DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Raiding

Ziggy

Me again

Right so there seems to be a big issue with the current raiding system. I spent a few wars on US, when I noticed what the DB post-war was like.

Instead of actually discussing the war and how they could improve, they simply prepared for an incoming raid. One officer said a “scout” they sent out saw RU coming towards base, which was likely bullshit. 

1. Anyways, the suggestion here is to bring back the rule where you need permission from a T. Admin+ to raid before doing so. 

Part of the reason US keeps losing wars is because nobody can actually state the problems that they face because they’re always preparing for some nades to slide under their feet. I think debriefs should be about the war, not about the incoming raid nobody should know about anyways. 

2. Rule change to where tryouts and Debrief cannot be raided. 

I believe this would be the best out of the two. Most raids are just nades thrown into DB for a feed. It’d be nice to get into a state where raids are utilized on occasion and are called with a real reason. 

Let me know what you think, and if you’re one of those leaders I mentioned, I would appreciate real feedback. I hope nobody -1s on the basis that they’re gonna lose their free 10 kills every so often. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Like 2
  • Cringe 3
  • Haha 1

-1 to first suggestion, +1 to second suggestion. Altough I haven't played in long this issue was around when I was still playing, people seeing like 3 RU outside of base and dismissing DB to ''defend'' the base. Having DB and Tryouts non-raidable is only good to stay clear of disruptions and allows people to actually have a DB without worrying of the whole room being naded. 

I've heard about the rule where you need a T.Admins perms to raid and although I didn't play during that time, It feels like it becomes more like an event than just a fun thing to do as faction/whole side. 

1 hour ago, Bishopil said:

Why? Because it’s not really a deserved feed when you just nade debrief over and over. Ngl, I’m tired of seeing these RU leaders get wet when they nade a debrief before and after war. I can’t imagine how annoying it must be for the US leaders when they’re trying to get everyone quiet and give orders, then RU raids for the 100th time that day. 

As someone who's both got a raid feed with a gun and nades, getting a feed with a gun is so much more fun and satisfying then just suicide bombing the DB

Edited by DannKeb
i autist
57 minutes ago, DannKeb said:

-1 to first suggestion, +1 to first suggestion. Altough I haven't played in long this issue was around when I was still playing, people seeing like 3 RU outside of base and dismissing DB to ''defend'' the base. Having DB and Tryouts non-raidable is only good to stay clear of disruptions and allows people to actually have a DB without worrying of the whole room being naded. 

I can completely agree with having DBs and tryout non raidable or even just DBs because US is a cluster fuck after war, debriefs last mere seconds because we are so focused on not getting raped as we walk in to debrief or when we are actually trying to talk about war, DBs are always cut short or in a certain manner restrained. 
but a big -1 to the first idea because it’s more of a chore to go through that than anything at that point 

+1 to both, except maybe lower the staff rank requirement if possible.

2 hours ago, Bishopil said:

2. Rule change to where tryouts and Debrief cannot be raided. 

Why? Because it’s not really a deserved feed when you just nade debrief over and over. Ngl, I’m tired of seeing these RU leaders get wet when they nade a debrief before and after war. I can’t imagine how annoying it must be for the US leaders when they’re trying to get everyone quiet and give orders, then RU raids for the 100th time that day. 

This is so fucking true lmao. Poor US can't even hold a single DB after getting fucked in war without RU SOC raiding them every time. Feeds don't even mean anything at this point, they kind of lost their "value" ever since they allowed raids during DB. It might be a pain in the ass to enforce, but it's really needed right now. Good suggestion.

• Cringe 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1
1 hour ago, DannKeb said:

It feels like it becomes more like an event than just a fun thing to do as faction/whole side. 

That’s the point. Events should be rare and take the opposing side by surprise. Having it be an event means that leaders would theoretically plan the raid out more, and only strike when its beneficial. 

As it is now, it’s nothing like that. You just press u and tell RU to go to US base for a raid and you do it. It’s useless and nothing is actually gained. 

1 hour ago, DannKeb said:

As someone who's both got a raid feed with a gun and nades

Nice flex, now try doing it in war. 

29 minutes ago, Harris said:

big -1 to the first idea because it’s more of a chore to go through that than anything at that point 

It’s really not a chore to:

press y -> type @ can RU do a raid please? -> get an answer 

If it’s a chore for you to type then I don’t know what to tell you. Refer to my point above as to why asking permission from a T. Admin+ is important.

• Cringe 1
  • Haha 1

-1 to first one. The  current system is fine how it is. I don’t understand why restricting raids would be beneficial to US. I really couldn’t care less about feeds because my faction does RP-based raids more than muh feed raids. 

