Remove ability for the mayor to be wanted/warranted.

july

Description: The mayor should be unable to be wanted or warranted by civil protection.

Reasoning: I've been playing mayor a lot recently and there has been several occurrences where civil protection tried to rebel against me and started warranting me to bring down my base defense, run through fast-door's and leave holes that can be used for entrance past the lobby of the PD, because I refused to let them past the lobby area, which is completely within my rights as the mayor. It's a complete shit show, incredibly stressful, and shouldn't be able to be done in the first place.

Edited to include the fact that wanting yourself as mayor prevents you from being demoted on death, adding another reason to stop mayor from being wanted.

Additional Information: N/A

Edited by july
refer to last sentence in reasoning
4 minutes ago, july said:

because I refused to let them past the lobby area, which is completely within my rights as the mayor. I

No it isn't lmao. You literally just ratted yourself out 😂.

Honestly if we can't have staff on duty not be able to be wanted I doubt we'll be able to do it for the mayor.

-1 (priorities)

1 minute ago, ZachDLC said:

The rules state that I must let the Police Warden in the jails and the Mayor's Wife in my office. It's very commonly known that those are the only 2 jobs you must let past the lobby for any reason, neither of which I was referring to in that situation. Sorry for not explaining more thoroughly.

7 hours ago, ZachDLC said:

Honestly if we can't have staff on duty not be able to be wanted I doubt we'll be able to do it for the mayor.

-1 (priorities)

Not sure why you wouldn't be able to restrict someone from being arrested?

This is a bug that has been abused by Mayors to become "Invincible" aka not being demoted upon death. +1 for the removal of wanting the Mayor.

17 hours ago, ZachDLC said:

-1 (priorities)

Since when on earth has that not been allowed? The only two people who HAVE to be let in PD are Mayor and Warden. Not even the Chief is required to be let in. So says the rules for CPs, and has been an opinion from higher ups whose names I cannot remember currently. Either way, to the best of my knowledge, the Mayor has every right to deny any regular CPs access to the jail/PD.

1 hour ago, Cireland said:

Since when on earth has that not been allowed? The only two people who HAVE to be let in PD are Mayor and Warden. Not even the Chief is required to be let in. So says the rules for CPs, and has been an opinion from higher ups whose names I cannot remember currently. Either way, to the best of my knowledge, the Mayor has every right to deny any regular CPs access to the jail/PD.

18 hours ago, july said:

The rules state that I must let the Police Warden in the jails and the Mayor's Wife in my office. It's very commonly known that those are the only 2 jobs you must let past the lobby for any reason, neither of which I was referring to in that situation. Sorry for not explaining more thoroughly.

He's correct in his assumption. I thought he meant being a hermit in pd and not having anyone else whatsoever 

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

-1 It's all part of the RP. If someone doesn't want you to be mayor they should be able to do so.

+1, but as Zach said, priorities come first. 

I don't quite know about that one. It's FailRP to arrest the mayor, as you cannot arrest fellow cops. Unless the mayor was money printing, selling meth, raiding, or commiting another "criminal" action, why would the mayor need to be arrested?

2 hours ago, Toast said:

-1 It's all part of the RP. If someone doesn't want you to be mayor they should be able to do so.

wdym Its apart of the RP? It is the opposite, it is FailRP to warrant any CP, Including the mayor. +1 to the suggestion.

Also if people don't want you as Mayor, shouldn't they just PD Raid?

Edited by Kicks
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Ark3 said:

if the mayor is breaking the rules he set. The police should be able to jail him

This a GMOD DarkRP server. You can't expect everything to be up to real life standards. In a practical stand-point, if there is a "Weapons | AOS" law, and the PD is getting raided, then the Mayor can't defend himself without being arrested immediately after? It makes no sense. Think before you post (not trying to be toxic, just a reminder).

• 2 months later...