In-game name: Prop

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:143841419

Staff members in-game name: AJ

Staff members SteamID (/id (name): He is not online while I am making this

Date & Time of incident: May 16, 2019 at around 1 AM 

Timezone: CST

Warn Reason: Demotion while staff are online

What happened? (include any proof): 

I was basing with Jigggy, and a cop kept false warranting, false arresting, and destroying our printers. I made a report and after about 10 minutes of no reply I sent a few messages in staff chat asking what was going on. When no one responded to me in staff chat, I asked in ooc where all of the staff members went, and someone told me that they were afk and I should /demote the guy instead. Since I did not see any staff handling sits or even talking in OOC, I /demoted the guy, but the vote failed. Minutes later, AJ came back to his computer and claimed my sit. He teleported me and the guy who mass RDA'd, and, after a short look at logs, told me that I would be warned for demoting while staff are online.

download-1.png

download.png

Why should your warn be removed?:

I think it should be removed due to the fact that since AJ was not responding to any sits or messages, I assumed him to be AFK and went on with the demotion vote.

Edited by Prop

Staff are not required to respond in either OOC or in @ Chat

I was on the game, *like I said in the sit and in that screenshot,* but was half asleep. I was handling another situation with a whole other set of people and there isn't always time to respond to the begging and pleading for help in OOC and @ chat

I was the only staff on handling a server full of broken rules and minges, and you can't always be my first priority

You broke rules just like he did and you are going to have to face that consequence

(If you need further proof to see that I was currently active in-game when he began the demotion, you can see my body is just falling in the water and you can see the kill feed at the top)

Z9awQU5.jpg

Edited by _AJ_
  • Dumb/Shitpost 3

I kind of have to side with prop here. If you are the only staff member online and you aren't prioritizing sits by their severity and immidiateness, I believe he had every right to demote that cop. You didn't claim the sit, were RPing instead of claiming sits, and as you said yourself were half asleep. Going to let this sit for a little longer, but I already have a pretty clear verdict in mind.

5 minutes ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

"[OOC] Prop: After 700 hours of playtime ive never been warned once"

yeeet

staff dont have to reply in OOC or @ chat 

how am i supposed to know that staff are online if no staff respond to my messages asking if they are online?