Better 501st Specialization Improvement

Deeko

Currently the 501st breacher class has a shotgun that isn't very effective even from half way across the bunks and their only other option is a dc-15 side arm pistol.  If the breacher class were to be appealing, they need better equipment.  Each battalion has specialty units that attract people (104th gets flamethrowers, 212th gets jetpacks and rocket launchers, 41st get snipers and cloaking, 91st have speeders) however, the 501st has nothing of the sort.  If our specialization was intended to be close quarters combat, we fail at that with the breacher class simply because our weaponry is so sub-par (shotgun does 20 damage each, but the spread is so bad you can only land 1-2 shots from 5-7m away).  I have a few propositions to improve the breacher class.

1) Give the breacher class grenades
2) Give the breacher class the grenade launcher (tfa_grenade)
3) Give the breacher class thermal detonator
4) Give the breacher class the clone minigun (chaingun_servius), its more accurate than the z-6 rotary blaster cannon
5) Give the breacher class SLAMs
6) Give the breacher class HL2 Grenades
7) Give the breacher class shields

Also for Torrent Company, there isn't really any appeal to the class other than the uniform.  Perhaps TC can be boosted with grappling hooks.
1) It wouldn't be too OP or game breaking
2) 212th has jetpacks, I feel this would allow us to recruit better
3) TC is an elite company (run by Phantom), so i feel it would be rare and improbable that people would abuse them

For the 501st Commander role (Rex) I feel it would be more fitting for the character to have dual DC-17s, as Captain Rex in every Clone Wars show is seen using them.

• Agree 4
3 hours ago, Deeko said:

1) Give the breacher class grenades
2) Give the breacher class the grenade launcher (tfa_grenade)
3) Give the breacher class thermal detonator
4) Give the breacher class the clone minigun (chaingun_servius), its more accurate than the z-6 rotary blaster cannon
5) Give the breacher class SLAMs
6) Give the breacher class HL2 Grenades
7) Give the breacher class shields

I hope you don't think ALL of this should be added to the class. I could see the addition of shields, maybe grenades.

3 hours ago, Deeko said:

Perhaps TC can be boosted with grappling hooks.

I actually think this is a super cool idea, would be interesting to see it implemented.

The 501st battalion definitely does not have any real incentive to join. They are a very basic battalion an addition of some of these would bring them up to standards for sure.

+1

Edited by Vaelex
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, Vaelex said:

I hope you don't think ALL of this should be added to the class. I could see the addition of shields, maybe grenades.

I actually think this is a super cool idea, would be interesting to see it implemented.

The 501st battalion definitely does not have any real incentive to join. They are a very basic battalion an addition of some of these would bring them up to standards for sure.

+1

I wasn't implying all haha I was just giving ideas

• 2 weeks later...

Want to keep 501st as the breacher battalion, not sure about adding more since Aperature already has thermals. However, if you want to look through the Reworked weapon pack and suggest a weapon to be added to either your Tier classes or breacher class, add it here and we'll take a look at it. The DP-24  (or DP-23, whichever one is the LMG type gun) would work well for 501st I think. There is also a shotgun in the pack, problem is it has some missing textures on it if players are willing to forgive that.