Jerr

In-game name: MARSOC CWO4 Jer
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:457313515
Staff members in-game name: Simone
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): STEAM_0:0:95270714
Date & Time of incident: 12/17/19 - 11:30 PM
Timezone: EST
Warn Reason: FailRP
What happened? (include any proof): I was warned for self-damage in a raid because I shot an RPG at a player.
Why should your warn be removed?: I believe the rule does not specify that self-damage can happen during peacetime. I have asked  TAdmin (Mikel) this 1 day ago and he confirmed that self damage does not apply in peace time due to the fact you do take damage. The staff member said that the rule is now being enforced and the last update to the rules was December 10th.

Edited by Jerrr
Just now, AndrewCiprioni said:

It does in fact count as self harm, this is against rules and is self damage.

A T-Admin told me and confirmed with me that it is not self-damage due to the fact you do take damage, and self damage is usually when you are in war and you do not take damage whitch is failure to rp.

4 minutes ago, Viva said:

I was the guy who reported him, here's the screenshot:

85228397891E1D1CAA65870E1435676FAABFDDA8

79 damage is a lot. It's still FailRP to shoot a rocket that close to yourself, whether it's war or not.

Idk if MRP is different, but did you use logs to report him? Or did this actually affect you in anyway.

9 minutes ago, Viva said:

I was the guy who reported him, here's the screenshot:

85228397891E1D1CAA65870E1435676FAABFDDA8

79 damage is a lot. It's still FailRP to shoot a rocket that close to yourself, whether it's war or not.

I never said I did not damage myself, I am saying that a T-Admin told me this was allowed and it is not specified in the rules. All I got was a "we are now enforcing this". There was no update to the MRP Rules as of lately and I did not know about "this rule".

8 minutes ago, Jerrr said:

I never said I did not damage myself

I didn't either. I'm just providing the screenshot for the person handling this appeal.

13 minutes ago, Jerrr said:

I am saying that a T-Admin told me this was allowed and it is not specified in the rules. All I got was a "we are now enforcing this". There was no update to the MRP Rules as of lately and I did not know about "this rule".

This is one of the many problems at hand. Not a lot of stuff is specified in the rules, therefore causing contradictions between staff. It's good that you appealed this, so that a precedent is set for future cases like this. 

• Like 1

It was during a raid and I don't wanna call out mikel but yes it is self damage it would be no different if it was war or not cause it's self damage regardless.... And ill ask Garnet to add that to the rules but isn't very legit to shoot a rpg near you 

Edited by Draggy2
10 minutes ago, Draggy2 said:

It was during a raid and I don't wanna call out mikel but yes it is self damage it would be no different if it was war or not cause it's self damage regardless....

From my understanding it is not clarified in the rules and it was confirmed by a T-Admin that you can self damage during peace time.  If it isnt in the rules it should not be a warnable offense unless the rules are updated. Self damage is a warn for when you do not take damage due not it being FailRP. However, I did take damage and no FailRP occurred, and my warn was for FailRP.

Edited by Jerrr
12 minutes ago, Jerrr said:

From my understanding it is not clarified in the rules and it was confirmed by a T-Admin that you can self damage during peace time.  If it isnt in the rules it should not be a warnable offense unless the rules are updated. Self damage is a warn for when you do not take damage due not it being FailRP. However, I did take damage and no FailRP occurred, and my warn was for FailRP

Ok and im an admin currently. Self damage is fail rp cause you don't damage yourself in a military rp scenario aka raids included. it isn't realistic. It is a failrp warns we don't have self damage warns, formerly anyone who was caught doing self damage was suppose to be given a fail RP warn.

• Winner 1