Silo Cheating Ban Appeal

Silo

Alright Silo, I appreciate that you put the appeal in and that we could talk about things from your point of view in TS. And I'll say that you were pretty calm and respectable in your approach to talk to me.

So in that same regard, i'll explain to you why I banned you, and why I feel that this is sufficient evidence for the ban.

First of all i'll say that the other admins and I did extensive testing with this spot to try and figure out how any bullets can go through a wall being that thick. We found that there is a very specific spot on the wall that can be shot through ( so not the entire wall ). It's extremely far-fetched for the spraying to have gone directly through that specific spot in the wall, while also managing to kill the victim exactly where they were. That's where both exploiting and hacking come in.

Now as for our conversation in TS, you came into the channel and gave us two different stories. You saw the clip before-hand.

The first story was that you peeked the corner of the tunnel wall, and shot him right then and there and that's how you got the kill. The second story was that kitty was shooting you, you were spraying trying to kill kitty, and accidentally shot the victim through the wall.

And again, having accidentally hit the one and only spot on that wall that you can shoot through, managing to kill the person who was strafing back and forth, and not kill the person you were intentionally spraying doesn't make any sense to me. That is all from my point of view on this whole thing. I'd gathered the opinions of the other Admins to justify my ban as well, so it wasn't just me deciding "im gonna ban this guy."

This isn't a witch hunt. Im not out to get you. Im trying to uphold the rules of the server.

Edited by Milton
  • Like 1
  • Cringe 22
  • Community Director

This topic had been unlocked. If it goes toxic either with unconstructive comments ("When responding to a report/appeal thread you must be directly involved to the situation, or have relevant information that could sway the final decision")  or Cringe Reaction Bombing ("Forum reactions must be used in a constructive manner") additionally "Use your common sense when appropriating your posts/responses." and "Hostile behavior is strictly forbidden".

Forums rules will be found here:

28 minutes ago, KittyCat said:

Now me and u were not fighting nor was i near u i was down in us area of tunnels shooting near the Tunnels to vil and got u

I was shooting someone else, and you were there. I died to a different GYSGT, I was also in the US area of tunnels semi basecamping. Also were you recording at the time?

Edited by dude
  • 300 IQ 1
32 minutes ago, dude said:

I was shooting someone else, and you were there. I died to a different GYSGT, I was also in the US area of tunnels semi basecamping. Also were you recording at the time?

I'm not sure if my response will be considered unnecessary or not, but Kitty was the one to kill you. As well as I believe they are talking about the same location, considering that tunnel is the US side headed towards Village (as a whole) before it splits.

If we're going to take Gamma's word and "verification" that you are telling the truth, then why is Kitty's word any different? Now I'm not saying that that should determine whether or not you should stay banned, but the statement "were you recording at the time?" just feels like you're implying that what Kitty had said was either false or unworthy without video evidence to back it up.

I can see this being accepted for "lack of evidence" because we lack video evidence of what happened on the other side of that wall. But the fact remains that you did kill someone through it, accident or not. Without your side of the story, the clip is highly suspicious and in my opinion is a pretty strong piece of evidence (which is why I understand the staff involved deciding on banning you in the first place)

--

For those confused, as well, staff had originally agreed that Silo should have been banned until he had shared his side of the story. The responses that Huskaii had collected reflect the opinions of the staff that were involved OR that were there when the conversation had taken place after the story was shared, which was after the ban was put in. Shit-talking the staff involved for "incompetency" is not helping the situation as I know that Kendal, Aidan, and Jim had spent hours yesterday both before and after the ban dissecting the situation and coming up to a conclusion; it wasn't a random decision that was left solely to Kendal.

Edited by Torch
  • Like 6
  • Informative 2

After a lot of speculation and debating, I had found in the original clip that as Redden is turning the corner and retreating to heal or whatever, Kitty (the person that kills Silo) is in frame for a second dbdda7c82139dd0fd969dae83e1a5787.png

Seeing this made me speculate. With the fact that after Redden bounds the corner there is significant time where Kitty could have pushed to kill Silo, Silo ran towards the boxes to try and heal or recover for a moment. With the inconsistencies in the spots of the cave that can be shot through, it's easy to see that kitty must have been pushing towards silo against the wall (like I show in the video below) and with how she is positioned, Silo by complete mistake wallbangs that cave wall while trying to kill Kitty. This is exactly what I show happens in the video that I made to debunk the event.

Fier stands in the exact spot that Redden was standing when he died in the video made as proof for the ban. I show the exact event I had in mind. Kitty pushing towards silo against the wall, Silo shooting at Kitty and LITERALLY 1 in a fucking million chance kills redden. This proves in my opinion (as the banning staff) without a shadow of a fucking doubt, that Silo is innocent and the kill on Redden was a complete accident. With this in mind, Silo should be unbanned as this case is an entire lucky accident.

• 300 IQ 5

Accepted

After a day and a half of testing, and the clip provided by Milton, the situation in question has been proven as unintentional. As a result, Silo will be unbanned. The clip clearly shows a marine in the corner(Assumed to be Kitty) who could have pushed up, and have engaged with Silo who then would shoot back and could have accidentally hit Redden through the wall. I can confidently say that the original clip has high doubt and is not sufficient enough to keep the ban.

@Gildarts Lock and Move

• Like 6
  • Winner 1