Some ideas I've had for a better DRP

1. Fix some of the annoying glitches. (Rape glitch. Mayor loopholeing)

2. Add some more jobs man. Maybe a new gang. A new kind of dealer. Anything I'm tired of playing the same 4 jobs. 

3. UI fixes. Make it where when the party founder leaves the party it doenst fuck with the console(if you can). 

4.Rules. Minges are just annoying. But a lot of it just comes from people honestly not knowing the rules beacuse theres nothing forcing you to read them. Maybe make it where new players have to atleast scroll to the bottom to click of the MOTD

5. Give staff more powers. Screengrab and spectate could make getting reports set up much easier. Ik screengrab can be pretty bad sometimes but any kind of spectate feature for Admin+ even could help the process instead of people having to go and collect proof they could go just watch it. 

6 A clan warfare system (I stole this from some other server and its complicated but idc) make it where the clans can actually go to war with eachother without having to just raid over and over again. Make it where clans can "Claim" areas of the map. Ex. DaB "claims" industry. And another clan could challenge them for it. Ik it sounds stupid but I'm still working it out. 

7. Fun stuff. Make scramble points do something other then bragging rights. Just use them like credits for all I care theres just no point in really doing the scrambles once you get past a mil really. And idk of you can anymore. But hiring back chess and checkers. 

8 #BringbackRockford. The videos made it look cool as hell. But we just got the tits map instead. Idk why Rockford didnt work but I hope you could find a way to bring it back or make something new. Something that makes us special again. 

Ik this is probably nothing but I got bored and thought I could atleast try

2. Yeah

3. yep

5. It's there already

8. Yes, or Evo, Evo is my favorite, downtown just feels old

I know the map thing will get shut down instantly, so maybe we can add an auto message linking to a forum page on a vote for map change so we can get votes from players who wouldn't normally go to the forums to vote on it 

32 minutes ago, Stinkie said:

I know the map thing will get shut down instantly, so maybe we can add an auto message linking to a forum page on a vote for map change so we can get votes from players who wouldn't normally go to the forums to vote on it 

Downtown (specifically tits) is unfortunately a very popular map these days. People don't like custom maps when it involves DarkRP and prefer something that is familiar, works with dupes, and so on. Even other maps like rp_locality, evocity, rockford, and so on aren't as popular (although they are often used for larger servers if a custom map isn't).

It is just an unfortunate truth that people seem to prefer the current map.

1 hour ago, NotYuriBlankovich said:

2. Add some more jobs man. Maybe a new gang. A new kind of dealer. Anything I'm tired of playing the same 4 jobs. 

There are plenty of jobs for you to choose from already.

4.Rules. Minges are just annoying. But a lot of it just comes from people honestly not knowing the rules beacuse theres nothing forcing you to read them. Maybe make it where new players have to atleast scroll to the bottom to click of the MOTD

This isn't necessary. Even if what you suggested was in place, people wouldn't read it anyways.

6 A clan warfare system (I stole this from some other server and its complicated but idc) make it where the clans can actually go to war with eachother without having to just raid over and over again. Make it where clans can "Claim" areas of the map. Ex. DaB "claims" industry. And another clan could challenge them for it. Ik it sounds stupid but I'm still working it out. 

I don't play DarkRP, so I don't understand the whole "clan" thing. I personally find it stupid. This idea however isn't that bad of an idea and actually reminds me of an older gamemode that unfortunately didn't survive. GangWarsRP; was pretty fun and had all of these different elements revolving around capturing and keeping a location for your gang, had an inventory system and was semi-serious (basically a lite version of OCRP/CGRP). It was heavily modified DarkRP, so it still had jobs and all, but had an RPG feel adding in levels and so on. TLDR: Not a bad idea, but just not for DarkRP in my opinion.

• Winner 1
On 10/11/2019 at 12:48 AM, NotYuriBlankovich said:

Give staff more powers.

No. Powers are fine where they are. Admins are the only ones with speciating abilities to prevent newer staff from abusing. 

Also number 4 is useless because it's already their responsibility to read and abide by them.

The rest is good except the map stuff. I love this map. 

• 2 months later...
  • The Garnut

1. Fix some of the annoying glitches. (Rape glitch. Mayor loopholeing)

Rape was fixed, literally no detail on what "Mayor Loopholing" is

Half-assed suggestion, no real suggestions here.

3. UI fixes. Make it where when the party founder leaves the party it doenst fuck with the console(if you can). 

Unfortunately this issue has been taking much longer than I anticipated to fix, but it's definitely not forgotten about. Thank you for the reminder

Making people scroll to the bottom of the MOTD or a timer on it is just another half-assed/step measure to in theory bring more attention to the MOTD. We can't incentivize a troll/minge to read our rules, and if they're "minges", they will not even care for them in the first place. Avoiding punishment is your bigget incentive.

5. Give staff more powers. Screengrab and spectate could make getting reports set up much easier. Ik screengrab can be pretty bad sometimes but any kind of spectate feature for Admin+ even could help the process instead of people having to go and collect proof they could go just watch it. 

Admins+ are already able to spectate, chromium does not allow for screengrabbing efficiently.

Results in uncontrollable RDM fests unfortunately. 

7. Fun stuff. Make scramble points do something other then bragging rights. Just use them like credits for all I care theres just no point in really doing the scrambles once you get past a mil really. And idk of you can anymore. But hiring back chess and checkers. 

8 #BringbackRockford. The videos made it look cool as hell. But we just got the tits map instead. Idk why Rockford didnt work but I hope you could find a way to bring it back or make something new. Something that makes us special again. 

We already have a credit system, it's not integrated with scrambler, because scrambler already gives you XP.

and finally, no to Rockford.

Thank you for the suggestion, please create a well-made single suggestion thread next time as opposed to 8 senseless ones with no detail. Quality over quantity.