SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:87975243
Staff members in-game name: Stork
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): i dont exactly know
Date & Time of incident: 24/03/2020
Timezone: New Zealand time
Ban Reason: MassRDM
How long were you banned for?: 2 weeks
Proof of Ban:  http://prnt.sc/rmyi0v
What happened? (include any proof): WARDEN and i were in the spawn room and he was joking around and killed me i thought of this as a joke and killed him back he then killed me again and we started joking around but first of all he told me Consentual RDM is allowed
Why should your ban be removed?:  i was lied to and i didnt inteninally open fire on people

2 minutes ago, DuckyRU said:

Consentual RDM is allowed

I never said that but I do feel as though it was a pretty clear misunderstanding so I’m going to give you a +1 because I have a shitty mic so it might of cut out and said consensual RDM is allowed when I was saying it wasn’t 

Hey Ducky! Sorry you feel wronged by the ban, but I explained to you in the sit that Consensual RDM is still RDM. As 0zzy quoted, 

24 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

Disclaimer: it is your responsibility to read and abide by our server rules, failure to do so may result in a punishment.”

This is a majority of the time your responsibility. The only time I let this slide is whenever i'm dealing with new players who make a simple mistake. In your case, you are a player who has played long enough to understand how our rules function. In the sit, you furthermore admitted the MassRDM and stated you were sorry. I understand you're sorry, but the explanations you provided seemed like poor excuses. It's unfortunate it had to be you, but since you were in fact reported, I had to go through with the sit regardless. 

40 minutes ago, DuckyRU said:

he was joking around and killed me i thought of this as a joke and killed him back he then killed me again and we started joking around

Irresponsbility is at your fault AND Wardens fault. Warden did not go without punishment in this situation, he was explicitly told that if continued a punishment was going to be pushed towards him as well. What I don't like is how you state Warden killed you multiple times. Warden killed you once. 

https://imgur.com/a/ImedMK3

In the screenshot, we see Warden kill you once. I assume it was a flat out RDM, however it was not reported and as such, was not going to be dealt with. ( Dealt with as in warning/jailing him, he was given a strict verbal! ) We can also see you get 3 kills within the allocated time-span of 5 minutes. Therefore, I had to go through with the ban. Warden is in the wrong for killing you at ALL, but retaliating with a MassRDM is unacceptable. I understand your frustration, but thankfully that's what staff are here for. Do /report next time and WE will deal with it. 

However, you state:

43 minutes ago, DuckyRU said:

he told me Consentual RDM is allowed

Warden holds no grounds to tell you what IS and ISN'T allowed. IF this did happen it is still your responsibility to know what the rules are, and report Warden accordingly. Also, a video of him saying this would be greatly appreciated! As we can't just accept your story as 100% truth!

Given the proof and statements made, I think the ban is 100% just, however, it's not my choice whether or not the ban is lifted! I will say this, the RDM wasn't with malicious intent, but it was irresponsible. At this point, its up the higher staff members. Goodluck!

• Friendly 1
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

One thing I don't get is why we treat consensual RDM as the same as regular RDM when it comes to punishments. Obviously I understand why there is the need to have punishments for it, but I don't think the punishments should be the same "harshness" as a regular RDM when the actual RDM isn't affecting anyone other than the people who "consented" to said RDMs.

All this rule does is ban dedicated players who didn't know better for two weeks. I might get shit for this, but I don't think the punishments should be the same if the RDMs were consensual. At most it should be a 1-2 day ban for "Mass RDM" if it was consensual.

You did break the rules Ducky, so with the current rules I doubt you'll get unbanned. However I think the punishments for this should be looked into and discussed further.

Edited by PrisonNightmare
  • Disagree 2

There was a similar situation to this one in the past. 

With this relating to the past appeal and it being denied I would still believe that consensual RDM is still RDM. Along with that if you have any proof of stork "lying" to you about the rules then please share if so. Regardless, I highly doubt that he didn't directly tell you that consensual RDM would not be RDM.

-1, No rules have changed recently making consenual RDM not RDM. Also highly doubt that stork would lie to someone about a server rule in any circumstance  

5 hours ago, PrisonNightmare said:

One thing I don't get is why we treat consensual RDM as the same as regular RDM when it comes to punishments. Obviously I understand why there is the need to have punishments for it, but I don't think the punishments should be the same "harshness" as a regular RDM when the actual RDM isn't affecting anyone other than the people who "consented" to said RDMs.

All this rule does is ban dedicated players who didn't know better for two weeks. I might get shit for this, but I don't think the punishments should be the same if the RDMs were consensual. At most it should be a 1-2 day ban for "Mass RDM" if it was consensual.

You did break the rules Ducky, so with the current rules I doubt you'll get unbanned. However I think the punishments for this should be looked into and discussed further.

