[MilRP] Add a RU Equivalent Of The Juggernaut

Ting

On 8/26/2019 at 4:32 PM, Captainswag said:

Now for the Juggernaut, it has a pretty good LMG which outclasses most things at close range, also that 300 hp lets Jugg tank through a good amount of fire, the Barrage would have the same thing, lots of health for tanking damage, and the P90 for demolishing at close range similarly to the Ares Shrike. These classes aren't just for grenades, they are for leading a charge. The addition of this class would make it so both teams can have this ability.

I love the idea of RU getting another tank class that is the equivalent of the Jug but there are a few things I would like a clarification on.

- Why give it a SMG? : The Jug's Ares is a LMG which is obviously more suited for heavy classes and is the equivalent to the PKM, They both have 38 damage and I think the same fire rate (600) but someone can correct me if I am wrong. So why not give this heavy class the PKM as well or another LMG that is the equivalent to the Ares. I feel like a Heavy / Tank class with a SMG goes against the whole idea of it being a Tank while a class that utilizes a SMG is mostly known for being fast and "running & gunning". I have not really gotten to see the P90 up close but if it can truly shred through waves of enemies at close ranges then I do not believe it would be an equivalent to the Ares. This does not only go for the P90 but also the MP40. Yes they both have a 15 smaller base damage but with the fire rates they have the overall DPS would easily outrank the Ares. Even if you go with option 2 to make it a 250 health class and reduce the speed by a smaller amount it would just become a buffed version of the Riot classes at that point, with a SMG instead of a shotgun and even more health. I feel that a LMG that is equal to the Ares will be much more suitable for this class instead of a SMG. 

- Hitboxes / Player Model : I am just having trouble comparing the size of the Jug next to the Recon1 player model so if someone could make a side by side comparison that would be amazing.

Again I am all for the RU getting a new class to equal our Jug but I do not feel that the weapon choice is correct when it comes to the style of the class. Until I see a final verdict on player model and weapon choice I will remain neutral. Please let me know of any counter or supporting arguments you have to what I said, I am keeping a very open mind and would like to see what everyone has to say. I do hope something like this comes to fruition 🙂

471B1B2FC1986F4DC5445AFE55944E13B402B0F2

For anyone wondering here are the Ares stats ^^^

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Prince said:

I love the idea of RU getting another tank class that is the equivalent of the Jug but there are a few things I would like a clarification on.

- Why give it a SMG? : The Jug's Ares is a LMG which is obviously more suited for heavy classes and is the equivalent to the PKM, They both have 38 damage and I think the same fire rate (600) but someone can correct me if I am wrong. So why not give this heavy class the PKM as well or another LMG that is the equivalent to the Ares. I feel like a Heavy / Tank class with a SMG goes against the whole idea of it being a Tank while a class that utilizes a SMG is mostly known for being fast and "running & gunning". I have not really gotten to see the P90 up close but if it can truly shred through waves of enemies at close ranges then I do not believe it would be an equivalent to the Ares. This does not only go for the P90 but also the MP40. Yes they both have a 15 smaller base damage but with the fire rates they have the overall DPS would easily outrank the Ares. Even if you go with option 2 to make it a 250 health class and reduce the speed by a smaller amount it would just become a buffed version of the Riot classes at that point, with a SMG instead of a shotgun and even more health. I feel that a LMG that is equal to the Ares will be much more suitable for this class instead of a SMG. 

- Hitboxes / Player Model : I am just having trouble comparing the size of the Jug next to the Recon1 player model so if someone could make a side by side comparison that would be amazing.

Again I am all for the RU getting a new class to equal our Jug but I do not feel that the weapon choice is correct when it comes to the style of the class. Until I see a final verdict on player model and weapon choice I will remain neutral. Please let me know of any counter or supporting arguments you have to what I said, I am keeping a very open mind and would like to see what everyone has to say. I do hope something like this comes to fruition 🙂

471B1B2FC1986F4DC5445AFE55944E13B402B0F2

For anyone wondering here are the Ares stats ^^^

So the P90 was my idea in this suggestion (it was a joint thing between me and Ting) the P90 has 50 rounds and does 23 damage base I. Pretty sure (been a while since I checked) it is what I like to deem a “Pocket LMG” since the Area is very good and can outlclass the P90 in pure amount of bullets it can put out in a extended period of time, the P90 has more of a mo ilkty factor instead of ammo and damage. It also gives the classes a bit more variety then being an RU PKM and a US Ares. 

The playermodel is the chunkiest that is really there besides riot and the RPG model so we thought it would fit well, and require less work for the nutter butter boi because it is already in the game. 

I prolly didn’t explain this well, but I’m on my phone, I’ll tell you tomorrow in TS if I see you there because I can speak better than I can type. 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines