DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

US LMG CLASS UPDATE

DepressedBird

Description: I want the US LMG to be updated to a more modern class. You see the M60 we currently have needs either a buff or to be replaced. The slow fire right and the heavy recoil makes it extremely difficult to even use.Thats why I believe it needs to be changed to the M240B. While the m240b loses its ammo capacity it gains in lower recoil and a faster fire rate.

Reasoning: It would benefit the server by giving the US LMG class a fighting chance. Not just against the russians, but against the trooper and corpsman.

Additional Information: I found 2 different m240b yall can use one has more than just the m240b but they are from battlefield and the other is from MW2 
battlefield pack: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=705730335&searchtext=m240b

MW2 M240B: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795125103&searchtext=m240b

Edited by DepressionBird
Putting in format
2 minutes ago, TheOGSimone said:

followed the suggestions format

Format is really kinda an afterthought as long as all the ideas are there. The problem here is that all the ideas are not there.

I understand the approach at realism, trust me, but where would a M240B come from? It's currently not a default weapon like the M249 or the M60 that has a dedicated model or SWEP, so Garnet would have to make that himself, in which case what model would he use, and what would the purpose be?

An M240B is effectively a larger M249 , which someone already uses, I think, chambered for a 7.62 instead of 5.56. I'm actually not sure at all if the M249 is in use at all, and if not, I would support swapping out an M60 for the M249 any day. Otherwise, no real reason to act on this.

5 minutes ago, shrimp said:

Format is really kinda an afterthought as long as all the ideas are there. The problem here is that all the ideas are not there.

I understand the approach at realism, trust me, but where would a M240B come from? It's currently not a default weapon like the M249 or the M60 that has a dedicated model or SWEP, so Garnet would have to make that himself, in which case what model would he use, and what would the purpose be?

An M240B is effectively a larger M249 , which someone already uses, I think, chambered for a 7.62 instead of 5.56. I'm actually not sure at all if the M249 is in use at all, and if not, I would support swapping out an M60 for the M249 any day. Otherwise, no real reason to act on this.

so i found 2 add ons that have the m240 one with just the m240 and one with the m240 and some other battlefield weapons https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795125103&searchtext=m240b < m240 solo

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=705730335&searchtext=m240b < m240  with other battlefield guns

1 minute ago, shrimp said:

Yeah, we're not gonna be adding anything to the server anytime soon, especially when we can utilize what we already have. 

It was worth a shot. the m60 we have is pretty much useless without days of practice just to get the recoil undercontrol . Even then it cant compete with the ak and m16 

13 minutes ago, DepressedBird said:

pretty much useless

get the recoil undercontrol

cant compete with the ak and m16 

The M60, like the M249 and other LMGs is a squad support weapon, and should be used like such. It's not an assault rifle and shouldn't be compared to an AK or AR. It's supposed to be fired from a static position, with a deployed bipod. That's how you control the recoil. It's a defensive gun and should be used defensively. As it stands, I have no problem with the functionality of the gun, only the fact that it's not an M249.

Just now, shrimp said:

The M60, like the M249 and other LMGs is a squad support weapon, and should be used like such. It's not an assault rifle and shouldn't be compared to an AK or AR. It's supposed to be fired from a static position, with a deployed bipod. That's how you control the recoil. It's a defensive gun and should be used defensively. As it stands, I have no problem with the functionality of the gun, only the fact that it's not an M249.

I know that but when we try and Use it as intended we get one shotted by a shotgun

Before I got Cachet I only used LMG. All you gotta do is add all the attachments and have some recoil control. I don’t think LMG is for moving around it should be used as a position so you Gun down enemies. 

I am really not that sure if LMG out of everything needs fixed, because this is the first thing I have heard negative about the LMG.

The only thing I would agree on is a little faster fire rate because it does have some delay per shot.

3 hours ago, Harris said:

It’s the first thing you hear about it negatively because almost no one uses the us lmg classes anymore 

Most people use the USMC Marksman class. Why would changing the LMG class weapon pull more people to playing on said class?

I do support swapping the weapon back to the M249 for the USMC LMG and for Army Demolition to have a shotgun again.

Both Army and Marines have a weapon that you can donate for on the store for $17 - it has all of the same stats as the donator version, which to me devalues it by a lot (the M3 Super 90 for Green Beret does not have the same stats as the donator version in comparison)

On 12/7/2019 at 11:00 AM, Torch said:

Most people use the USMC Marksman class. Why would changing the LMG class weapon pull more people to playing on said class?

I do support swapping the weapon back to the M249 for the USMC LMG and for Army Demolition to have a shotgun again.

Both Army and Marines have a weapon that you can donate for on the store for $17 - it has all of the same stats as the donator version, which to me devalues it by a lot (the M3 Super 90 for Green Beret does not have the same stats as the donator version in comparison)

I know that but i don't have money in paypal. I've been trying to find someone who would want two 10 dollar gift cards in exchange but no one does so im screwed. In addition no one uses the class due it being trash

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines