Vega Enforcer weapon swap.

Gamma

• The Garnut
13 hours ago, AparhTurtle said:

+1, i think all soc factions need an upgrade, especially tier 1s (vega). there needs to be more excitement to join soc factions then just the title. Guns need to be significantly improved in soc factions.

13 hours ago, RegretTheManEater said:

+1 I’ve used the PKM for a bit and it’s the same if not worse then the M60 which is a BASE faction gun. I believe it had a DMR before it was changed and that was quite good, but bringing back the Veresk would be beneficial especially for the Tier 1 faction. Although I feel like it should be given a shotgun it makes a lot of sense to give it an SMG or at least a close quarters weapon.

Hate to disagree, but i don’t think that players who are already at an advantage deserve better guns for being... at an advantage? Your weapon should not be better than that of the entry faction. More attachments? Sure. But not higher stats.

• 300 IQ 2
  • Agree 3

Vega's specialization is probably the HEART of the reasoning to accept this suggestion or not.  While I might have identified what would be the deciding factor, it isn't that simple; let's take a look at the heart of the suggestion in general.  The orthodoxy, of not just Vega but, of every faction would be in question.  If you can't see what I mean, look at this question:

1. Is it unorthodox to give a faction essentially TWO operator/assault whitelists?
                       -This questions what,the community as a whole mainly staff), as to how much control they think each faction should have over their whitelists. In other words, specifically for this instance; "Is it acceptable to leave it up to the actual faction members to have dictation for what is done with the whitelist?"

To answer the question personally, I do not think that Vega should get another SMG like the Veresk; however, it would be cool to see something changed with the PKM itself or the weapon the class has.  
I would like to see a suggestion for a different weapon or even a medkit.  That's what Rangers did.  But I digress and leave this with a -1 on the Veresk, because I believe it to be unorthodox for a long range faction to have two SMG whitelists.

7 hours ago, Garnet said:

Hate to disagree, but i don’t think that players who are already at an advantage deserve better guns for being... at an advantage? Your weapon should not be better than that of the entry faction. More attachments? Sure. But not higher stats.

Before I +1 or -1 this, I just want to clarify, wasn’t the Veresk just a reskinned FMG9 with one more attachment and a different model? Or am I getting that mixed up with another gun

24 minutes ago, Godfather said:

1. Is it unorthodox to give a faction essentially TWO operator/assault whitelists?
                       -This questions what,the community as a whole mainly staff), as to how much control they think each faction should have over their whitelists. In other words, specifically for this instance; "Is it acceptable to leave it up to the actual faction members to have dictation for what is done with the whitelist?"

To answer the question personally, I do not think that Vega should get another SMG like the Veresk; however, it would be cool to see something changed with the PKM itself or the weapon the class has.  
I would like to see a suggestion for a different weapon or even a medkit.  That's what Rangers did.  But I digress and leave this with a -1 on the Veresk, because I believe it to be unorthodox for a long range faction to have two SMG whitelists.

I don't think Vega is a long range faction. Yes we have a sniper but most of the time we're up close on objectives fighting CQC. The Veresk is a medium range weapon with high damage but high recoil while the SV-98 is a sniper (but at the moment dog useless) More or less we are a closer range or medium range faction DUE to the PKM. We have more CQC weapons than we do long range and the playstyle of most Vega are up close in the objective. But yes we do get into long range fights when the time allows. But most of the time Vega is meant to support other factions that can't hold an objective by themselfs. Now I would like to see the Veresk back maybe replacing the AS VAL as well but the PKM in my mind needs to go. Putting RU's Best faction (not trying to downgrade any other RU factions) in a single place bipoded makes no sense to me. I know the argument with the windows on Vill are great bipods but really it's exposing the most vulnerable area (the head) and allowing you to get hosed down from farther away. May this be from a sniper or just someone with an AR. Bipods heavily restrict playing and the arguement that some people are great with Bipoded LMGs doesn't fit with Vega. Our factions is KEEN on constantly moving around and being unpredictable. To be forced to stay in one areas completely negates the faction as a whole. 

7 hours ago, Garnet said:

I don't want our guns to be stupidly overpowered or better than any other base or soc faction. I want a gun that fits with the play style of the faction allowing us to stay mobile on objectives and rotate with speed. The Veresk back on V3 all the way to Delta was terrible at medium to long range but could hold it's own in CQC. The weapon didn't hold itself up, you still needed to aim with it and mostly aim for the head since it didn't do as much damage as most ARs during the time. The Veresk is like the FMG. Get up close and you're golden but go further than maybe 30 feet and you're dealing 2 damage a shot. The AS VAL on the other hand rewards you for going into medium range fights where others aren't as prepared. the AS VAL excels in medium ranged combat due to it's higher damage and it's clear sights. 

5 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

Before I +1 or -1 this, I just want to clarify, wasn’t the Veresk just a reskinned FMG9 with one more attachment and a different model? Or am I getting that mixed up with another gun

More or less yeah it was an FMG with a barska sight but with more hip spread and pretty much the same firerate. 

Edited by Gamma

+1
I spoke with Gamma, and he elaborated on the application of each weapon compared to each other.   So, in addition to the PKM being awful, the addition of the Veresk would not apply much difference in principal as having another primary.   The effective range of Veresk and the ASVAL are the reasons why the classes won't be the same in principal.   The Veresk having much more damage drop-off, and the VAL with more range.

Edited by Timid
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • 3 months later...