Replace 2GA Shotgun

Toyto

We just need a rework on both the 2ga shotgun and the m60. The shotgun needs a damage drop and less accuracy at long rang (wider spread of shot). The m60 needs a sight option, such as a t1 or aimpoint for the ability to actually have a good sight picture and to perform as a lmg. Just my thoughts.

3 hours ago, Haqlash said:

Maybe you could request the M60 gets replaced instead, I see little to no US on Demo anyways, which is a clear sign its not liked.

There is already a suggestion  for the m60 to be fix or changed, but it got ignored.-1 solely  for the fact that yall dont want an lmg for ru more than likely it will be absolutely  useless like the m60 and you'd  be better off just throwing extended  mags on.

Let me list off some things as to why i disagree with this and a -1

1. Replacing the Shotgun with the PKM

While I am not opposed to a LMG class for 2GA, We already have a weapon that can turn into one, The AK-74 which can be modified and can turn into a RPK; a light machine gun, just like the PKM.

2. The damage of the MP-153

This section feels like a complaint, coming from someone who mainly plays US (Then again, I'm a 2GA Officer defending the MP-153). I think what you are forgetting is that the MP-153, well... IS A SHOTGUN. Of course its going to one shot someone at close range, that's literally the purpose of a shotgun. As for long range engagements, blame slug rounds. Even I know the power of slug rounds. However this does not render the marksman class useless, as the MP-153 can only have ammo types equipped. This means that if you are getting killed from someone using this shotgun, chances are they have really good aim and can use the iron sights while in long range engagements. The SKS is a good sniper as long as you land your shots, It can also be equipped with a scope making long range engagements more easier and effective; With the MP-153 you HAVE to use your iron sights, From my experiences it is much easier to use the iron sights for close to mid range firefights and I think the everyone else who has the demolition class would agree as well.

3. The Shotgun is OP at close range.

You seem to mention that the shotgun is OP at close range, which makes me wounder if you are making this suggestion because you think replacing the MP-153 with the PKM would solve the "issue" that that army has a (Shitty) LMG and 2GA doesn't?; Or if you would like it to be replaced because you and others, with all due respects, are salty that you get killed easily in CQC and would like the shotgun to be replaced so you don't have to go though all the rage and saltiness of dying by a shotgun in a building. Like i said before, It is suppose to Insta kill at close range, other wise it would be a pump action rife. (I have a feeling it's called that anyways but I think you get my point). At long range, slug rounds do their job as intended, I do sympathize with how OP the shotgun is at long range, but as i mentioned, slug rounds are to blame when it comes to that and it can be difficult to fight in long range combat with iron sights.

4. The "Imbalance"

I don't think the MP-153 is a force that creates an "Imbalance". I would say the same thing about the SKS and M14. With the SKS you can change the fire mode and conventionally reload it. If you really want to replace the MP-153 with an LMG then we should also replace the SKS with another Russian/Soviet Era sniper; Because as the 2GA Demolition class is better than Army's Demoliton class, Army's  Marksman is better than 2GA's Marksman

Conclusion

I am not opposing a dedicated LMG class for 2GA, I would actually support it; However it seems as though this suggestion is more for the fact the the MP-153 is an OP weapon and you and others would like to see it begone.  both base factions have a bad weapon, for 2GA that's the SKS (and so a small extent the AK-74), and Army's bad weapon is the demolition's M60. I've heard the their M60 is bad, as someone who plays on U.S you should be suggesting to change the M60 over the MP-153. The 2GA demolition class is fine the way it is.  As I've mentioned, you would like to see it replaced because it is simply too OP for you and many others. With all due respects (again), No one on RU has asked the MP-153 shotgun to be replaced, in fact we would like the SKS to be replaced more than the AK. If you would like  to improve 2GA or RU, please find out what problems we want fixed and then make a suggestion about it.

But then again, I am a 2GA Officer.

If your looking for a TL;DR then I would like for you to take some time our of your day just to read it, I promise it will  be worth your time

Thanks For Reading