DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Raiding

Ziggy

yo ima just drop this here real fast... yes you are an RU main... you have already said it 10 times in this forums post alone... we get it.

8 minutes ago, Bishopil said:

Im not too sure about the spectating thing, but if you find out, let me know. Otherwise the suggestion will remain the same.

I have spoken to draggy before about spectating and he said no one under Admin is allowed to spectate period and the only person I have only seen ever go invisible is draggy to catch cheaters. One problem with going invis is that you still show up on the tab menu to all online just with no name and job. So if someone on RU OR US sees a random Admin go invisible when a war ends will immediately call the other side to lock down and prepare for a raid. Spectating is really only used for catching cheaters in war now. Seeing it out of war will be way to sus

The second an admin goes on that spectating thing or whatever it is. A raid attempt is going to be immediately known.

Edited by Prince
19 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Honestly this post sounds like you're butthurt. To have the audacity to suggest that we should raid less is kind of bullshit. Everyone here knows that you're calling out Joe and Bleach. Frankly if you're going to ask for something in forums make it formal, and don't call out people. You don't have enough time on the server as it has changed like all servers. You being an old player and not playing much, you only see the worst in it. The DB's you can literally run and not go afk. There for not getting sent to the sky, and if it pisses you off so much, get off. Because you're butthurt doesn't mean you can vouch for other people. It makes you look stupid.

Now get active and see the reality of it.

Well someone’s misinterpreting the thread lmao. I’ve been at college and on for only a couple hours each night, so uh, it’s not like I’ve been on LOA. 

You just calling me inactive is your only defense. If you want this to be formal, then treat it formally. What you just said contributes very little to the thread and doesn’t affect my opinion at all. 

Im gonna guess this is a TS gang up type of deal, but oh well. If you don’t want to lose your free kills, then say it in a manner that contributes literally anything to change my opinion. 

This is basically what you just said:

”The fact that you have the audacity to take away my ability to raid at any time I want is bullshit.” 

You see how that looks?  

One more thing: 

I don’t have to play seven days a week to know what’s going on. I play enough to see exactly what’s going on. I don’t care about you making assumptions about my playtime, but if you’re going to, then at least be accurate. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Bishopil said:

Again, I’m an RU main.

Fr? No way must be a different time zone. Anyways lets be less "passive agressive". The ideas you are suggesting take the entire "stealth" part of the raid completely out. What about when no staff Admin + is on? What about when the only T-Admins on are US and RU want to raid while they are sitting in a TS call with their other marines/army, what your suggesting works sure but under very particular scenarios. Instead let me be "useful" since I am the culprit, how about increasing the wait between raids or make a limit to how many raids per peacetime, that way you can ask any staff how many raids there have been. Or about about a time limit after war finishes to raid?

Edited by BuddenJoe
Just now, JoeBudden said:

Fr? No way must be a different time zone. Anyways lets be less "passive agressive". The ideas you are suggesting take the entire "stealth" part of the raid completely out. What about when no staff Admin + is on? What about when the only T-Admins on are US and RU want to raid while they are sitting in a TS call with their other marines/army, what your suggesting works sure but under very particular scenarios. Instead let me be "useful" since I am the culprit, how about increasing the wait between raids or make a limit to how many raids per peacetime, that way you can ask any staff how many raids there have been. Or about about a time limit after war finishes to raid?

These are all good suggestions and I thank you for having a change of mind.

Anyways, those suggestions would all be something I’d be open to, if you were to elaborate. 

The quickest way to solve this problem from my point of view was to revert it back to when raids meant anything. When raids were conducted for a nation’s gain. 

The issue I see in increasing raid times and all that, is that the same incentive to raid will lead to a continuation of the problem, but just delay it. Raids will be utilized for feeds and video clips, instead of RP.

This thread wasn’t made because of one or two people. It was made because of the incident in post war DB where I listened to the US leaders prepare for a raid rather than discussing their flaws and what they can do to win next time. Shortly after hearing this, I was messaged about it by a friend of mine and thought that it was a good idea.

RU, hop off your high horse because this thread isn’t about you. US do it to. I threw a comment about RU leaders getting wet when they nade a DB, only because they do it hell of a lot more than anyone else. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil

+1 for suggestion 2, it interrupts really the RP or flow of the tryouts or DB when some guy plays a soundboard and runs into DB with a nade in his hands. It also might leave a bad effect on people that have just joined the server.

and I’m kinda on edge about #1 though. Having perms from a T-Admin+ might not only not be able to happen if none or on but it might also take away RP. I do understand your reasoning for it though. So I’m going to have to -1 it.

• Winner 1
Just now, RegretTheManEater said:

I do understand your reasoning for it though. So I’m going to have to -1 it.

I appreciate your approach to the suggestion, thank you. 

I just want everyone to note that this rank of T. Admin in the suggestion can change. It can be lowered. That is just the default I went to because of the rule in the past. It didn’t seem to be a problem then, so I went with it.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Prince said:

Another question... Can I ask what US does for RP? I mean like after wars you guys kinda just sit in base, do tryouts, or sims. That's it. No US faction really has any designated RP events to do in between war time. A lot of the RU factions that do more RP scenarios improve during peace time instead of just expecting to get better from War 1 to War 2.

