US Overhaul

shrimp

For those of you too lazy busy to read, here's what this suggestion hopes to accomplish:

• Solve Rangers' problems by merging it with Army similar to the MARSOC/1MD relationship.
  • Cut Rangers and MARSOC down to 2 classes each (Base and Officer) and attach them to their respective factions.
  • Streamline and specify the entire US faction structure to eliminate any confusion. 
  • Get dat fukken rep.

For any of you with nothing better to do, here's what the above would accomplish.

Ranger Issues

You don't have to look far to notice a pretty significant inconsistency between the SOC factions on US almost across the board, with varying levels of activity, player distribution, and leadership capabilities. It may not seem like that urgent of an issue to most, but it's another factor that management have always had to account for, and it stretches the already limited population of people capable of leading even thinner. This problem over time has become more apparent in ranger to be specific. 

The goal behind tying Rangers to Army is to improve Army across the board. The comparison and control variable is MARSOC in and of itself. Marines and Army are both base factions, however one is led by a member and leader of a SOC faction. SOC factions historically have been much, much easier to find willing leaders for, and it's no different for a SOC leader in charge of an entry faction. Army, as it stands, is by itself and suffers from unmotivated leadership and poor interest. 

That being said, blending the two in classic MARSOC fashion and revitalizing Army would be a big help to the current organization of US, and maybe even give us a motivated GA. I'll leave the specifics and logistics up to Gildarts.

Cutting Classes

I want to bring MARSOC (and now Rangers) back to how it used to be. 2 Classes attached to the tail end of USMC classes. I know what a lot of you sweaty boys are about to say (Actually I don't, but I know you wont like this because you're stupid), so just hear me out. As a result of MARSOC (and by extension, Rangers) being attached to an entry faction, the should by standard of virtue already have access to every class in their respective entry factions, therefore eliminating the need for the two additional classes on top of the necessary standard class and officer class. Bring it down to those two, re-purpose models, do what you have to do. You don't need 4 classes if you have an entry faction to pull from, it used to be this way in the past and it worked GREAT. 

The Structure

This is the short one. Basically, this is a diagram to show what faction goes where and how you should be joining SOC.

p5vWAxa.png
(Figure.1)

By this model, the structure of US is now symmetrical in that there's a clearly defined number of factions on both the Army and Navy sides of US. Effectively, this suggests that in order to be in SEALs for example, you must first be a Marine, or even a certain rank within the USMC depending on SEAL requirements. Setting the future standards for Faction Leaders by this model will allow certain precedents to be made that can slow down the rate at which new players join SOC factions, and completely eliminate the process of handpicking.

On one final note, I'd like to clarify that most of the specifics in this suggestion are in Gildarts' hands to carry out, and however he plans to carry them out is entirely up him.

Thanks, 
shrimps

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1

Me and guitar have already been trying to do this but gildarts denied it so it never when through but I’d give a +1 (only for the merger depending on how it was conducted I’d prefer mine and guitars way) everything else is a -1 forgot to clarify 

Edited by Harris
Guest Gildarts
3 hours ago, shrimp said:

Solve Rangers' problems by merging it with Army similar to the MARSOC/1MD relationship.

No. I already had this idea and tossed it around, Weve done it before and it was a failure. However If you would rather ruin GB's reputation have them merge but none of the officers will keep their ranks. (sarcasm) 

Edited by Gildarts
1 hour ago, Guitar said:

1 hour ago, James_R_Tanner said:

1 hour ago, Gildarts said:

No.

Alright awesome, few GA's and a veteran army main. I have a nice track record of trying to do something about Army's shit and always getting bitched at for it but no pain no gain I guess?

Here's my thing. For as long as I can remember, excluding Shephard's term(s), Army has been shit, or damn near close to it. No if's, and's, or but's, I don't wanna hear it. That being said, we gotta do something about that. If the most basic of base factions can't figure out which way is up, there's gotta be a problem at the structural level. That's what I'm trying to solve. Gildarts is saying he's tried to merge 75R and Army before and believe me I know what happened, I was there, but here I am suggesting we do it again. Why? Because it wasn't done right the first time because there was a lot of (go figure) bitching and moaning from the active Rangers at the time about losing their positions and or forfeiting power to the base faction. I shouldn't have to argue for the possibility of it working because the perfect case study already exists (see: my entire thread). Just do it how it should've been done from the start, fuck everyone else, and never have to worry about this recurring issue ever again.

Edited by shrimpus
  • 300 IQ 2

One of the biggest issues with army is their DS’s which all of the officers just had meeting and that was part of whay was said in the meeting, part of army’s downfall was the shear fact they didn’t have officers and when they did they weren’t active or didn’t care, now as we are trying to build army the problem is that they dint have active DS or ones that actually wnat to train like they would in the past, there’s many contributions to why army is the way it is now like having GAs go inactive, officers constantly leaving or causing problems or now a days enlisted don’t care as much as they used to, if we could fix those which we are slowly doing then maybe army will start having better out turns, but the sheer fact of merging two factions, one faction that is slowly climbing up, with a faction that has 3 enlisted and 2 officers it really won’t do much, especially considering the state rangers has been in the past many months I’ve been in it, nothing has changed for rangers no matter what I’ve done or tried. And if you are talking about stripping power away from rangers then what’s the point of people trying to get into rangers right now, if we were to do a merger I’d want it to be a soft one rangers have limited power in army as to help army and expose rangers more to army enlisted and peak their interests, not completely change everything

(sorry for grammar errors, I’m sleep deprived and typing in my phone)

Edited by Harris
58 minutes ago, Harris said:

And if you are talking about stripping power away from rangers then what’s the point of people trying to get into rangers right now,

That is not going to happen

58 minutes ago, Harris said:

if we were to do a merger I’d want it to be a soft one rangers have limited power in army as to help army and expose rangers more to army enlisted and peak their interests

That's the point of the merge

On god, I don't think a merge is that necessary. At the very least, there needs to be more communication between the factions. A merge would be kind of nice tho to help with making it more streamlined. 

If the merge actually happens, then I +1 the class limitations. Have the base Ranger/MARSOC class be the specialty that separates them from Army/Marines, and then the Commander class for white-listing capabilities. 

The structure kind-of already exists, but isn't carried out all of the time. It definitely needs revisited though.