Godfather's Staff Application

Godfather

In-game name: Godfather aka Plague.
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 17
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:1:81979150
Warns: One active Att. RDM warn. Accidental.
Timezone: Eastern Standard.
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | NSWC ENS Godfather has played for 1958:50:11.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes and Yes.
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes.
Referral(s):   @JoeBudden ❤️
Past experiences as staff: None on Gmod.  I was staff on small Minecraft servers; mainly player behavior moderation, as well as moderating and managing discord servers.
How do you plan on benefiting our server? 

I plan on using the tools given as a staff member to apply the rules to every player fairly and efficiently; 
I have played on this server for a decent amount of time, and have experienced many rule changes and situations that have given me valuable insight of the rules and how they are applied.  I value myself on my objectivity and plan to apply myself as a staff member without bias, given acceptance.  I won't let the toxicity of others waver my judgment, and for this reason, I know I can deal with troublemakers in a professional manner.  To emphasize, I would be able to utilize the tools given to a staff member, effectively.  A specific example would be to use a mute function in accordance with protocols when a player is spamming chat.  

In addition, my past experiences have taught me multiple things; 
First, the protocols and rules of the server can change with time.  Second, the integrity of the server is at stake with every action you take as a staff member. Third, the standard you are held to as a staff member, is higher than others, so setting the right example is important.  lastly, I know that frequently checking in with the staff team is important, not just to the player, but to the server.  So on top of being an effective moderator, I would use this knowledge to be the best staff member I could be.  

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details

-One mass ban, back in the Tali days when I was new. (My friend and I shooting each other late at night.) 
-One false mass ban that went on for 12 days, Felix was since removed.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:
Once on Siberia.
One September 20th, 2019. Denied for having low activity towards October.

I'm now doing my best to be more active.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
I can be active from 12pm EST to around 12am EST. 
This is true for all days except Tuesday and, rarely, weekends. 

Yes, this is almost the same staff app as last time, but how I plan to benefit the server stays the same.

• Cringe 2

Godfather is one of those dudes that's online like... all the time. I can jump into any war at any point in the day and see godfather in the feed. So he's definitely active enough from what i've seen. 

People say that he was immature and mingey or toxic or whatever. Honestly since i've known godfather i've never had an experience like I felt he was being toxic or malicious to me. So that part of him that people say they see? I have yet to see that.

In my opinion Godfather is a +1.

Edited by Milton
  • Like 1

No words. This man is super mature when it comes to rping. He is super professional and never ever minges. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get staff tbh. He would do one of the best jobs ever seen. - Valor

Edited by Thazziee
  • Like 1

-1 for reasons stated below.

Earlier today me and godfather had a meeting in game. Before this I never really talked to you but you were an officer and pretty active so I figured you were pretty good. During the meeting I asked simple questions and you treated it like a joke and never gave me a good answer. When asked for 3 simple examples you kept changing the subject and just acting non proffesional. When you said you got serious you brought up my past as a way to back up your "argument" (if you could call it that). If you are going to use others past against them then you should also held to the same standards. You were kinda mingy back during your "plague" days. While activity is a key part in staff, being profesional is just as important. 

• Cringe 2
43 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Earlier today me and godfather had a meeting in game. Before this I never really talked to you but you were an officer and pretty active so I figured you were pretty good. During the meeting I asked simple questions and you treated it like a joke and never gave me a good answer. When asked for 3 simple examples you kept changing the subject and just acting non proffesional. When you said you got serious you brought up my past as a way to back up your "argument" (if you could call it that). If you are going to use others past against them then you should also held to the same standards. You were kinda mingy back during your "plague" days. While activity is a key part in staff, being profesional is just as important. 

You are the guy that posted a Faction diss on seals earlier today though. Wouldn't be suprised if thats why Godfather seemed off with you.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Milton said:

You are the guy that posted a Faction diss on seals earlier today though. Wouldn't be suprised if thats why Godfather seemed off with you.

I've heard worse things said to a staff member. If he cant handle a diss to his faction leader that has nothing to do with him then he cant handle staff. Even more reason for my -1

Edited by Vibe
  • Cringe 6
2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Professional? Weren't you and a few other people trolling RU earlier when they were in DB and doing it in comms no less, they were just trying to ask  for an OBJ? As well talking mad smack about seals? 

Edited by Maynard
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Back in the Plague days I'd rush to defend myself against replies like these.  I've learned, and now I do my best to acknowledge all that is right. Just as I did when Pencil told me what he thought of me.  And that's kind of what this is about; I'm replying to this post, and I will acknowledge all that I can, but I know a spiteful post when I see one:

I am not required to personally give you every detail as to why we blacklisted you.  My Captain is aware of this situation, and he knows fully who you are.

I do my best to be serious when it is adequate, and others have said this to be true.  I treated the "meeting" as a joke because you should know what you have done in the past, and you bringing up my "Plague" days as a comparison was proof that you haven't forgotten.  So, in terms of "acting non proffesional", acting as if you haven't wronged anyone by demanding examples is the only thing unprofessional in this situation.  

I have done my best to be the best I can be; people who thought I was 'kinda mingy back during the "Plague" days', or a toxic delta force, have publicly said that I have changed, and a key part of that was to make sure everyone knew that I was aware of my past behavior.  Blacklists aren't actually ever permanent, they can change, as a person does.  Recognizing your mistakes can speed that along.  But, making this spiteful reply and the godawful "Garnet Times" post truly shows, not just me, but all of us, that you haven't changed, and that's the
 difference

• Winner 1

Let me start off by saying If you had been active during your first application you very well would be staff already. However I am very glad you returned and still show interest in applying. Obviously I am a +1 as I gave you a rec. Very cool headed, mature when needed to be, and active. Never seen you minge or do anything I would qualify as uncalled for behaviour. Also seen through the mature response to the topic above. Good luck on your staff app.

6 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I am not required to personally give you every detail as to why we blacklisted you

You are completely right. You dont have to give me every detail. But you preach how people told you how they felt and what you did wrong but you wont show the same respect towards me. Since I have started playing regurally again I have not been mingy once. Yes earlier members of the faction I am in were kinda minging the comms chat before war I had no part nor did I tell them to do that. The actions of ones faction members should not hold any weight when judging the charecter of another faction member. 

10 minutes ago, Godfather said:

you should know what you have done in the past

There are only 2 reasons I could think of in my past that could lead to this. My mingy behavior or my past leadership. When it comes to my mingy behavior I have worked very hard like you to leave that behind and just recently have begun to RP more heavily and lead wars. Just last week I with a group of GB and other SOC forces led a mission to kidnap the 2GA leader and Officer which was a success and was really fun. When it comes to past leadership I've lead 2 factions. When I was leading GRU i really cared about the server and had fun playing it and had fun playing it with the people that were around me. The main reason for my involvment in GRU was to "revive" the faction which I did and sadly the leader after me tarnished slightly. When I was leading SEALs the playerbase was slowing going down, close friends like Jackal and Coyote resigned and stopped playing, and I was working myself to death with 5 closing shifts in a row each week. I'll be the first to admit that I was very inactive while leading SEALs, but when you go to work at 3 (when everyone gets out of school) and get home at 11 (when most people go to bed) I could never play during prime time hours. Also the server was very boring back then. Every war was one objective and I just got burnt out on going embassy every war. The final reason my term as SEAL captain was a bust was because I put people in the faction that I liked and not people that the faction needed.

19 minutes ago, Godfather said:

have publicly said that I have changed

I didnt know you too well while you were plague. As an RU main we didnt have much interaction. I'll admit you seem like a pretty cool guy. Change is something that can occour over a short period of time but more likely comes from long periods of time with small growth here and there. I've been playing on Garnet for 3 and a half years now. Compared to when I was a 55th Brigade LTGen I have changed. There are times where I minge a little but thats just to relief stress. At the end of the day we are all here to have fun. If you really got mad at the Garnet Times I made earlier than im sorry but its all fun. You can look at all the Garnet Times I've made and its just to get people to laugh. Half are literally about Jackal and is forhead but he knows its just banter. 

• Like 1