Baiting Rules

Endemic_Zed

Description:

I would like to see at least some kind of rule against baiting players, such as baiting them into a base so that you may kill them or tricking players into giving money. I know many different things that would be considered baiting are seen as simply failRP, but I would like to see some clearer definitions of what can be considered baiting, as well as some punishments for it. As it is a very vague issue, muhc like failRP, I would just like to see that new players aren't being taken advantage of by our veteran players.

Reasoning:

I have seen multiple new players come and go from not only this server but many others, all because the veteran players are using the server's rules and pushing them to their limits without technically breaking them. I believe that placing clear limits on what is considered baiting, as well as placing a clear punishment for this kind of behavior would bring about a more legitimate experience for all players, new and old.

Additional Information:

I have seen proof of multiple players tricking low level players who don't understand the rules being tricked by players who know the rules well. I believe that this behavior gives our server a bad name and anybody caught of doing so should receive at least a verbal warning, if not an actual one. 

Edited by Endemic_Zed
Fixing the format of it so it looks cleaner
  • Informative 1

I don't think ikt should be against the rules. I can definitely say it is frowned upon by many people. One example being Diego judging BINLADINHOE's staff app and -supporting it because of one of the reasons being that he sometimes baits people. It should just be discouraged (especially if you're an older player to the server) because it really is a shitty thing to do, but I don't think it needs to be against the rules.

While it isn't recommended that players do this, they can bait/trick players as much as they want, as long as they remain in rp. Anything outside of character or the game could be considered scamming and should be reported.