Br0ken
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): 
STEAM_0:0:166172189
Date & Time of incident: 
5/6/19 8:23 PM 
Timezone: EST
Warn Reason: 
"RDM"
What happened? (include any proof): Held a DB in WarRoom (Claimed) with GB/Raiding members - O-1 called raid - I killed someone and got warned? 
Why should your warn be removed?:

rc1Mf7k.png

I targeted someone in the base, raid was called by O-1, and we hosted a briefing prior to our raid - We adverted raid, I used 1 life, And we did not last longer than 5 minutes, and it was more than 45 minutes+ after a previous raid. So that's all the rules followed. There isn't a Raid Rule Update thread in Admin either. 

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Community Director
46 minutes ago, Ting said:

There is CLEAR proof that this was RDM. Honestly just be lucky you didn’t get banned for accidental mass because the damage logs reset. -1

Damage logs DIDN'T reset (Those are kill logs) - I only got 1 kill lmao. I killed someone in a RAID.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Community Director
11 minutes ago, br0ken- said:

The thing is the raid was invalid, That's why it's RDM.

I was told to appeal by 3 people - that's what I'm doing, Chris, Ethan, You, Watson, and 1 other staff all have different interpretations of the rule that doesn't exist - hence why I was told to appeal. I'm not trying to argue on a thread - I got 1 kill in a raid, if it was a false raid someone should have falsed it. We held a DB in warroom which you show in logs that we did claim Warroom. To a couple staff, that is abiding the rules, so I'm hoping by appealing we can get a definite answer and the rules in the F1 Menu can be updated accordingly. 

Edited by AlexConway
30 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

Damage logs DIDN'T reset (Those are kill logs) - I only got 1 kill lmao. I killed someone in a RAID.

Btw I was talking to Br0ken and Ethan about this in staff chat and br0ken had told Ethan what he should do because the damage logs had reset. Ethan has told him to just warn for RDM because that all we had proof of. 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Community Director
Just now, Ting said:

Btw I was talking to Br0ken and Ethan about this in staff chat and br0ken had told Ethan what he should do because the damage logs had reset. Ethan has told him to just warn for RDM because that all we had proof of. 

Okay well then it's not relevant to the discussion, please try to keep the thread on track, thanks. It's an appeal for the warn I got - not the stuff you "thought I had but didn't have proof or whatnot" - Like I stated before - the point is to hopefully get some clarification in the F1 rules because right now it doesn't reflect the current rules or whatnot. As br0ken said it would be nice to say it must be adverted or comms to provide clarification. 

• Like 1

I agree, rule should be clarified to state something like this right after it says "host a briefing prior to your raid on the enemy base" it should say "by adverting it or putting a message in COMMS.", so +1 for that addition, and my suggestion was for only the Officer that led the raid to get punished, so I agree your warn should be removed, but if that's the case, the others that got punishments also would have to get theirs removed, which can be done easily, but we'll see if the other staff agree on that verdict or leave the punishments with the updated rule, or neither. I just find it strange to think that the authority in your faction fucking something up causes you to get in trouble when your job is to follow their orders (of course except when it comes to breaking rules, the reason this is an exception is because the rule was a bit too vague).

3 hours ago, Ting said:

I know what you're talking about, but that wasn't for Conway's warn. Kinda confused why you would just toss this out there without knowing the full context of our conversation, especially when br0ken posted earlier the screenshot of Conway's kill.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:48 PM, br0ken- said:

conwayrdm.jpg

This is your kill logs, as you can see you got one kill which resulted in a warn

Here it is for ya @Ting

1 hour ago, PhatPropane said:

-1 it is only an RDM warn it isn't like you got banned.

I understand what you mean, but that's not a very good way to think about things. If that's the case, what's the meaning of warns at all if you can just take em and it won't matter? They still matter, still can be appealed, still should be appealed. People who instantly assume that small appeals/reports like this are purely to get people in trouble (some of them are, I get it, but not all are) are the reason change for the better in terms of rules and clarification happens less often than is should. The rules need to stay short, but adding in five words to prevent entire raids that cause many deaths from being considered "false" because someone didn't know they had to type one thing into the chat.

Other than those small things, what I said at the top of my reply is what I feel about this appeal.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1