Stork - Staff Application

Soappppp

In-game name: Stork, used to be Soap. ( Included Soap because some people commonly address me as such ) 
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 17. 18 in 13 days.
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:168017376
Warns: According to the game, 0. But i've had multiple warns that haven't been active for well over several months if i'm correct. 
Timezone: EST.
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | 75R RRC SGM Lancelot has played for 773:40:06. 
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes.
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes.
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] N/A ( Didn't ask, if you wan't reply if you wish to be added )
Past experiences as staff: [Optional] GG T-Mod during 2017 Era. No other experience on any servers on GMOD. I've never had any real interest in staffing on any other servers. I also probably wouldn't count this as an entirely amazing experience, as I resigned from the server about a month or so after. I was due for promotion, but denied it and resigned. 
How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I am well aware that at the start of my staffing experience I will be focusing on in-game sits and reports. As well as dealing with other small things. However, I want this to grow and allow myself to actually promote a serious and beneficial role to the staff team/the server. I have expressed  an interest in trying to benefit the community, especially RU-US relations. With the current climate of the server, I see RU-US players clash heads over the smallest situations; simply because they're on opposing teams. I see the both sides as a SOLE community, both countries each have wants and needs that should be addressed. Things that range from class weapon changes/tweeks, to how the faction operates. My main goal is to provide more of a bridge between the countries overtime and allow RU/US players to reduce the toxicity between the countries. I'm well aware this isn't something a sole individual can provide and change alone. I want to help bring this mentality across staff members, as I have with a few individuals. ( Can be named if need-be ).  

Besides connecting more players together, I also have some interest in providing more staff impacts with factions. We've seen recently where staff members have to step in and remove faction leaders because situations get progressively worse. I know the server shifted overtime from more staff involvement in factions to just letting factions run themselves into the ground if need-be. I personally would like to help shift some of this, and allow staff members to step in before the faction runs itself down, and allow them to HELP the leader improve the faction. Not just remove the leader and wipe the faction. These are some pretty vague points, but if you're willing to discuss with me in TS I can shine some more light on these topics and allow myself to be more specific. I just want to keep this down to the main points, and give an insight. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: I was previously banned for 2-3 months by phantom during  2017. I came on during  a summer day about 4 months or so after I quit, and proceeded to MassRDM. I owned up to this situation after a while and I believe me and Phantom had a discussion on what happened and how my behavior was. He gave me a chance and I proved myself over time, climbing to LtCol in a faction. My behavior has 100% changed since then, and I have multiple people from that ERA that can attest to this. I can 100% understand why this might sway some decisions. If you wish, i'd recommend asking the person that banned me at the time, Phantom; if my behavior has changed, as he's the one who banned me. 
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Sometime in 2017 on the old-forums. I tried to use the "Wayback Machine" to find the exact time, but I was unable to access the website. 
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I typically work randomly through the week, however with my current school from 8:55 - 10:45, I normally only work around 20 hours a week. I normally have time to staff from 11 AM EST - 10 PM EST during the week on days i'm free. I typically work 4 days a week, leaving time to staff, as well as I normally get off work around 8:30. Which allows me to have time in the evenings when I get home. 

Edited by Soappppp
Color/Spelling Issue
  • Like 4
  • Toxic 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

+1

Ok, Stork/Soap is a veteran. There has not been a day were we've been able to bond over missing the old days of Garnet. While he does have very little staffing experience, he has only ever staffed on GG. I believe that it is for the better too include Stork to the staff team. Hes kind, helpful, and would be a great face to introduce new people.

• Like 1

+1 Support

All my interactions with Stork have shown me that he is very competent and mature. He is accepting the fact that he was banned almost 3 years ago and I believe with his current attitude to the server shows that he made an honest mistake and wants to mend that. He shows dedication to the server and can make lasting impressions on people who he has helped.

• Like 1

I've known stork a little while now, since I came to US and started playing GB i've known him to be the kind of guy that's A. Funny, and B. Would make a great staff member. While he isn't staff currently, he's never afraid to voice his opinion on something we might be talking about in the TS (staff wise). He also takes the rules pretty seriously from the time that i've known him. May have a short temper for getting Domed by the CZ, But don't we all? With Stork being an older player, and a current player he knows a lot about the community as it is. 

Stork is overall a great guy, a good friend, and a competent member of the server. All of which leads me to a phat +1

Good luck on the app Soap man!

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

Contributes a significant amount to the community, always pushing ideas and suggestions forward to improve things often over looked or deemed controversial. I've known Stork for a very, very long time, not just from my recent time with Rangers. Over the years since csdesert, Stork has matured an exceptional amount, and proven time and time again to be a valuable asset to the community in recent history. 

I'd also like to state that staff members, or people going through the application process don't really have to be known on both sides of the aisle, as it's really just not in the nature of the server for that to happen. Stork puts in a significant amount of work in his faction and the community as a whole benefits, as should all people applying for a staff position. If a person needs to be known by every current player of the community to carry out the duties of a staff member, that is purely an unreasonable requirement in most cases. 

Anyways, +1.

• Like 1
  • Community Director
7 hours ago, digon said:

-1 not enough time on server

Warned. 

They do meet the requirements, next time type more than 5 words as a response, or use a reaction.

----

+1 - You've been a long time member of this community, and though I do wish you spent more time getting to know RU and it's players; you are most certainly active. You put in a lot of work on US and it's noticed, you're always professional when you report people. I would love to work with you on the staff team. Good luck.

• Like 1

Soap is a gamer who knows his shit. He hasn't been as active in the community until recently, but he dates back years and knows how MRP servers operate, how factions should run, etc.  Although he may not have as much interaction with RU players, I think that barely matters.

Of course if you're going to decide to main a faction in one country, without being staff, it would make sense to just work on your side and ser what you can improve just as a user. I think the fact that he is wanting to be staff shows that he has the ambition and is ready to work more with the RU side. 

+1

• Like 1

1+

My interactions with Stork has been good so far, he seems mature, capable of being a staff , doesn't mess around and made a great application. Just because he doesn't interact with RU that doesn't mean that he is incapable of doing sits and other staff duties. I feel like he would be a great addition to the staff team and shouldn't be denied for a simple reason such as not interacting with a side. I would also assume if he gets accepted, under his time of being a staff he would get to interact more with RU.

Edited by Kruger
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, PraetorDon said:

I don't really interact with you all that much, I know of you  as a Ranger, but that's pretty much it. I feel this is a common point made by RU mains though.

Feel free to contact me and discuss how you want to lower the toxicity between countries, as I'm open to changing my opinion.

However, if Milton thinks you'd be a good staff member, I think you have a pretty good chance, regardless of my opinion. Best of luck!

-1 Stated above

Ok now I’m a forum and TTT guy but I used to play MRP and I saw you a lot but not generally playing the same side. You are generally in TS when I am which is most of the time and I think that you, despite our opinions on most things conflicting, are active enough on forums for me to deem you an active and supporting pillar of the community. +1, the only reason I have to not +1 is actually cause I’ve never actually talked to you, but I think you can handle staff.

+1

I'm not an MRP player anymore, but I've seen your forum activity, talked to you on TeamSpeak, and have seen your maturity. You present yourself very well, and seem to be level headed and intelligent. Not to mention that shrimps, a member I have a lot of respect for, seems to have a lot of good to say about you. Good luck! 

• Friendly 1