Staff Report Against Bradley

knuckles0315

So I'm guessing @MasterH724 was the one who told @Bradley350 to jail? Did you seriously not listen at all? Quick sits aren't always required. If the reporter says they have proof, let them provide proof. Especially for this scenario when Shadow admitted to shooting around him. That's clearly a verbal warning without question and repeated offenses would be a jail.

Hopefully we'll get a response for this action before I make a decision.

As for @Bradley350 you probably shouldn't do commands for other people's situations even if they say you can. It can get you in trouble if they make a mistake.

I have no clue why he placed this on Bradley, Bradley offered to jail him so I had assumed that it was the right option, we were in a discord call and I tend to say my thought out loud so I was thinking on whether shooting around him is a cause for RDM and I think bradley took my thoughts as that we were actually jailing him right there so when I heard him say hell jail I warn I thought that was the right thing to do. I think there was a lot of communication issues behind the scene and I completely take full blame for this whole thing.

47 minutes ago, Kicks said:

Stop triple posting, say what you want to say in one post or nothing at all. @MasterH724 It is the reporter's job to provide evidence, even if they do admit, if the reportee says they have evidence, GET THE REPORTERS EVIDENCE. Then get the reportees evidence. Also never take the word of a reporter, including from higher ups. As for Bradley, never put in commands for someone elses sit, its their report to judge not yours. (Even if they are decided on a punishment, for example, you cant go and warn someone for RDM in a sit your watching.) Im on my phone so sorry if the grammar is weird.

I take full blame for this. This whole case seems very messy due to me allowing Bradley to jail him for me. I take full blame this isnt Bradley's fault

H

1 hour ago, knuckles0315 said:

Again, you still took Shadows word for it even though he had nothing to back it up and basically disregarded everything I said except to let Shadow twist it and let it fit his story

Honestly mate, I'm fine with the fact this reports gonna show me guilty because yes I messed up and I'm in the wrong but whether it does or it doesnt or whatever the consequences are when your next available in game I'll make it up to you in whatever way I can through a video game lmao. What tomezone are you in and what time are you available 

40 minutes ago, Yamagataa said:

or anything that would not result in damage being taken is not RP reasons to kill someone.

So shooting around someone has a 0% chance of the other party taking damage? Huh, guns are nonviolent according to your knowledge.

Even if it was "RDM", which it isn't, it would've been a verbal. Clearly it was not RANDOM Death Match, it was influenced by the gunshots of the opposing thief.

Just now, Yamagataa said:

According to the exact wording of the rules it is RDM (read above). I don't know how large I need to make the text, it is undeniably clear.

"or anything that would not result in damage taken"
*Shoots around someone* Yeah but no damage was taken, however, it would result in damage if one of the bullets hit them. Oh it didn't? Yikes that's clearly RDM. Man what a shocker.

2 minutes ago, Entity said:

*Shoots around someone* Yeah but no damage was taken, however, it would result in damage if one of the bullets hit them. Oh it didn't? Yikes that's clearly RDM. Man what a shocker.

You make a good point, however, to the best of my knowledge for how it has always worked is that you can't shoot someone for meerly shooting around you. They have to damage you before you can shoot them back, or at least that is how it worked when I was staff (granted, I understand rules change or interpretation changes).

31 minutes ago, Yamagataa said:

You make a good point, however, to the best of my knowledge for how it has always worked is that you can't shoot someone for meerly shooting around you. They have to damage you before you can shoot them back, or at least that is how it worked when I was staff (granted, I understand rules change or interpretation changes).

35 minutes ago, Entity said:

"or anything that would not result in damage taken"

Stop talking about rdm and talk about the report and whether its worth a denial or being accepted.

8 minutes ago, ThetaKek said:

Stop talking about rdm and talk about the report and whether its worth a denial or being accepted.

It's actually important to understand whether or not the reporter actually RDM'd or not. He was punished for doing so, so if he actually didn't than the report needs to be accepted and vice versa.

+1, explicitly toward @MasterH724 as he's requested the blame be to him, @Bradley350 should be VERBALLY warned to not punish on behalf of another staff member though if its against protocol to do so.

The action the player took could've resulted in damage, and would've if he aimed an inch higher. This is also what is commonly referred to as "loopholing" shooting at someone, but ONLY around them is baiting in its most purest form, of which the player could use this as an attempt claim a report against them if the targeted player reciprocates sensible retaliation. Using the rule provided by @Yamagataa, if explicitly taken literally, would set precedent for the loopholing situation I provided to run prevalent.

Also, the dudes a cop, shots fired at any cop, anywhere is grounds for equal force to be initiated, an Officers job isn't to get or be shot, but the line of duty can result in getting shot, understand that difference.

Edited by Shephard
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1