggest adding this is to help calculate the damage dropoff on weapons that we use for CW 2.0.

Damage Dropoff is minuscule at most since people are getting sniped with pistols.

5 minutes ago, Homast said:

Also it would help with more accurate Callouts

Not really unless they are standing directly with you they will be at different metering and direction.

Overall I don't see this being useful for our server by almost any means.

2 hours ago, Im Dream said:

I suggest you just put a black/darker grey rectangle behind it or just add a black outline if the text is white. I also suggest that it should be the same with the ammo count and the compass.

That's a Valid point. Darker Rectangle behind would be Nice to contrast it from the Lighter areas

• Like 1