Mikel

In-game name: Mikel
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:6023193
Staff members in-game name:  Ethan Greshnev
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:146463742
Date & Time of incident: 5/21/2019 (time) 1952
Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time
Ban Reason: Accidental RDM
How long were you banned for?: Two weeks (Changed to one day)
Proof of Ban: https://garnetgaming.net/militaryrp/bans/
What happened? (include any proof): Major Watson held a raid but had his binds incorrect an I already chucked a grenade and killed RU in their base.
Why should your ban be removed?: It was an accident I was watching his character not chat he threw a grenade and I followed not realizing till after it landed that he did not call raid Later stating his bindings were incorrect so pretty much I was baited. Never done something like this before was an honest mistake.

Unfortunately Accidental MassRDM bans are very rare to be accepted for appeals, and seeing as you admitted to actually doing the accident I doubt this will be accepted. However, do note that accidental bans aren't taken towards the 3 ban to a perma ban rule, so I'd say rest assured this isn't majorly serious.

-1 though, you did admit to the accidental mass and that is why it is labeled as accidental.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, br0ken- said:

Yeah to be honest usually accidental mass bans occur from mistakes by the person leading the raid, I think for future instances if someone is leading a raid and he fucks up he would be the one to get punished nonetheless or something like that

This. Raid leader should be the one punished if he fucked up the bind for a raid and someone threw a nade not knowing the advert fucked up, imo.

Talked to you in TS about this, and it was very apparent a raid was planned but never called and you got fucked by it. I do think the raid leader should be punished, but as well you did mass rdm and don't think the rules should be bent here. Very unfortunate senario as a whole that shouldn't have happened because of miscommunication and the officer holding the raid was unprepared. -1

3 hours ago, {GG}otham said:

Something should be said about the fact that the people who fuck up the raid can so easily bait innocent players into mass. Accident or not, it is very stupid. Be careful who you follow for a raid.

3 hours ago, br0ken- said:

Yeah to be honest usually accidental mass bans occur from mistakes by the person leading the raid, I think for future instances if someone is leading a raid and he fucks up he would be the one to get punished nonetheless or something like that

1 hour ago, PrisonNightmare said:

This. Raid leader should be the one punished if he fucked up the bind for a raid and someone threw a nade not knowing the advert fucked up, imo.

4 minutes ago, Normal Hooman said:

Talked to you in TS about this, and it was very apparent a raid was planned but never called and you got fucked by it. I do think the raid leader should be punished, but as well you did mass rdm and don't think the rules should be bent here. Very unfortunate senario as a whole that shouldn't have happened because of miscommunication and the officer holding the raid was unprepared. -1

It was a mistake on both parts. The Officer put "US raids RU" instead of "/advert US raids RU", and the Enlisted saw that message in regular chat and failed to realize it wasn't an advert. The Officer went on to kill someone and die, but each person, if reported, was punished for their individual kills. Mikel's, however, was four grenades into the enemy base getting 6 kills. So his was the largest, and was the only one punished with a ban. A situation where I think the raid leader should be punished and not the Enlisted would be if the raid leader didn't advert or COMMS their briefing, but still held the raid. Then that is really the Officers fault, not the Enlisted.

But yeah, he knows he accidentally massed, just gotta wait out the 24 hours like others have for small mistakes like this that can lead to large consequences, -1.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1