You say you’ve recognized that I’m an RU main and that you get it, but you keep typing responses like this. I can’t tell you what US mains do in the meantime because I usually play RU.

As someone who does, I can say that your comment is way over exaggerated. You guys are better at it way than US, but it’s not by a super significant amount. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil

Simple thing to add to the 'ask staff' clause to fix a lot of problems: When players are asking staff for a raid, they have to provide a reason, whether that reason be rescue, intel, etc. Kinda sick of seeing a 'EPIC FEED' thread in shitpost twice a week. 

• 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1
1 minute ago, shrimp said:

Simple thing to add to the 'ask staff' clause to fix a lot of problems: When players are asking staff for a raid, they have to provide a reason, whether that reason be rescue, intel, etc. Kinda sick of seeing a 'EPIC FEED' thread in shitpost twice a week. 

Yeah, this is exactly why you need the staff approval. Which I thought was implied cause

Why get staff approval in that case? When would they say no? 

35 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Everyone here knows that you're calling out Joe and Bleach.

But he didn't even mention their names once in the original post? It only got brought up because people started talking about factions instead of the actual suggestion. 

35 minutes ago, Prince said:

I have spoken to draggy before about spectating and he said no one under Admin is allowed to spectate period and the only person I have only seen ever go invisible is draggy to catch cheaters. One problem with going invis is that you still show up on the tab menu to all online just with no name and job. So if someone on RU OR US sees a random Admin go invisible when a war ends will immediately call the other side to lock down and prepare for a raid. Spectating is really only used for catching cheaters in war now. Seeing it out of war will be way to sus

The second an admin goes on that spectating thing or whatever it is. A raid attempt is going to be immediately known.

The staff will NOT be spectating a player, they will noclip in the sky while being invisible, this was already addresed but you didn't read I guess. Noclip is available to atleast Mod+ if they haven't changed it and tbh, the staff not being invisble shouldnt be a big factor since they're gonna be high up in the air. 

• 300 IQ 1

I don’t know if this was mentioned but personally the last time I saw any RP aspect in a raid was in CS desert when we kept stealing the green beans or when RU would break into US war room and “download data” and attempt to escape, if there was an actual RP scenario raids would be better and have more of a purpose then just slaughter as many people as you can

8 hours ago, Bishopil said:

Me again

Right so there seems to be a big issue with the current raiding system. I spent a few wars on US, when I noticed what the DB post-war was like.

Instead of actually discussing the war and how they could improve, they simply prepared for an incoming raid. One officer said a “scout” they sent out saw RU coming towards base, which was likely bullshit. 

1. Anyways, the suggestion here is to bring back the rule where you need permission from a T. Admin+ to raid before doing so. 

Why? Well maybe US keeps losing wars because nobody can actually state the problems that they face because they’re always preparing for some nades to slide under their feet. 

2. Rule change to where tryouts and Debrief cannot be raided. 

Why? Because it’s not really a deserved feed when you just nade debrief over and over. Ngl, I’m tired of seeing these RU leaders get wet when they nade a debrief before and after war. I can’t imagine how annoying it must be for the US leaders when they’re trying to get everyone quiet and give orders, then RU raids for the 100th time that day. 

Let me know what you think, and if you’re one of those leaders I mentioned, I would appreciate real feedback. I hope nobody -1s on the basis that they’re gonna lose their free 10 kills every so often. 

Going to Majorly Disagree with you here. 

-1 Number 1 because the past couple posts i seen about staff everyone ( I believe including yourself, correct me if i'm wrong) have been trying to lower the amount staff gets involved when RP can handle it. Its ridiculous in my eyes to make raids up to T.Admins, Because if a US has a t.Admin and RU doesn't we could never raid if they decide to be bias. Or what if staff decide to be lazy and not want to watch the raid, then we can't RP because someone else feels like it?

Number 2 +1 the Tryouts part because raiding tryouts is just plain annoying. DB's however there's no real point to stopping it, a raid takes 2-3 minutes max then just get on with it. IF US decide to worry about a raid instead of helping their soldiers ( Which they should  be doing during peacetime) that's on them.

4 minutes ago, AparhTurtle said:

Going to Majorly Disagree with you here. 

-1 Number 1 because the past couple posts i seen about staff everyone ( I believe including yourself, correct me if i'm wrong) have been trying to lower the amount staff gets involved when RP can handle it. Its ridiculous in my eyes to make raids up to T.Admins, Because if a US has a t.Admin and RU doesn't we could never raid if they decide to be bias. Or what if staff decide to be lazy and not want to watch the raid, then we can't RP because someone else feels like it?

Which is when you would make it so they have to stay on the staff job during the raid. Reinforce metagaming to avoid situations like that.

Edit: PS to everyone else I’m gonna reword the original post to make it more formal. Thank you Whiskey.

Edited by {GG} Bishopil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines