Money Printers

Dan Gardner

(This is essentially a copy-paste of a reply I posted in Garnet's recent announcement of the Economy Reset, posting here for higher likelyhood of community feedback/discussion in a more fitting section of the forums.)

A Standard Money Printer printed $10/30sec. It cost $100 and could not be repaired or upkeeped. It would last between 45 minutes-hour, at which point the display would give an error saying "BOARD FAILURE - ERROR 8903" basically meaning the board cannot be salvaged no matter what you do. Plain and simple, easy $1,100(max). Max # allowed per player was 4 at a time, for maximum profitability.

An Advanced Money Printer printed in between $20-$100/30 sec. It cost $2,000, and could be repaired with a new print spool costing $100, which would need to be administered every 15 minutes, 5 times, at which point the printer would break outright. Maximum profit $13,000 over a span of an hour and 15 minutes. (If you could keep them that long, as they will be a target for theft in raids) Maximum # allowed per player was 2, for balance and for the incentive to steal them in raids.

You could stop here, but there was another aspect to printers that made for a good activity for  a newly added job.

The Technician (without addition, players could just buy Repair Kits in the Entity menu)
Salary: $100/hour
Role: Legally sells printer Repair Kits for $100 each from a store. ILLEGALY goes to bases and repairs printers on demand for a higher price. (This is because normally law enforcement wouldn't try to incarcerate an innocent Computer Technician for selling a Counterfeiter parts for a standard printer. That would be absurd. But if Law Enforcement ever caught someone in the same position KNOWINGLY repairing illegal machines, the Technician would be arrested on sight.)

You could add more printers with buffed numbers, but VIP shouldn't = cash in my opinion.

• 300 IQ 1

+1, but spilq is right. However, I believe this eco reset will make the power difference between VIPs and users even larger, considering most perma players never buy gun shipments. I can't even remember the last time I bought gun shipments, but users will have to. The economy balance will be further skewed towards VIPs.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Informative 1
39 minutes ago, Cireland said:

+1, but spilq is right. However, I believe this eco reset will make the power difference between VIPs and users even larger, considering most perma players never buy gun shipments. I can't even remember the last time I bought gun shipments, but users will have to. The economy balance will be further skewed towards VIPs.

Honestly if it were up to me, perma guns wouldn't be a thing. In a perfect world shipments wouldn't be able to be banked (they would be dropped upon death as well), causing them to be a target for raid theft, along with printers. This would make raiding/defending more intense, as these would turn into investments that players would ultimately want to keep at all costs.

Unfortunately, the Garnet DRP community is for some reason infatuated with the pay to win model that has ruled over the server as long as I can remember. Hopefully CityRP doesn't fall to the same fate (if/when it becomes populated).

Edited by Dan Gardner
19 minutes ago, Dan Gardner said:

Honestly if it were up to me, perma guns wouldn't be a thing. In a perfect world shipments wouldn't be able to be banked (they would be dropped upon death as well), causing them to be a target for raid theft, along with printers. This would make raiding/defending more intense, as these would turn into investments that players would ultimately want to keep at all costs.

Unfortunately, the Garnet DRP community is for some reason infatuated with the pay to win model that has ruled over the server as long as I can remember. Hopefully CityRP doesn't fall to the same fate (if/when it becomes populated).

Perma weapons help fund the server

• 2 months later...