[LFS] - Planes

Deeko

This addon provides a wide variety of ships (including star wars ships) that are much smoother to fly and easier to control.  Additionally, these ships have bombing capabilities, which could make events and whatnot more cinematic. LFS also grants you the ability to make ai pilots, which actively seek out ai pilots on the other team and engage them.  This could provide some ambience to events (dogfights between Vultures and ARC-170s in the sky) and give pilots something to do during events (rather than waiting for troops to be transported and what not).

Video

Addon link

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1571918906&searchtext=lfs

24 minutes ago, Deeko said:

ai pilots

While the AI system of LFS is remarkably useful for giving Republic pilots enemies to combat that aren't always players, I'm not entirely sure how well optimized the system is. @Phantom It's certainly worth looking into.

1 minute ago, shrimp said:

While the AI system of LFS is remarkably useful for giving Republic pilots enemies to combat that aren't always players, I'm not entirely sure how well optimized the system is. @Phantom It's certainly worth looking into.

I've usually seen that 1-2 ai pilots do not affect server performance, and from the massive event earlier I think that the server can handle even 3-4.

8 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

I think it'd certainly be better than random Japanese tri-fighters performing Pearl Harbor tactics lmao. But +1, I actually really like LFS vehicle, they're very detailed and fun to use.

Yeah I agree with this man here on the subject +1

+1 Me and a friend of mine used this pack back on a server called Vector Gaming (now shut down for about a year now) and this pack blew our minds. Sure spawning a mass amount will lag the server but we got away with about 4-5 fighters that all flew in formation and broke off when they attacked. We where also able to set bombing locations that the fighters and bombers would pumble with explosives from missiles and high explosives. This pack does come with it's issues where the ships have been know to turn on each other but it's easy to fix by deleting them and respawning them. You can also set destructible launch pads that the players could destroy with other vehicles as an objective so that was always a plus for us.