Keypad Suggestion

Toast

Keypad Initial Delay  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this?

Recently it has come to my attention that there is nothing in the Rules about Keypad Initial Delay Length. This leaves the option open for interpretation by whoever uses it which could get out of hand quickly. For example, someone could have their base set to a longer hold length, such as 20 seconds, and the raider could get confused and leave or report the Base Owner for Failbase. I think that before this could get out of hand we should put some clear rules in place stating what is allowed for these keypads.

My idea for the Rule:

Keypads Initial Delay may NOT be set higher than 3 Seconds long

I feel like if it is anymore than 3 Seconds bases could become almost unraidable.

Edited by Toast
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Toast said:

Recently it has come to my attention that there is nothing in the Rules about Keypad Initial Delay Length. This leaves the option open for interpretation by whoever uses it which could get out of hand quickly. For example, someone could have their base set to a longer hold length, such as 20 seconds, and the raider could get confused and leave or report the Base Owner for Failbase. I think that before this could get out of hand we should put some clear rules in place stating what is allowed for these keypads.

My idea for the Rule:

Keypads Initial Delay may NOT be set higher than 3 Seconds long

I feel like if it is anymore than 3 Seconds bases could become almost unraidable.

100% +1, I’ve had a couple instances like these. I raid a base and report thinking the keypads aren’t correctly set up just to find out i must wait 5 seconds. This needs to be fixed, honestly i believe there should be no delay at all, this is because raiding should be a fast pace Role play scenario, if a person leaves their base and you have 2-5 minutes to raid before they get back, u don't want to wait 3+ seconds to start keypad cracking again.