Austin Ban Appeal

Austin

In-game name: Austin
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:1:90553785
Staff members in-game name: Chase
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): (STEAM_0:0:91740401)
Date & Time of incident: idek
Timezone: EST
Ban Reason: MassRDM
How long were you banned for?: I think two weeks
Proof of Ban:  unknown.png
What happened? (include any proof): I got on to play and I'm banned, i think this is pertaining to the fake event held by hexane, chase, froggy, and proggy inside the map where i raided after being kicked out of the building. I adverted raided, ran in threw a gernade and shot two people, the gernade exploded killing proggy, froggy, and one other person. I got pulled into a sit by chase where i explained that it wasnt mass because they werent holding an actual event as they didnt say anything untill after i did it. I got into TS and they were complaining and I said it wasnt Mass and so did evity, he said while it may be shitty what i did,  that it was a fake event held inside the map and wasnt blocked off to players. 

Why should your ban be removed?: I wasnt even on the server when the ban was put in, and was told i had nothing to worry about by @evity

Events don't need to be blocked off to players. If a member of gamemasters (i.e. @Chase) says that what he's doing is an event, take it seriously. Also Chase if you have any screenshots of the signage you had at the event that would be great. He told other gamemasters he was holding a comedy club event man, so I don't think it was a "fake event" 

This was the sign outside. You helped set up the event towards the end even. You knew that there were several gamemasters & staff running it. We probably would have excused a random player shooting up the place, but you knew what was going on from the start. You got kicked out from the event for killing judges and decided to come back to blow the place up. The event was over half an hour long and nobody raided it the entire time bc most people know how to read a textscreen.

Sorry yo, I could see it being reduced but I doubt its gonna be fully appealed.

B760DA3CEEA7E0F03701BAEBC0CEEA8DD6798611

As far as I'm aware, evity wasn't informed of the full scope of the situation by Chase, and thought Austin wasn't aware that it was an event with GM staff. This wasn't the case, and Chase brought it up to evity a bit later. Evity did tell us it was a stupid idea to have an event in a building on the map, but this really wasn't an issue until Austin raided. We plan on revising how we host events similar to this in the future.

@AustinDatDude You're in proggy's screenshot and the rainbow fences were your props; this was taken before the event took place.

25 minutes ago, Chase said:

Austin was there while we were building the event. @Hexane and @proggy know this. Austin knew the event was going on, and no one was killing anyone until Austin raided. Just being immature.

Also I asked @evity before banning, he gave me the green light.

Give me a break. A talent show is not an “event”. If our gamemasters think that setting up some little stage in a warehouse for kids to come up and tell knock knock jokes is an event, then holy shit I’m speechless. Just want to put that out there, because while Austin was in the wrong (I’ll get to that next), this was a very poor situation that could have been avoided. Also, saying that you can “KOS unruly guests” seems like a real shitty excuse to kill whoever at will.

The staff team set themselves up for this. If you set up some scene in a warehouse and that looks like any other base, then expect some kid who isn’t paying attention to raid it. 

That being said, -1.

Austin, as I understand it, you were told it can’t be raided. I don’t know why you would go ahead and do it anyways saying as it was literally on the text screen. 

Im on my phone, but i have recordings of the entire event. You got mad because people kept killing you when the sign clearly said no guns. So you came back adverted raid and killed some people. Not to mention you were in TS at the time of the event, so you knew. As a wise man once told me, "Dont get mad over some pixels". 

• Informative 1

DENIED

Just now, Bishopil said:

If you set up some scene in a warehouse and that looks like any other base, then expect some kid who isn’t paying attention to raid it. 

This isn't 'some kid' - it's Austin, a player who has over 2k hours and was helping GM staff set up the event before it started. The ban wasn't issued in error, so it'll stay.

• Like 1