DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

FN FAL/G3A3 Under-barrel Attachment Balance

Vandal

Description: Currently the US donator whitelists are equipped with the FN FAL while the RU donator whitelists are given the G3A3 rifle. Both are similar in attachments with one stark contrast: the G3A3 has the under-barrel attachment whereas the FN FAL does not have this attachment (enabled or exists entirely). The issue creates a disparity between the two weapons when RU donator classes that utilize this weapon are able given additional utility when it comes to combat against their US counterparts. I was made aware of this when trying to figure out how I was blown up in a confrontation against a RU Riot player, resulting in me figuring this out. My suggestion would be one of the following: enable the use of the attachment on the FN FAL (if possible), swap the weapon to some other that allows the use of this attachment comparable to the G3A3, or remove the ability to utilize this attachment for the RU whitelists.

Reasoning: At the current moment the RU whitelists RPG, Riot, and Defender all have access to this attachment whereas the US do not, though I have noticed it is not often utilized by players. Potentially, this allows the RU players to use the smoke grenade to cover advancements or the HE round to soften up a target before pushing into the target location. Simply put, it results in the RU classes having an imbalanced advantage over the US counterpart whitelists.

Additional Information:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1427567110 (RU G3A3 Attachments)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1427567372 (US FN FAL Attachments)

• Like 1

The m203 isn't even that good lol but +1 I suppose I mean the FN FAL is supposed to have it as I've seen from all the attachments in single player and old SEALs combatant maybe it's intended for the FN FAL not to have it

6 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Keep in mind that US has a donator class with grenades while RU doesn't.

So Prestige shouldn't have the CZ858 if the donator classes are supposed to be the same for both sides (excluding models). Replace the CZ858 with the Frag grenades that it should have.

2 hours ago, My name is GEO said:

So Prestige shouldn't have the CZ858 if the donator classes are supposed to be the same for both sides (excluding models). Replace the CZ858 with the Frag grenades that it should have.

That's something along the lines of what I was thinking about. We'll see how it goes down.

As far as the under barrel attachment goes, I don't see the point in adding such a minute detail that no one really uses, especially when US already has more explosive classes than RU, even if prestige got nades. Won't be happening for now.