Minor change to the F4 Jobs menu

Guest proggy

Description:

The new f4 menu is good about saving resources, since it only shows you the model for the job you are highlighted on, rather than every model at once. However this has left us with a rather bland looking jobs menu that still misses some information like which jobs require Prestige and VIP. Here is an example photo. Keep note that several of these jobs require VIP and one of them shown requires Prestige 1 (Venom).

76f0622566831ef98ade1fd41fc64823.jpg

What I suggest adding would be the colors that the jobs show in the tab menu, VIP icons, and prestige info for the few classes that require it. Here's what I made real quick. Alignment and colors are no doubt going to be off.

RyNMgZ5.jpg

Reasoning: I think this would benefit the server because it displays more information, as well as allowing you to find jobs quicker if you know the colors that you're looking for. It looks less dull than our current menu.

Additional Information: One tip would be to maybe make the text inside the colored boxes for job population slightly larger, and if its a lighter color make the text for that black instead of white. (I only bothered changing staff on duty population to black, but others probably should have been changed too)

P.S. Now that job rules are completely moved away from the f4 menu, maybe we could add any commands that are relevant to the job you highlight appear above the model. New players don't know how to use the delivery job, as well as /hits for hitman, and police/mayor commands.

Edited by proggy
24 minutes ago, sbens said:

Colors would add clarity but why not just use screenshots of the actual playermodel, wouldn’t that make more sense?

Screenshots could work too. I know the f4 menu showing all the models simultaneously was pretty laggy, but I imagine screenshots of the models wouldn't be as bad.

I just based the colors around what shows up in the TAB menu 

704e0a5ab2d8c822ae516d0a5b3e04c0.png

+1

Not only would it fill up the kind of "blank" looking F4 menu, but it also shows to newer players what jobs are VIP and aren't, what jobs require prestige, what colors each job holds, and just a general nice tad of information for newer and veteran players alike.

• 2 months later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.

Edited by eXg-Buddha