New Rule

Yui_

29 minutes ago, Yui_ said:

Well That Player That Destroyed Their Printer Probably Made Tons Of Profit And How Would You Feel If You Raided A Base With 10 Printers just to have them all destroyed you get nothing from your victory only depression and 10 minutes you could of wasted getting a printer you could use

I tend to not make a fuss over a raid in garry's mod. It's really not a big deal. 

-1. I've seen many terrible rules and rule suggestions on DarkRP in my time playing Garry's Mod, and this has to be one of them. The amount of servers that make it FailRP to destroy printers or other valuables while you're being raided or about to be raided is actually quite high and it upsets me. No offense to you, it is a completely understandable situation that you're explaining but there just isn't a point in adding such a rule. It restricts the player's ability to roleplay. I could care less if I raided a base and the printers got destroyed. I'd wait and try again later because after all it is a game and that is possible. Printers and printer upgrades get quite expensive and if someone wants to make the decision of destroying and re-purchasing/upgrading a printer rather than just losing their printer for someone to sell it back or something then oh well, that is completely on them and should have nothing to do with staff.

There are also other things to consider: what happens if somebody unrelated to the base or raid destroys the printer(s)? How do you prove that the owner of the base did or didn't do it? What if the raider does it and then proceeds to report the raid defenders, but no evidence supports the defenders being innocent? What if a printer is accidentally destroyed during a raid by a defender (ricochet, shot through prop)? It in short isn't a simple rule addition if it were even possible to be added.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • 300 IQ 1
53 minutes ago, Fier said:

-1. I've seen many terrible rules and rule suggestions on DarkRP in my time playing Garry's Mod, and this has to be one of them. The amount of servers that make it FailRP to destroy printers or other valuables while you're being raided or about to be raided is actually quite high and it upsets me. No offense to you, it is a completely understandable situation that you're explaining but there just isn't a point in adding such a rule. It restricts the player's ability to roleplay. I could care less if I raided a base and the printers got destroyed. I'd wait and try again later because after all it is a game and that is possible. Printers and printer upgrades get quite expensive and if someone wants to make the decision of destroying and re-purchasing/upgrading a printer rather than just losing their printer for someone to sell it back or something then oh well, that is completely on them and should have nothing to do with staff.

There are also other things to consider: what happens if somebody unrelated to the base or raid destroys the printer(s)? How do you prove that the owner of the base did or didn't do it? What if the raider does it and then proceeds to report the raid defenders, but no evidence supports the defenders being innocent? What if a printer is accidentally destroyed during a raid by a defender (ricochet, shot through prop)? It in short isn't a simple rule addition if it were even possible to be added.

you can check logs to see who destroyed printers and there is no ricochet on the server and there is no way the defender can shoot 1 by accedent if they arnt trying to defend...

+1 I hate when people blow the printers, it is plain spiteful. 
In all reality if they don't want the raiders to take their printers they should have better defences or just steal em back. In the end the people that fail to roleplay win  with unfair terms, adding the rule would probably cause the people that do blow up printers to be upset, but i think many people would be happy with the fact the rule stops time and efforts being wasted. 
Honestly dont think this would turn out badly for the people that actually wonna have a good time on the server. 

+1 I think its pretty scummy in the first place to destroy printers when the raiders are putting time and effort in order to get the printers, I dont really run into this situation alot its just mainly people disconnecting instead but yea this would be a decent rule to be added.

This can easily happen in real life-- thus the meaning of roleplay.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:35 PM, IAMEVOLVE said:

If you were running an illegal operation irl wouldn't you try to hide the evidence when you heard cops bashing in the front door?

On 7/12/2019 at 2:08 AM, Yui_ said:

you can check logs to see who destroyed printers and there is no ricochet on the server and there is no way the defender can shoot 1 by accedent if they arnt trying to defend...

That sounds like a bitch to code as tracking damage on players is finicky enough. I'm sure tracking who shoots non-player objects and for how much would be a bitch. If they really wanted to fuck with you they could bring a printer down to minimum hp and let you destroy them. Stupid rule Fler had a great point 

10 hours ago, Zach-DLC said:

Stupid rule Fler had a great point 

-1 yeah, I agree fler has a good point, if you had drugs irl or something and police came in you'd like flush it down the toilet or something. It's rp to destroy stuff you don't want other people to have .

• DarkRP Administration Team
On 7/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, IAMEVOLVE said:

-1 the whole point of an rp server is to roleplay what it is like to be a criminal or cops, If you were running an illegal operation irl wouldn't you try to hide the evidence when you heard cops bashing in the front door?

Like he said if someone was coming in your house to get your things that you don't want them to find, I bet most people would destroy, but that is my opinion but still it is just rp, so really I see no problem with this not being a rule if they destroy, to bad find another base. And as staff it will be hard to prove if they did or not because they will have to get video proof and take time to upload and screen shots don't have sound so I prefer this not be a rule.

Edited by VX_Bob_The_Builder
On 7/19/2019 at 1:41 PM, CaBZulu said:

-1 if i had a money printer or a meth stove in real life and there was a thief trying to take it at gunpoint i would destroy that shit. 

If Your Being Robbed In Real Life Your Not Gonna Have 4 Doors Blocking Your Stuff If You Want Something Fast Your Just Gonna Kick The Door In And By Then Your Either On The Floor Without Anything To Defend Yourself With Or Your Dead Cuz They Didnt Want Interference With The Robbery

• 1 month later...