Godfather's Staff Application

Godfather

In-game name: Godfather aka Plague.
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 17
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:1:81979150
Warns: None active.
Timezone: Eastern Standard.
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: 75R 3BAT MSG Godfather has played for 1469:40:40.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes and Yes.
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes.
Referral(s):  @Mikel  @Harris ❤️
Past experiences as staff: None on Gmod.  I was staff on small Minecraft servers; mainly player behavior moderation.
How do you plan on benefiting our server? 

I plan on using the tools given as a staff member to apply the rules to every player fairly and efficiently; 
I have played on this server for a decent amount of time, and have experienced many rule changes and situations that have given me valuable insight of the rules and how they are applied.  I value myself on my objectivity and plan to apply myself as a staff member without bias, given acceptance.  I won't let the toxicity of others waver my judgment, and for this reason, I know I can deal with troublemakers in a professional manner.  To emphasize, I would be able to utilize the tools given to a staff member, effectively.  A specific example would be to use a mute function in accordance with protocols when a player is spamming chat.  

In addition, my past experiences have taught me multiple things; 
First, the protocols and rules of the server can change with time.  Second, the integrity of the server is at stake with every action you take as a staff member. Third, the standard you are held to as a staff member, is higher than others, so setting the right example is important.  lastly, I know that frequently checking in with the staff team is important, not just to the player, but to the server.  So on top of being an effective moderator, I would use this knowledge to be the best staff member I could be.  

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details

-One mass ban, back in the Tali days when I was new. (My friend and I shooting each other late at night.) 
-One false mass ban that went on for 12 days, Felix was since removed.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:
Once on Siberia.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
I can be active from 12pm EST to around 12am EST.
This is true for all days except Tuesday and, rarely, weekends.

If you were to log onto the server, you will likely find my name in tab.

Edited by Timid
Referral edit
  • Like 3

I'm not going to lie. I didn't not like you. Well at first. When I saw you come back I instantly remembered your past as one of the toxic delta force. I saw no change, because I was not really looking. My mind was set on one opinion of you. however, since you've come back I can say I've seen nothing but good things from you. I am willing to forget the past and take it as a learning experience for you. If anything it helped you gain knowledge of the server and rules. And now that you've shaped up your attitude and personality, it's an easy +1 from me. Good luck on your app 🙂

• Like 1

I’m going to be totally honest with you. I have no idea who you are. Now this could be because you haven’t been playing RU. I understand that as being find, but you really need to show EVERYONE on the server that you are capable of being staff. With that out of the way, I’ve been talking to people who have experience with you, and countless time they have said you are able to be mature and qualified to be staff. I honesty have trust in you because of that. Therefore I +1

• Like 1

garnetgaming.net/forums/index.php?/profile/1910-timid/

His old profile and old staff application in case anyone was interested to know his background.

You were toxic as hell, the name 'plague' fit you pretty well, anytime you were called out for this toxicity you would keep fighting back until it bit you in the ass and then you would say it's constructive criticism or say you didn't mean to come off as toxic. You also took it to the extent of being toxic to Garnet when he wouldn't do donation support (Donation are what they are, donations to keep the server running, you get a gift in return for supporting the server) and even after br0ken had told you to calm down, you persisted and just claimed it was 'constructive criticism'.

From since you've came back, I've had a tight watch on you since I knew exactly who you were. You were a tad toxic at first, but recently you've been a pretty dull personality, granted it could be since I play on Russia, but even then you should try to get your new personality out there when you've had a past of being toxic and having a pretty bad rep.

Yax kinda nailed my opinion though on his old staff app.

• Informative 1
8 hours ago, Pencil said:

garnetgaming.net/forums/index.php?/profile/1910-timid/

His old profile and old staff application in case anyone was interested to know his background.

You were toxic as hell, the name 'plague' fit you pretty well, anytime you were called out for this toxicity you would keep fighting back until it bit you in the ass and then you would say it's constructive criticism or say you didn't mean to come off as toxic. You also took it to the extent of being toxic to Garnet when he wouldn't do donation support (Donation are what they are, donations to keep the server running, you get a gift in return for supporting the server) and even after br0ken had told you to calm down, you persisted and just claimed it was 'constructive criticism'.

From since you've came back, I've had a tight watch on you since I knew exactly who you were. You were a tad toxic at first, but recently you've been a pretty dull personality, granted it could be since I play on Russia, but even then you should try to get your new personality out there when you've had a past of being toxic and having a pretty bad rep.

Yax kinda nailed my opinion though on his old staff app.

I understand why you think this of me.  
I can't change what has happened in the past, but I sure as hell learned from it.

I am really ashamed of how I acted on the staff application, so now,  I just wish that how I have changed makes up for it in the long run.  
I know you might have trouble believing that I have changed, but I have conversed with others, and people agree. 

As for the donor support; it is true that the time taken to do the support angered me and I did patronize Garnet about it, but even shortly after the fact, I realized that he must have been really busy. 
Looking back it was a really shitty thing to do by asking so much of him at that time.  Still, then, at the time of that happening, I realized this much, and then went to all of the existing donor supports and scanned through then to tell them to include things that would help garnet go through them faster.  You can check, I'm not sure how far back it goes, but if you go to any donor support missing anything around mine, you will find me, doing my best to help Garnet.
So, you have the right to think of me as you do now, but the fact is, I understood my wrong doing at even at that time.  Specifically with the donor support.  I am ashamed of this, as well.

With that out of the way, the remarks about my personality is of your own opinion.  If I have a "dull personality", should that really affect anything but who I am friends with?
If you do not wish to be friends with me, then we don't have to be.  It's just that, an opinion, but I hope I can change it.
This is just food for thought.  

All in all, I think it was good that you brought this into the light, but multiple people here already knew who I was.  This includes Oatlife, who was first to say I have changed.  Hearing that made me really glad, because I really have given it my best shot.  
So, these things you mentioned, I've analyzed and learned from.  I know it's too late to apologize, nor is this the place to do so, but doing the best I can to remain calm and without stance, in my eyes, has made up for it. 
This might also be why you said I'm dull.

I've reconciled with many people and I think even highly of the server.  I also hope that you can get to know me better. 

TL;DR:

I had a history of being toxic.
I am ashamed of my past behaviors.
I learned from all of my mistakes.
I have shown this, and people agree.
I hope to become better friends with all.

Edited by Timid
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Friendly 1