I dont agree with this, If consensual rdm is indeed allowed every one who masses or rdms will say "Oh, it was consensual" therefore its gonna fuck up the server in a very bad way. I know ducky was just having fun and giggles with his homies but warden reported him. And as stork said ducky may be young but he has played this server for a while

Its kind of a controversial topic and I would've done the same if I was stork, -1

Also I would like to add something
This was not consensual rdm because if it was truely that warden wouldnt have reported him, If I kill kruger or stork or any of my homies they woudlnt report me if it was "consensual" 

Edited by Lark
  • Disagree 2
4 hours ago, Lark said:

I dont agree with this, If consensual rdm is indeed allowed every one who masses or rdms will say "Oh, it was consensual" therefore its gonna fuck up the server in a very bad way. I know ducky was just having fun and giggles with his homies but warden reported him. And as stork said ducky may be young but he has played this server for a while

Its kind of a controversial topic and I would've done the same if I was stork, -1

Also I would like to add something
This was not consensual rdm because if it was truely that warden wouldnt have reported him, If I kill kruger or stork or any of my homies they woudlnt report me if it was "consensual" 

I'm not saying that we shouldn't punish consensual RDM, I am saying that the punishments for consensual RDM shouldn't be just as extreme as regular cases of RDM.

If Warden reported him for RDM then obviously that wouldn't be considered consensual, and the ban should stick. But what confuses me is how according from Ducky, Warden was also RDMing back and it doesn't appear like he was banned AFAIK. 

7 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

But what confuses me is how according from Ducky, Warden was also RDMing back and it doesn't appear like he was banned AFAIK. 

I normally don't respond twice to a post like this, but what you said was addressed in my response. Warden killed Ducky once, then Ducky killed Warden 3 times. 

10 hours ago, Soappppp said:

What I don't like is how you state Warden killed you multiple times. Warden killed you once. 

As seen here. ^
Also:

8 hours ago, Redacted said:

Along with that if you have any proof of stork "lying" to you about the rules then please share if so. Regardless, I highly doubt that he didn't directly tell you that consensual RDM would not be RDM.

In the appeal he's stating that Warden was the one saying consensual RDM is acceptable. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Soappppp said:

In the appeal he's stating that Warden was the one saying consensual RDM is acceptable. 

I just want to say as I have addressed this before I never said that consentual RDM is okay In fact I said the opposite but I think my crappy mic might of cut out so it might of said consentual RDM is okay Instead of what actually happened which was me saying consentual RDM is NOT okay

• Cringe 1
12 hours ago, Soappppp said:

Hey Ducky! Sorry you feel wronged by the ban, but I explained to you in the sit that Consensual RDM is still RDM. As 0zzy quoted, 

This is a majority of the time your responsibility. The only time I let this slide is whenever i'm dealing with new players who make a simple mistake. In your case, you are a player who has played long enough to understand how our rules function. In the sit, you furthermore admitted the MassRDM and stated you were sorry. I understand you're sorry, but the explanations you provided seemed like poor excuses. It's unfortunate it had to be you, but since you were in fact reported, I had to go through with the sit regardless. 

Irresponsbility is at your fault AND Wardens fault. Warden did not go without punishment in this situation, he was explicitly told that if continued a punishment was going to be pushed towards him as well. What I don't like is how you state Warden killed you multiple times. Warden killed you once. 

In the screenshot, we see Warden kill you once. I assume it was a flat out RDM, however it was not reported and as such, was not going to be dealt with. ( Dealt with as in warning/jailing him, he was given a strict verbal! ) We can also see you get 3 kills within the allocated time-span of 5 minutes. Therefore, I had to go through with the ban. Warden is in the wrong for killing you at ALL, but retaliating with a MassRDM is unacceptable. I understand your frustration, but thankfully that's what staff are here for. Do /report next time and WE will deal with it. 

However, you state:

Warden holds no grounds to tell you what IS and ISN'T allowed. IF this did happen it is still your responsibility to know what the rules are, and report Warden accordingly. Also, a video of him saying this would be greatly appreciated! As we can't just accept your story as 100% truth!

Given the proof and statements made, I think the ban is 100% just, however, it's not my choice whether or not the ban is lifted! I will say this, the RDM wasn't with malicious intent, but it was irresponsible. At this point, its up the higher staff members. Goodluck!

ok i understand

: (

16 hours ago, BINLADINHOE said:

I never said that but I do feel as though it was a pretty clear misunderstanding so I’m going to give you a +1 because I have a shitty mic so it might of cut out and said consensual RDM is allowed when I was saying it wasn’t 

actually yes i believe it did cut out yeah sorry i think i missheard

16 hours ago, PrisonNightmare said:

One thing I don't get is why we treat consensual RDM as the same as regular RDM when it comes to punishments.

Because consensual RDM leads into it's own list of problems. Before staff started heavily enforcing Consenual RDM as RDM, faction members (myself included) would run around base killing one another during peacetime for shits and giggles. But eventually it leads to newer players that don't understand that it's between the faction members, RDMing people thinking that it is okay. It's better in the long run.

Can't tell you how many times I would have to take a sit where someone that was RDMing his friend, reported a random new player for joining in. That kind of thing is why consensual RDM is treated as regular RDM. Now, given the nature of Consensual RDM maybe the Managers could discuss changing the term for Consensual RDM to CDM or something, but really the punishment should stay as is.

Now as for Ducky, I like you, you're a funny guy. But you still broke the rules my dude, and you're an old enough player now to understand the rules around this kind of thing. So come back when your ban is up, and remember the rules. Try not to get banned for this kinda thing again.

Edited by Kendal
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 1