Regardless of that, you can send people out to raid watch to avoid any interruptions. It may be annoying but if you want US to improve, you need to give yourselves the room to talk about improvement.

2 hours ago, Bishopil said:

Why? Well maybe US keeps losing wars because nobody can actually state the problems that they face because they’re always preparing for some nades to slide under their feet.

Fair point. But there are other ways to communicate without getting everyone in one space. Sims and Separate are good ways to explain what went wrong in a more memorable way.

Im not gonna take a side on a the second one, but I think DBs should be raidable, if someone got in then it’s the fault of US or RU.

I was told that there was recently a rule implementation that there has to be some sort of DB and you have to take screenshot proof before you raid. Anyway, on to your points.

I agree with harris. -1 to the needing staff permission to raid. It would just be a hassle for both staff and players. Big fat +1 though to the no raiding debriefs and tryouts. Back on TaigaForest the rule was "You can NOT under any circumstance kill anyone inside a building". While i dont think we need this rule back in its entirety, something similar could be nice.

3 minutes ago, Bishopil said:

That’s the point. Events should be rare and take the opposing side by surprise. Having it be an event means that leaders would theoretically plan the raid out more, and only strike when its beneficial. 

As it is now, it’s nothing like that. You just press u and tell RU to go to US base for a raid and you do it. It’s useless and nothing is actually gained. 

I see raids as RP Events and I personally feel like staff should have as little part of it as possible, and therefore I'll still stand for the -1 of the first suggestion and +1 to the second one. 

4 minutes ago, Bishopil said:

Nice flex, now try doing it in war. 

I ment that as a way of telling people that raiding by just going in nading is much less fun and I kind of tried to encourage some people to try going for gun feeds/ raiding with guns than just running in blindly with nades. But I understand that was my fault and poor wording and trust me, there is no chance of me getting feeds in war cuz im too bad for that. Once again, mb didnt mean to come of as a ''flex'' 

• Friendly 1
5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The  current system is fine how it is. I don’t understand why restricting raids would be beneficial to US. 

I explained this already, refer back to the original post. Also, how is it fine?? Leaders raid every free chance they get and as said above, raids have lost their value. 

my faction does RP-based raids

Good joke.

if you want US to improve, you need to give yourselves the room to talk about improvement.

I’m an RU main first of all.

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

But there are other ways to communicate without getting everyone in one space. 

Secondly, post-war debrief is literally meant to discuss the success/pitfalls of the previous war. I don’t know why you would go have a sim session or some separate meeting to discuss this as individuals, instead of having the information given to the entirety of the nation. 

One other thing to note, if you have to change server traditions and worsen faction communication over a rule, then the rule probably needs changing. 

7 minutes ago, Koulit said:

It would just be a hassle for both staff and players. 

Not sure if you played back then, but I have no idea who you are so it’s likely not, but anyways:

I don’t know why you guys keep saying this. Refer back to what I responded to Harris with. Back then it wasn’t a “hassle” at all, and it wouldn’t be now. I don’t know what the “hassle” would be regardless? Asking permission in @ chat? 

3 minutes ago, br0ken said:

We started waves baby.  

Anywho I think the first suggestion which you would need permission to raid is better overall since the staff can spectate the entire raid to make sure no one is breaking any rules regarding raiding 

This guy gets it.

• Winner 1

I think the real sentiment behind the 'I don't want to ask for permission' is just a matter of losing the element of surprise. Someone is gonna ask, staff on the other side are gonna hear about it, metagaming is no longer an enforced rule, and before you know it the other base is totally locked down and ready to go before the raid even starts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If that is the case, just bring back the metagaming rule. If people are preemptively preparing for a raid and haven't seen an enemy raiding party themselves, easy warn.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, shrimp said:

other side are gonna hear about it

/pm 

You can press F4, look at the online staff members, then just PM anyone that’s a T. Admin+

Inb4 “that’s too much of a hassle” 

also pretty sure people are less concerned about the other side hearing about the raid, and more concerned about them being able to do it every 10 minutes. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
2 minutes ago, shrimp said:

I'm just saying that's something that used to happen with the 'ask staff' rule back on csdesert. It's a valid concern now that metagaming is no longer a rule.

It’s not really an ordeal of worrying that the other side will prepare, it’s more like:

”I want to raid at free will because I have nades/its boring 😞

2 minutes ago, Bishopil said:

”I want to raid at free will because I have nades/its boring 😞

Now this makes sense.To that I say, solo-raids don't really benefit anybody, and actual raids should require some type of planning other than 'Alright all my tacticals go to DB with your grenades' so there shouldn't be a single issue with having to ask staff at the same time. +1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines