DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MRP Overhaul

shrimp

15 minutes ago, Milton said:

What would G4S do if they aren't employed though? How would they maintain a level of satisfaction while playing the server if they had to sit out a couple of wars because nobody decided to hire them? 

They could do actual sims and "train" until someone reaches out to them maybe? 

Overall, great idea I personally think this would be a great addition to the server. Hopefully it helps with the long peacetimes and makes people stay on to see it through. +1

• Like 1

+1, talked it over with shrimps last night and he cleared up most of my questions.

Personally I think this will do better than Top Tier factions trying to be RP heavy because; 
1. There is more incentive to tryout ( It's a whole new side, you can't just fail and still play alongside those people )
2. The way for the faction to run is clearly established.

One thing I would like to see implemented to help streamline this though, maybe add/rework the Radio/squad addon a bit in addition to this update. What I mean by this is give the NPC ability to recognize squads of G4S so that the ODR can license out a squad to that side AND assign that squad as being on their team(this will prevent TeamKilling and allow G4S to use the radio). This could cause some issues, block some sorts of RP possibly. To avoid that, simply just allow that at any time, either the head of the G4S squad can pull the group out, or even any Officer+ in G4S, OR just allow anyone in the squad to pull out and it would pull out the whole squad. This would allow for a scenario like this to occur:
G4S gets hired to protect a high ranking US General who's holding tryouts in the town under boardwalk for 1 billion. G4S accepts this, a squad of 4 Enlisted and a LT+ are sent out to protect the general, additionally they gain access to the United States Radio and 'team', this is broadcasted through the radio to tell US that it has been accepted, ("G4S Alpha Squad has been granted access to the US Communications")-something along those lines. They then accept an offer of 100 billion from RU to execute that same General, the Commander accepts, and backs the squad out of their current Operation and assigns them to the Russian operation, they now no longer can view US comms, or are considered US 'team', but can see RU comms/RU 'team'.

^Also would this type of scenario be possible? Or would it be blocked out by rules?^

Only a few side notes and questions I have are as follows;
Questions: Will G4S be able to have it's own independent claim area that it may enforce? And if so, would it be allowed to license out G4S' claim to US/RU?
Will G4S be able to personally interfere with the war to demonstrate their services? Would they be able to even cap objectives/count towards TDM?

Side Notes:
- Make a 3rd team for G4S' radio to function and so they can kill both sides in war if needed. (Or just modify what I said up above and make G4S a neutral group, but assign a squad a team when they are licensed out to a faction).

8 minutes ago, Pencil said:

Will G4S be able to personally interfere with the war

G4S would only be able to participate in war if hired, and the terms of their employment may range from simple scouting and recon to full armed conflict. G4S won't be able to capture points as that would likely be unnecessarily complicated to implement.

As far as an independent claim goes, I assume you mean a base location, in which case I am looking for suggestions on.

I fell like this would be a lot harder to implement, granted I’m for it but to find everything and enforce it will take a lot of work and might get confusing, the idea is honestly great and I’d love to see something like this go through cause itd add something really cool and fun to do along with the possible RP chances there could be so +1

24 minutes ago, Harris said:

confusing

I'm curious to know what parts of this might turn out to be confusing or difficult.

The only difficult part lies on Garnet's end with the coding. Other than that, things like the faction-rules will be enforced only upon the faction and enforced by the faction leader with the help of staff. Other than that, it should be pretty straightforward. Mercenaries on the server might help, or they might not. 

I really like the idea, instead of pushing for more RP oriented bases on players heavily, an introduction of a 3rd force that will explicitly play in character, will help grow the idea of RP in other groups, new "generations" will push to have fun on down time, instead of during of actual "militaryrp" interaction, instead of simply, waiting for the next war...

+1

Edited by Shephard
  • Winner 1
8 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

how do we implement it

The same way we'd add any other faction. Reach out to some people to become members, select a leader, get them trained on proper RP, establish the rules, make the update thread. 

• 300 IQ 1
25 minutes ago, shimps said:

The same way we'd add any other faction. Reach out to some people to become members, select a leader, get them trained on proper RP, establish the rules, make the update thread. 

I love it, but it would need to a be a quick change don't you think? this would take some preparation then we just swap it out quick right?

2 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

preparation

Yeah. While Garnet would be adding jobs and whatever else needs to be done on that end, management would be putting together the IC side of it, so by the time everything is ready to be updated, it's all ready to go.

• Informative 1

I just wanna say, this is one of the coolest suggestions i have ever seen. It’s very in depth and I think that with this suggestion we could bring back the RP aspect of the server which would be very cool.

but, could we possibly make leader applications so that we could perfectly do choose a leader who volunteers but I’m thinking that these people would need to have over 500 or 600 hours on the server and had to be at least an officer on this server or another.

i think imma stay active on this post 🙂

• Spicy 1
3 minutes ago, SkaDoo said:

but, could we possibly make leader applications so that we could perfectly do choose a leader 

We don't need to change any leaders, they would just need to adapt. If you want leader applications then it would completely remove the people that worked for their current role on the server