SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  STEAM_0:0:119926921

Staff members in-game name: @Zach-DLC

Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:94908357

Date & Time of incident: 11/29/19 around 5:00 PM Central

Timezone: Central

Ban Reason: NITRP

How long were you banned for?: 4 Days

Proof of Ban: ED5BDC0662F014FE409DCEE058F69DD4ED846665

What happened? (include any proof): I was a thief building a base on a roof on a building that I owned and 11111111 came over and was asking me to remove my props because I couldn't build up there, I was sure that wasn't a rule because I have seen multiple bases up there so I asked 111111111 to show me the rule where it says that and all he said was "Ya nope you're refusing a staff member I'm going to ban you" and I just got banned.

Why should your ban be removed?: My ban should be removed because he didn't show me the rule, I'm more than sure it's not a rule, he didn't give me enough time, and other staff members have said I shouldn't have gotten banned for this.

We had a discussion about building bases on roofs and our SA apparently told one of us that it wasn't allowed, soon after an argument, we decided it wasn't allowed due to the rule: "You must own all of the exterior doors to a building in order to build upon it."

Next time when a staff tells you to do something you don't like, ask a higher up in PMs to come over and clarify it. If no one else is online then your safest bet is just to remove it and then ask someone on TS or the forums.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

@ShadowKing also recommended this ban, as I originally opted to reconnect him but decided not to due to the amount of mingy arguing he was putting up. You took advantage of the website being down and said "You can't show me the rule so it's allowed!" 

Edited by Zach-DLC
40 minutes ago, iDirty_Blaze said:

I asked for another staff member to back up your argument and you just said "nope I'm banning you" I'm not trying to be toxic or anything, I just feel like I shouldn't have gotten banned for this.

I said it's no debate, you can't do this. Then you said you wanted a screenshot, I opened f1, it was down. I said that's not possible and it's against the rules, and you said too bad. Not that big of a debate I have screenshots of a debate with other staff to ban you as well. I didn't go renegade. I was in communication with higher ups, and if you would have removed it the first 5 times I asked you, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Edited by Zach-DLC
43 minutes ago, Zach-DLC said:

I said it's no debate, you can't do this. Then you said you wanted a screenshot, I opened f1, it was down. I said that's not possible and it's against the rules, and you said too bad. Not that big of a debate I have screenshots of a debate with other staff to ban you as well. I didn't go renegade. I was in communication with higher ups, and if you would have removed it the first 5 times I asked you, this wouldn't have been an issue.

Go to the main DarkRP forums and you should see a tab that says Server Rules, just a tip for next time.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, spilq said:

this contradicts some popular bases

Ok? if it contradicts bases, they shoulsnt be allowed. 

6 minutes ago, spilq said:

im gonna have to +1 this until I see the evidence Zach has to display about him argueing

1 hour ago, Zach-DLC said:

I've got proof on this one. Lets finish my shift first. (6 hours from now I will update this post with my proof)

another 5 to 4 hours, be patient. 

Also you cant + or - 1 and app you arent associated with.

2 hours ago, Entity said:

We had a discussion about building bases on roofs and our SA apparently told one of us that it wasn't allowed, soon after an argument, we decided it wasn't allowed due to the rule: "You must own all of the exterior doors to a building in order to build upon it."

Next time when a staff tells you to do something you don't like, ask a higher up in PMs to come over and clarify it. If no one else is online then your safest bet is just to remove it and then ask someone on TS or the forums.

Well he did own the doors to the building, so technically he should be able to build on the roof as well. If that wasn’t true then you can’t build on balconies either, or build on porches, etc. I think the point Evity was trying to make was about guiding based in tunnels with dead ends or bases that have no connection to a building. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s just my input. 

+1 to maybe reduce ban?

• Informative 1
1 minute ago, spilq said:

I know they shouldn't but even staff use them

It doesn't matter, if staff don't know the rules, they should still be punished. They are expected to know the rules, doesn't mean you take everything they do for granted.

• Haha 1