Tank Crew RP Possibility (Replaced by "VCMod Replacement")

Description:

A little while ago, I heard through the grape vine that there was thought about implementing Tanks and Tank Crews as another way to bring in proper RP to the server, but no one knew a good vehicle Base/Engine to use. Well, I have a Base that I have been using in GMod for a while now; Simfphys. Simfphys has a series of general improvements over VCMod when it comes to cars as well, one being the driver does not usually take damage when the vehicle is shot, yet does when the vehicle crashes at high speeds. When it comes to tanks in Simfphys, there are different versions available, notably Normal and RP versions. The tanks also seat 3-4 people depending on which is used, allowing for tank crews. In normal versions, Seat 1 (operator/driver) is used to drive, operate the main cannon, and fire the cannon turret's built-in machine gun; seat 2 is used to operate a separate machine gun; seat 3 either is just a seat or operates another separate MG; and the 4th Seat onward (for other vehicles like APC's) are just seats in the vehicle.

For the RP versions, only the driver seat does anything: Drive. All Simfphys Vehicles have a gas tank that will drain as the vehicles are driven, and Simfphys allows the customization of performance and duplication of vehicles using the toolgun. Simfphys includes a Gas/Diesel/electric power pump for refeuling, making refueling a car a necessary part of RP.  The addons required for this to work are "[simfphys] LUA Vehicles - Base", and "[simfphys] armed vehicles". You can choose a variety of vehicle packs after that to fit your needs. I will be using the "[Simfphys] [INS1] Gulf War Armed Vehicles" pack by Artic to demonstrate the HUD used as well as some of the vehicles available. (See Extra Material)

How this can help the server:

Once again, this would open up another set of RP Scenarios and help deter FailRP by Stealing cars with the Fuel Limit. While work would need to be done to make the vehicles  fit the goals of the server, I would be more than happy to provide assistance through the process.

Extra Material:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png     

(DISCLAIMER: Humvee is not HUGE. I took the picture with it suspended in midair)

4 hours ago, Koulit said:

there’s probably gonna be many performance issues with this. 

FPS on this map is very good compared to that of chaharikar. I assume its because of the optimization (garnet made it and he love optimization) and because of the lack of cars. Adding a whole TANK plugin will probably destroy the server's FPS because there will be so much going on. this has to be a -1 from me.

• Agree 1