Raiding

Ziggy

I have a counter suggestion:

Add a rule where raids may not be called until 10 minutes after war. This should allow for proper debriefing. I feel tryouts should be raid-able but not one after the other either. If I am correct, a new unwritten rule has been made where a DB must be called and ATTENDED in order to raid. The DB may be called through radio  however in order to preserve secrecy. Having a cool down period after war along with this new unwritten rule should eliminate the chance of raids being executed right after a war.

2 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

I have a counter suggestion:

Add a rule where raids may not be called until 10 minutes after war. This should allow for proper debriefing. I feel tryouts should be raid-able but not one after the other either. If I am correct, a new unwritten rule has been made where a DB must be called and ATTENDED in order to raid. The DB may be called through radio  however in order to preserve secrecy. Having a cool down period after war along with this new unwritten rule should eliminate the chance of raids being executed right after a war.

That’s only half of the suggestion. The other half is how raids aren’t a special tool that leaders can use anymore. Just read the replies above if you want more detail than that.

By the way, the rule is written. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil

Just got this charm example of an “RP raid”.

image0.png

In this case, the raid wasn’t even used to rescue raid or gain any sort of significant outcome. He literally just called raid as an excuse to mass the front gate lmao

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bishopil said:

That’s only half of the suggestion. The other half is how raids aren’t a special tool that leaders can use anymore. Just read the replies above if you want more detail than that.

Right, I did forget about that part.

I personally think that escalating the responsibility of executing raids up to staff is unnecessary and can cripple the role play aspect of raiding overall. Raiding is and should be executed as a means of rescuing a kidnapped ally or acquiring an object of interest, both of which are decisions that should be made by the higher ranking personnel of any faction. Having staff allow for permission and supervise the whole scenario ruins any form of immersion behind setting up and executing a raid. Think of it like this: a Captain gets kidnapped and needs to be rescued but either staff are absent from the server or they decline permission to raid. So now a potentially well planned and orchestrated raid becomes nothing more that a hostage/currency exchange or an execution due to lack of activity. Where is the fun in that? 

Another thing: there should also be some kind of underlying objective behind raiding besides massacring the opposing country. Maybe some kind of physical objective can be generated, such as a cache that needs to be blown up or a flag that needs to be stolen, or even a virtual objective can be implemented such as reaching inside of the SOC conference room, all of which add a little more to the raiding experience than just racking up a feed. Of course, to prevent exploitation, rules such as “raids must be started from outside of the enemy base” need to be enforced. These are some of the things that give players more things to do than just wait for war or slaughter/get slaughtered during a raid.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hatchet said:

I personally think that escalating the responsibility of executing raids up to staff is unnecessary and can cripple the role play aspect of raiding overall. 

The roleplay aspect of raiding? 

There isn’t any at the moment. Anyone who claims they do raids for “RP” then ends up just going for a feed is lying, which guess what, is basically most leaders. 

Raiding is and should be executed as a means of rescuing a kidnapped ally or acquiring an object of interest

—and it isn’t. Hate to break it to you, but this entire thread is based around that exact aspect.

I’ve been here for whats about to be four years. Rescue raids and “intel” raids were only prevalent during a short period of time where these rules were in place regardless. After that, they were rare and still are. Why? Because of the screenshot above. An SSO COL would rather nade a group of people and get the hostage executed than actually RP the rescue out. 

Having staff allow for permission and supervise the whole scenario ruins any form of immersion behind setting up and executing a raid. 

No it doesn’t. You don’t ask in OOC. You can just shoot a staff member a PM and have them agree via PM. I don’t know what you think would happen with staff present, but the only thing they would do is watch overhead and make sure none of the rules are broken in the process. 

—decline permission to raid. So now a potentially well planned and orchestrated raid becomes nothing more that a hostage/currency exchange or an execution due to lack of activity. 

What would be the point in kidnapping if you were just going to get raided every time? Over time, this mentality would cause the same paradox that happens now. 

Prepping for raids in DB = Prepping for raids when kidnapping

The US military would attempt negotiation first rather than going guns blazing. Not only that, but what happens when the kidnapee is in some cell and they see the advert and just execute him before anyone even gets past the gate? That wouldn’t be an effective rescue, right? 

underlying objective behind raiding 

Well, there is a suggestion subforum. Go wild.

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
3 hours ago, Bishopil said:

image0.png

In this case, the raid wasn’t even used to rescue raid or gain any sort of significant outcome. He literally just called raid as an excuse to mass the front gate lmao

Being in SSO I can tell you there were at least 5 of us there. Also some RU SOC factions do use raids to benefit them in some RP way. I know at least PDSS and SSO do. 

I also have a question. Since I have been back on the server I have been playing daily I have seen maybe 15 RU raids when US has only done 1 or 2. Why do the people on US just not raid. 

I have also hear rumors that US has started using Ranger Cave and a way to prevent any raid from happening during a DB and was wondering if it was true or not. 

Edit : I also don’t know how you plan on finding it so easy for a staff member to spectate a raid seeing as the only staff allowed to spectate are Admin+ making it impossible for a faction to be able to raid when they want to 

Edited by Prince
1 hour ago, Prince said:

Also some RU SOC factions do use raids to benefit them in some RP way. I know at least PDSS and SSO do. 

