Scythe - Staff Application

petal

33 minutes ago, Torch said:

Wasn't your kidnap just GRU playing Easy Street? Don't confuse real torture with a roleplay kidnap - in my opinion, doing kidnaps like that makes the roleplay void.

DROWNING POOL's song "Bodies" was used as a tool of torture at Guantánamo Bay in 2003 when it was played repeatedly to "stress" detainee Mohamedou Ould Slahi. The track, which mostly consists of the repeated lines of the main chorus, "Let the bodies hit the floor," 

I mean if you want to get into the roleplay mindset. Music has been used as a torture and still is being used. 

And he was getting at she openly broke the rules and knew that it was failrp to run away. Something staff shouldn't do.

• Cringe 1
  • 300 IQ 2
53 minutes ago, Torch said:

Wasn't your kidnap just GRU playing Easy Street? Don't confuse real torture with a roleplay kidnap - in my opinion, doing kidnaps like that makes the roleplay void therefore FailRP is non-existant (this isn't the case in the rules though, unfortunately).

Your whole reason to -1 is pretty shitty though.

Not to stray away from the main point of the staff app, music has indeed been used as a torture tool on the server, along with various other things, and despite it being annoying, people can avoid it by just taking their headphones off. Once 2GA captured a GB and we ran circles around them blaring music, upon asking them if they were still there, they said that they muted for the time being. 

In short, there are ways around it (for not listening to music), but kidnaps are kidnaps and you should have to stay or face the punishment that comes with running away. Hopefully as a staff member you keep that in mind. 

Edited by Captainswag
  • Cringe 1
1 hour ago, Maynard said:

DROWNING POOL's song "Bodies" was used as a tool of torture at Guantánamo Bay in 2003 when it was played repeatedly to "stress" detainee Mohamedou Ould Slahi. The track, which mostly consists of the repeated lines of the main chorus, "Let the bodies hit the floor," 

I mean if you want to get into the roleplay mindset. Music has been used as a torture and still is being used. 

And he was getting at she openly broke the rules and knew that it was failrp to run away. Something staff shouldn't do.

You have a fair point, but in the same sense you shouldn't be doing this to people in the first place. It's not really what the goal of kidnaps are for. I get it, it's fun to fuck around with kidnaps, but getting mad when somebody wants to leave the kidnap to go play the game instead of being spammed with people playing Easy Street or whatever else you decided to do.

And your use of repeating audio (which is seen as torture depending on the context) is not the same as roleplay torture. The goal of torture is to gain information, yes? I wasn't there to see it but I don't think you were attempting to get any information from this kidnap and you were just fucking about.

I get my post is ironic because I posted on DarkRP staff breaking rules when they didn't like what somebody was doing, but it is understandable in this sense that somebody would want to escape from a useless kidnap as such in a game that should rely on roleplay. I don't think it is fair to -1 this application on that sole information due to that.

4 minutes ago, Torch said:

You have a fair point, but in the same sense you shouldn't be doing this to people in the first place. It's not really what the goal of kidnaps are for. I get it, it's fun to fuck around with kidnaps, but getting mad when somebody wants to leave the kidnap to go play the game instead of being spammed with people playing Easy Street or whatever else you decided to do.

And your use of repeating audio (which is seen as torture depending on the context) is not the same as roleplay torture. The goal of torture is to gain information, yes? I wasn't there to see it but I don't think you were attempting to get any information from this kidnap and you were just fucking about.

I get my post is ironic because I posted on DarkRP staff breaking rules when they didn't like what somebody was doing, but it is understandable in this sense that somebody would want to escape from a useless kidnap as such in a game that should rely on roleplay. I don't think it is fair to -1 this application on that sole information due to that.

If a person was kidnapped, the kidnapper can do what they please (within rules) with the kidnapped person for the 15 minutes it's allowed. While a major point of kidnapping is to gain information, torture without wanting information is also possible if the party is "retaliating" for something. That is all allowed within the bounds of roleplay. If she ran away from a kidnapped situation before the 15 minutes was up then that's straight up failRP, and it looks pretty bad on her end. 

• Winner 1
8 minutes ago, CodyDrax said:

If a person was kidnapped, the kidnapper can do what they please (within rules) with the kidnapped person for the 15 minutes it's allowed. While a major point of kidnapping is to gain information, torture without wanting information is also possible if the party is "retaliating" for something. That is all allowed within the bounds of roleplay. If she ran away from a kidnapped situation before the 15 minutes was up then that's straight up failRP, and it looks pretty bad on her end. 

Completely fair, I guess. Just seems like justification for fucking around with kidnaps because it is very obvious that people don't roleplay anymore (micspamming is against the rules, op). Anyways, my whole point is that it really isn't fair to judge Scythe's ability to be a staff member on a single instance of breaking FailRP. It's like using RDM against somebody when they were fucking around with a friend (except, that isn't ever the case). Straying from the topic so I'm just gonna reply with this last thought.

• 300 IQ 1
4 hours ago, Torch said:

Wasn't your kidnap just GRU playing Easy Street? Don't confuse real torture with a roleplay kidnap 

If you've ever watched the walking dead, you'd know Neegan used Easy Street as a method of torture.

GRU modeled their kidnaps after that torture. It isn't failRP, like Maynard said Music has been used as a method of torture for a long time. I do agree that it shouldn't be the only reason Rem -1'd, but calling it failRP is a pretty wild statement.

• Cringe 2

To put an end to the kidnapping thing. Yeah I could’ve taken off my headset but I still wouldn’t be able to play the game. Running off was fail rp and it is wrong so I apologize for that. 

21 hours ago, Rem_Paki said:

-1 ran away from my kidnap. If you cannot handle torture you aren't qualified for staff.  

Everyone can make mistakes. Pretty childish to hold something that small against someone who is willing to devote their time to help the server. I don't play MRP but I like the app. +1 from me. 

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
7 hours ago, Katkot said:

+1

From the few times i've seen you on the server, you seem like a pretty chill and nice dude, and would most likely fit well in the staff team.

Well uh, do u play mrp? Because scythe is a girl....

• Haha 4
  • Informative 1
39 minutes ago, AparhTurtle said:

Well uh, do u play mrp? Because scythe is a girl....

People can assume my gender as a young boy. I can’t correct people anymore cause it’s tedious so I let them believe what they want till someone comments on me being an e-girl and they respond with: sHe’S a GiRl?!