Ive seen videos of both these factions raid, Ive been in game when they happen, Ive seen it all. You don’t. 

Just the other day I was with Pencil in TS when we saw the SSO COL drop a feed by just nading a post-war DB. 

1 hour ago, Prince said:

Why do the people on US just not raid. 

Morale, numbers, leaders, etc. 

When PDSS have 50 members on Tactical, they’re going to raid. 

When RU outnumber US 2:1, they’re going to raid. 

I cant tell you the exact one cause of it, but I can tell you this. If this suggestion were to go through, there would likely be an even number of raid attempts from both sides. 

And the best part is:

they would carry weight to them; they would actually mean something.

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
9 minutes ago, Prince said:

Edit : I also don’t know how you plan on finding it so easy for a staff member to spectate a raid seeing as the only staff allowed to spectate are Admin+ making it impossible for a faction to be able to raid when they want to 

What? 

Not literally spectate one player at a time.

Staff would go invisible and watch it from above. Just like they used to. 

15 minutes ago, Bishopil said:

Ive seen videos of both these factions raid, Ive been in game when they happen, Ive seen it all. You don’t.

Did I mention I am in SSO?

15 minutes ago, Bishopil said:

What RP was gained, if I might ask? 

PDSS and SSO like to keep what their RP goals during a raid are classified for more of an RP experience in each SOC faction and I am not hear to leak it.

11 minutes ago, Bishopil said:

What? 

Not literally spectate one player at a time.

Staff would go invisible and watch it from above. Just like they used to. 

I have been told that no staff other than Admin+ are allowed to spectate, and to go invisible (unless being hid from lower staff) is a permission only granted to Admin+'s

21 minutes ago, Prince said:

I have also hear rumors that US has started using Ranger Cave and a way to prevent any raid from happening during a DB and was wondering if it was true or not.

🙂

Another question... Can I ask what US does for RP? I mean like after wars you guys kinda just sit in base, do tryouts, or sims. That's it. No US faction really has any designated RP events to do in between war time. A lot of the RU factions that do more RP scenarios improve during peace time instead of just expecting to get better from War 1 to War 2.

Edited by Prince
  • Like 2
  • Cringe 1
3 hours ago, Bishopil said:

image0.png

"Duo Raid" Had my entire faction hiding in their base while i distracted at front gate. Just cause your mad you died does not mean you run to the forums time and time again to complain, instead lets try talking about how US SOC can work out a way to make some enlisted raid watch in a tactical way while DB goes on and not let kids holding grenades ruin your day. The solution to every problem is not adding rules. RU has DB too instead while our 2GA talk and hold tryouts we hold front gates to insure we don't get feeded on. Good luck with the weekly sh- suggestions! 🙂

Edit: Raids happen on both sides, its one of the few things left other than kidnapping to do during peacetime, lets not try to ruin the little fun people have.

Ps. My tryouts get raided all the time, I say good raid and move on, maybe yall should too.

Edited by BuddenJoe
  • Like 2
  • Cringe 1
45 minutes ago, JoeBudden said:

"Duo Raid" Had my entire faction hiding in their base while i distracted at front gate. Just cause your mad you died does not mean you run to the forums time and time again to complain, instead lets try talking about how US SOC can work out a way to make some enlisted raid watch in a tactical way while DB goes on and not let kids holding grenades ruin your day. The solution to every problem is not adding rules. RU has DB too instead while our 2GA talk and hold tryouts we hold front gates to insure we don't get feeded on. Good luck with the weekly sh- suggestions! 🙂

Good thing you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

I wasn’t even there, and I didn’t die. Again, I’m an RU main. The point of this suggestion is to literally make it so raids have an rp aspect and aren’t done every two seconds.

Instead of training US to sit at front gate and watch the fucking woods, why don’t we train them into getting new classes and factions? Aka: tryouts

If you ask any enlisted on the server if they would rather sit in a watch tower rather than unlocking marksman, they’ll take the real training. 

45 minutes ago, Prince said:

PDSS and SSO like to keep what their RP goals during a raid are classified for more of an RP experience in each SOC faction and I am not hear to leak it.

I have been told that no staff other than Admin+ are allowed to spectate, and to go invisible (unless being hid from lower staff) is a permission only granted to Admin+'s

🙂

Im not too sure about the spectating thing, but if you find out, let me know. Otherwise the suggestion will remain the same.

And I have no idea about this ranger cave thing cause I’m an RU main. If they do, great! That means everything Budden just quoted me with means nothing because US are already watching entrances. 

You guys should coordinate your responses before posting. Otherwise, that’ll happen.

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, JoeBudden said:

and instantly ran to forums to make a rule change.

It’s no surprise the main culprit to the issue at hand is being passive aggressive and adding nothing important to the thread. Your decisions are yours, I guess.

And no, I didn’t run to the forums. This wasn’t even my idea. This issue got brought up by a friend of mine, so I thought, “you’re absolutely right!” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines